• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Party refuses to back Nader!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Hallelujah!!
biglaugh.gif

Green Party Refuses to Back Nader for President

MILWAUKEE, Wis. (Reuters) - The Green Party on Saturday refused to back Ralph Nader in his independent run for the White House, a move that could reduce his chances of being a factor in this year's election.

[...]

Nader had not sought the party's nomination but said he would have accepted either that or an endorsement as a possible route to getting on the ballot in 22 states and the District of Columbia. The party earned those ballot positions as a result of its showing in 2000 when Nader headed its ticket.

[...]

As an independent, Nader has been trying to consolidate support from third parties as well as disaffected Democrats and Republicans. He had already been endorsed by the Reform Party, giving him potential access to ballots in seven states where it won access.

Losing the Green Party's support could make it all the more difficult for him to get on the ballot in every state. He has been trying to round up signatures in as many states as possible and Democrats have indicated they will scrutinize those efforts and challenge them when validity questions arise.

[...]

As the Green candidate in 2000, Nader drew 2.7 percent of the popular vote, but Democrats saw him as a spoiler who sapped strength from former Vice President Al Gore in battleground states, including Florida, where Nader drew 97,488 votes.
Reuters

Man laying in a hammock on a hot summer day drinking lemonade = Democrats
Ralph Nader = mosquito
Green Party's refusal to back Nader = Off!

He has been trying to round up signatures in as many states as possible and Democrats have indicated they will scrutinize those efforts and challenge them when validity questions arise.
This sort of thing pisses me off. Their reaction to voter dissatisfaction isn't trying to attract that segment, but rather limiting their choices on the ballot. BAH.

kablooey

JoshuaJSlone said:
This sort of thing pisses me off. Their reaction to voter dissatisfaction isn't trying to attract that segment, but rather limiting their choices on the ballot. BAH.

Yes. But ANYTHING BUT BUSH! :rolleyes:

Alcibiades

for me it's ANYTHING BUT JOHN KERRY

I hate the way he derailed Dean's campaign...

btw, I know you were sarcastic but I'm serious...

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
efralope said:

Are you kidding? Did you read anything about the infighting and lack of cooperation inside his own campaign? Dean has only himself (or his campaign managers) to blame for losing the nomination. Kerry just was able to come in and sweep up the mess.

Bad move.

I was hoping Nader would get the nod. I was going to support the Green Candidate but now I'm not too sure. Nader seems to really behind his stances while Cobb wants to see Kerry elected. BS if you ask me.

I think I may vote for Nader now...if he gets on the ballot that is in MInnesota.

If the greens continue to just wuss out and not run hard...as Cobb suggests...what's the fuckin point of voting for them?

Alcibiades

thing is, I think Camejo is a VERY serious guy from what I saw in the California Governor Recall debates, even calling the Republican candidate "qualified" or something like that...

sure he may be out of touch with what I agree with, but at least he has some sort of profile that I knew who he was and will even more want to vote for Nader, that guy the Greens nominated I had never even heard about...

BAD MOVE GREENS NO VOTE FROM ME THIS YEAR, even though the only issue I'm almost completely with them on is like the flagship issue for the party (the environment)...

when your candidate wants Kerry to win you shouldn't be running a candidate. I thought the Democrats were stupid electing Kerry but now a new group of voters have arrived to challenge that.

Wow.

ShadowRed

Banned
efralope said:

WTF are you talking about?!!!! Kerry runs the media now. I knew the next day after Dean gave is pep ralley speach after losing the first caucus that the media was going to fuck him up the ass and make him suck afterwards. The media totally disorted a ralleying speech into, "Oh shit this motherfucker has an uncontrolable anger issue." A Dean Edwards ticket would have had this election won before the Democratic convention, now at best Bush may actually win an election for the presidency. Kerry was the worse candidate running for the democrates, and that include that Kooch guy. It's obvious that the media for some unknown reason wanted Kerry to run against Bush.

Dennis Kucinich would have been the best president ever.

Howard Dean and John Edwards were all talk(like Kerry) but no details behind anything they said. They are the "sound bite" politicians. Dennis Kucinich is a man with a mind and not just one liners.

Please go to www.kucinich.us and read more about "Kooch" before you knock him.

ShadowRed

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
Dennis Kucinich would have been the best president ever.

Howard Dean and John Edwards were all talk(like Kerry) but no details behind anything they said. They are the "sound bite" politicians. Dennis Kucinich is a man with a mind and not just one liners.

Please go to www.kucinich.us and read more about "Kooch" before you knock him.

"Please go to www.kucinich.us and read more about "Kooch" before you knock him."

How was I knocking him I said Kerry was worese than him? I agree that in a perfect world Kooch and hell even Nader should be duking it out rather than Bush and Kerry, but the reality is that neither one will ever get any where near winning an election.

"Kerry was the worst candidate running for the democrats and that includes that Kooch guy."

The way that sentence is constructed says that Kooch is bad but Kerry is worse. So in essence you were knockin'(intentionally or not) Dennis Kucinich.

And Ralph Nader and Dennis Kucinich are alike on the issues as Kerry and Bush are. The debate in this country should be Kucinich vs. any status quo politician.

ShadowRed

Banned
"And Ralph Nader and Dennis Kucinich are alike on the issues as Kerry and Bush are. The debate in this country should be Kucinich vs. any status quo politician."

What I ment was that candidates running for office should be like Nader and Kooch, people with plans and a purpose for being president rather than Bush and Kerry who just want the office to keep it from the others party and do as little as possible in the way of making change, and line their pockets with lobbist money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom