• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA tv?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just saw a commerical on G4techtv which mentioned how all day Tues, the entire channel will essentially transform into a massive commercial for San Andreas.

Thought I'd mention it here for those interested in the game...but then again you will probably be busy playing it.

hobbitx

I think it's cool they are giving two of the biggest titles of the year a day of love. Halo is supposed to be getting it's own day as well which is pretty nice. I wonder if any Nintendo games will get their own da.............. oh who am I kidding.

Bristow

Banned
ManaByte said:
There'd have to be a title as big as Halo 2 or San Andreas...

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? Keep in mind the original is rated higher than either Halo or either of the GTA games.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bristow said:
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? Keep in mind the original is rated higher than either Halo or either of the GTA games.

Sorry. Prime 2 is going to be a great game, but it has nowhere near the mass-market attention that GTA: San Andreas and Halo 2 have. The only GCN game that is even close is Zelda.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bristow said:
I believe Mana said a game "AS BIG AS." Which is WILDLY different from "as good as."

evil ways

MTV was going to have a GTA San Andreas special, which was supposed to have interviews with GTA fans, Rockstar and including never before seen game footage, but it was scrapped when Rockstar declined to have MTV at their offices or show any game footage to their cameras.

Ploid 3.0

Yea I saw these commercials last night or morning rather. And a few minutes ago I found out GAT:SA was coming out on Tuesday lol. My somewhat gamer cousin knew before me lol. I gotta spend more time on these boards.

I have to admit I watch G4TechTV. I kind of expected that mentioning it on a serious gaming forum like this would draw ridicule, name calling and other such things that would generally have a bad outcome for me.

As for the GTA day, I'm just glad that this seems to promise a day of fresh programming since they do tend to recycle quite a bit. I'll miss the Halo day of course, I've got plans for the several days surrounding that release date.

I wouldn't be surprised if G4TechTV did a day for Zelda. I mean, if there was ever a game from Nintendo that would be, I'm not sure what word would best describe the traits neccesary to garner a 'day' on G4, but Zelda would have it. After all they did award the Zelda series their "Greatest game of all time" title in their little top 100 count down.

evil ways said:
MTV was going to have a GTA San Andreas special, which was supposed to have interviews with GTA fans, Rockstar and including never before seen game footage, but it was scrapped when Rockstar declined to have MTV at their offices or show any game footage to their cameras.

Great decision guys. They both edited the first ever footage of your trailer then pushed it out on a video server with nowhere near enough capacity for the demand that should have been expected, thus fucking up the whole thing and waiting for proper game sites to come and clear up the mess - THE KIND OF SITES THAT THE TRAILER SHOULD HAVE GONE TO IN THE FIRST PLACE if you ask me.

evil ways

I think the problem spawned from MTV wanting to include a segment and questions dedicated to the supposed "Manhunt murder" case, GTA's controversy and the issue with attorney Jack Thompson.

Top Bottom