• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great bars on Manhattan Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to new york for the second time of my life. Last time I went I was 17... and it was a school trip. Now I'm 22 and I wanna have a great time there.

So any great bars you guys could recommend me?

Prospero

You can't go wrong in Greenwich Village--just go down to Bleecker Street and wander around. But my favorite place to drink and chill out in NYC is the back room of the Fat Black Pussycat (in the Village--don't remember the exact address, but Google will help here).

aparisi2274

You can hit Jekyll & Hyde in the Village, here is the address: Located at 91 7th Avenue South
Between West 4th Street and Barrow Street.

I also like Sutton Place, thats an awesome bar. I think its on 52nd & 2nd. I went there a few times, and its a great time. Big place, lots of chicks, and in the summer they have a nice roof bar that you can hang out at.

Then there is Hogs & Heffers.

Also, just go to the village, and u will see bar after bar.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll beat Wasabi to this one, Tempest on 30th and 8th is an awesome spot. Been back there once and want to head back next weekend. The people that were there were pretty cool.

Tammany Hall was a favorite during my early college years, it's on 53rd and 3rd.

If you got money to burn, check out the W hotel's Whiskey Bar. It's at Broadway at 47th, and it's a pretty good spot, the DJ's are usually pretty slick.

Two fridays ago we hit this other spot, Kanvas, on 24th and 9th. It's very small, but the friday after work timeslot was pretty packed. My boy managed to pick up two girls at the same time, we were pretty awed.

Of course, our favorite location at the moment is Buster's Garage. I forget what the cross street is, but it's just off the Franklin street station on the 1/9 line. It's awesome, Friday happy hour is you pay $10 and you get all you can drink. The waitresses are insanely cool too, which is probably why we keep going back there XD.

I also like Sutton Place, thats an awesome bar. I think its on 52nd & 2nd. I went there a few times, and its a great time. Big place, lots of chicks, and in the summer they have a nice roof bar that you can hang out at.

Ah, that's what that place is called. Yeah I went there Thursday as one of three places we hit that night. It was PACKED at the time, but it was a sausage fest. Incredible view of the skyline though. That place is definitely good times.

I like the bar in the Soho Grand Hotel. Pretty expensive, but the the space is beautiful, dramatic and amazing. And usually great DJs with an amusing mix of celebrity, hipsters and other assorted hot people.

APT in the West Village is cool too. It's set up like someone's apartment and also has good DJs.

Also, Open Air in the East Village, Rothko on the Lower East Side and the Delancey (also on the Lower East Side).

If you like sake, check out Decibel and Angel's Share both in the East Village. Decibel is a cool as fuck basement sake bar that feels like a secret Yakuza HQ. Angel's Share, on the other hand, is lovely and romantic. One of my favorite date spots in the city.

Have fun in NYC!

*bookmarks thread*

I go against Citysearch because those opinions never match mine, especially in my city, San Francisco. It's great to actually find stuff though... Tempest... ah, how I miss thee...

you know... it's been awhile since I've been to New York... Now this thread makes me want to go back... I think I'm gonna plan myself a field trip! :p

Pug

White Man, Mars Bar is that because The Strokes hang out there on occasions? I went to NY back in March and visited the Bar, just filled with wannabies and funny looking women, cheap beer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom