• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA San Andreas: "Near-Final Build Impressions"

doncale

Banned
I've never bought a GTA game, ever.

I would if there was a GTA that had graphics just like Harley Davidson & LA Riders throughout the entire game, combined with the scope of San Andreas.

doncale said:
I've never bought a GTA game, ever.

I would if there was a GTA that had graphics just like Harley Davidson & LA Riders throughout the entire game, combined with the scope of San Andreas.

San Andreas looks better than that game any day. (presumably you're talking about the AM1 Model 2 game)

That means you must now buy San Andreas.

Travado

San Andreas in this near final state looks absolutely awesome. The technical standard of visuals is highly impressive, with the framerate now in a very healthy shape and in fact seeming to go up as high as the magical 50-60 mark in open areas (intriguingly, at one stage when we were flying around in a helicopter, the frame rate was at its highest despite an incredible draw distance). Animation, lighting, art style and effects - it is looking mighty hot. Put it next to Vice City on Xbox - let alone PS2 - and this looks five times better.

Wow, can't wait! :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
and in my view makes a mockery of similar titles on more powerful hardware that fail to deliver this astonishing level of NPC individuality and immersive, believable environment as effectively.
Take that Fable :p

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Wyzdom said:
five time better for sure. I'm Santa Claus.

Santy Claus, I want an M-16 for xmas, pweeasseee? I wont pee in your milk this year if you bring it for me!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wyzdom said:
five time better for sure. I'm Santa Claus.
Wyzdom
Warning: Label does not match Description
HAW
Put it next to Vice City on Xbox - let alone PS2 - and this looks five times better.
Hyperbole ahoy! Still, I'm sure their familiarity with the Renderware engine has paid off in spades - the draw distance in some of the screenshots looks absolutely nuts.
Following the recent Interscope Records announcement, we were also keen to get an update on what further announcements will be made regarding the game's highly anticipated soundtrack. Hamish could only offer, "we may make a brief announcement before the game's release to reveal a few of the tracks, but the majority will be left for gamers to actually discover."
Good! I don't want to know!
The Manhunt-style targeting system looked remarkably intuitive to use during the shooting moments but the newly tweaked driving system means you can independently and accurately control the view 360 degrees, so that, explains Dean, "when you want to turn the corner, you can look around it as you're approaching it, and then turn into it, and it completely changes the way you drive in GTA."
*fap*

GIVE ME THIS NOW.

KyotoMecca said:
San Andreas looks better than that game any day. (presumably you're talking about the AM1 Model 2 game)

That means you must now buy San Andreas.

Harley Davidson and LA Riders was a Model 3 game (may have beven been Model3/step2 iirc) and it looked fantastic. It'd be hard to say if San Andreas looks better/worse though w/o doing a head to head comparison. Nostalgia seems to cloud the way Model 3 games have aged to some people (including myself).

Kikizo said:
The technical standard of visuals is highly impressive, with the framerate now in a very healthy shape and in fact seeming to go up as high as the magical 50-60 mark in open areas (intriguingly, at one stage when we were flying around in a helicopter, the frame rate was at its highest despite an incredible draw distance).
:O

AssMan

Banned
So can you target different body parts, and what good will that do? The previous GTA games it really didn't matter where you shot them(except for sniping people).

Pimpbaa

North are using a number of techniques to make this possible, most notably mip-mapping, and hierarchical levels of detail on the models

I hope this means the game will have no (or greatly reduced) texture shimmering. This is one of the things that made the GTA double pack look so good on the xbox.

Top Bottom