• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphic ART Music Tech Demo Addict Thread 56K-Low Spec Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsomega

Welcome to the Graphic Art Music Tech Demo Addict thread 56k-Low Spec Edition .

These tech demos are more then just technical graphic features. They are about sights and sounds all programmed elegantly into a small package. These tech demos are all 68K or under and are older generation graphic card friendly. Some don't even require one (software rendering). One exception though, one of the file sizes is about 80kb.

This is for everyone out there with 56k and/or doesn't have the latest and greatest video card. No worries, I will be reposting the previous demos, for those who missed them to catch up and new ones to meet your frothing demands.

Give these a try. They may not push your system but, what they can do with little to no graphic card requirements is impressive. And thats not going into the amount of music and detail they fit into a small size. Warning though, this first edition batch are on the light side. But lets not forget, this is the 56k-Low Spec Edition. Don't worry though I got some good ones coming up that are 56K-Low Spec as well.

Lets just see if the 56k-low spec people care.

Try them out, the 56K friendly screen shots don't do the demos justice.
Don't forget, remember to have your drivers up to date. (Open GL/Direct X).

These batch are from the Spinning Kids which you can find at www.spinningkids.org. Mostly DJ's with a taste for visuals.

Screen Saver: sk-w02s
Cool screen saver with cool music. Doesn't install. Just run like a program. Its a screen saver file, so if you place it where windows keeps the screen saver files you can use it as a screen saver. Will run on almost anything.

G-Link

SK_W02_Save.jpg

GAM Tech Demo: sk-ewgene
Pretty and light and will run on anything.

G-Link

sk-ewgene.jpg

GAM Tech Demo: sk-pkd
Pretty good, light, and runs with the music pretty well. Cooler of the other Spinning Kids demo and will run on anything.

G-Link

sk-pkd.jpg

GAM Tech Demo: apc_universe
This is by Dmitry Andreev kown as AND. Requires a P2 400 (chuckle) and anything in the era of, at. or above a Geforce256 (first GF release....chuckle). Requires 128 megs of ram though. Music is great though.

G-Link

squish.jpg

squish2.jpg

GAM Tech Demo: apc_universe
This is by group called Conspiracy. Great music and pretty visuals in this one.

G-Link

apc_universe.jpg

apc_universe-2.jpg

Mason

I am always so amazed by these demos; I can't even begin to comprehend how they can cram so much into so little space.

marsomega

I'm also surprised they have them under 68K. If you compare the size of the zip file and the size of the extracted folders you see like a 1k to 0 difference. Meaning they didn't rely on some ZIP compression. The difference obviously came from the text that came along with the demo. They certainly crammed as much music and visuals as they could.

Cool stuff.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I love this stuff, have done since the days of the C64 demo scene. (Man they could wrangle some sounds out of it's mighty SID chip.)

I'm paricularly a fan of the work by Farb-Rausch and Aardbei:

Farb-Rausch:
From fr-025:
9450.jpg

From fr-030:
9424.png

Aardbei:
From Please the cookie thing:
232.gif

Freeburn.

marsomega

Guys guys, keeps those pics very small (less then 10kb), this is a 56k friendly thread. Yea those are great freeburn, those were going to be on my next post. But I have more to put up another 56k friendly tech demo thread.

I agree, I love the FR stuff. They are very good exsecially with music graphic sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom