• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:SA - You have to eat & work out??

Sorry if I missed this discussion before.

What's the deal with developers trying to integrate dietary plans into my games? MGS3, I'm looking at you. Perhaps they want to start to simulate the full cyle soon. Uh oh, that Spicy Thai food is hitting, you must find a restroom immediately. And bring a magazine or a paper, and light a match, please!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=107373

GTA SAN ANDREAS: WORTH THE 'WEIGHT'? - FAT NEW DETAILS AND SHOTS!

A deluge of info the PS2 crime fest's eating and exercising feature, served up for your consumption.

14:56 So you've already heard about the need to eat and exercise in GTA: San Andreas, right? Well Rockstar has given us full details plus screens of this tasty little feature (snigger, 'tasty' - geddit?). And it reads more like something straight out of a Molyneux-inspired RPG than everyone's favourite car-jacking crime sim.

neptunes

then what I heard is true, Kojima and House have been sharing/exchanging ideas.

best of both worlds sharing ideas :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I can understand it in MGS3 because those games are all about immersing you in the world, it doesnt make much sense in GTA though, i think they must have run out of good ideas for this gen.

I think there was a discussion about this in the gamespot screenshots thread

neptunes

Ghost said:
I think there was a discussion about this in the gamespot screenshots thread

nah, people were just expressing how much they don't want to play the game in that thread, just like every GTA thread.

It's not gonna be much different from the stamina in GTA3 and VC. You couldn't run a lot at first, and it didn't change anything. And by working out they mean Run, go to a gym icon and train for X money, etc. Nothing too complicated.

DCX

DCX
Littleberu said:
It's not gonna be much different from the stamina in GTA3 and VC. You couldn't run a lot at first, and it didn't change anything. And by working out they mean Run, go to a gym icon and train for X money, etc. Nothing too complicated.
Almost Shenmue like. Shenmue with gun and 'Pac. Gotta love it.

DCX

bjork

Eating shiould play out like Wario Ware, imo.

"CUT!" leftrightleftrightleftright OKAY!

"EAT!" buttonbuttonbuttonbuttonbutton

I don't want to spend too much time eating, but I don't want to just pick up food icons, either.

Gattsu25

Banned
Littleberu said:

Heh, that's how I saw it as well

Not only can this game own but you can kill as a lardass!

bjork

Does this mean not having to do stupid Ambulance missions to get infinite run?

Or is infinite run gone?

Gattsu25

Banned
I love the ambulance missions* :b

*if you use the police glitch to empty out your vehicle without having to visit the hospital

evil ways

Well since eating and working out is all connected to both your stamina, speed, and strength, I say it's a good idea that will let you customize your character however you want, stats-wise.

Gamespot said that you can have a really thin character that's fast and has stamina but doesn't really pack much of a punch when it comes to hand to hand combat, or have a really fat guy that's really strong, but slow and get's tired quicker, or also have a balanced character that's both ripped, moderately strong, with stamina and good speed. Plus there are different kinds of food, so if you want to just stay average, feed your character food that doesn't have many calories.

I don't see this as a big deal or a boring task, after all, how hard can it be to just go to the place, eat the food and keep on going about your bussiness.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
bishoptl said:
CUZ IT SAYS S-NIGGER

IT'S A GAME ABOUT BLACK CULTURE

CVG = TEH WIT

oh...because I was thinking his tag was about to say "banned" thanks for clearing that all up for me...

8bit

Knows the Score
CVG = Rubbish. It may be a genuine mistake on their part as they don't come across as bright enough to make such a hidden slight.

Top Bottom