• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys and Arah. I want to try this place.
It actually is a very cool dungeon, atmosphere and encounter-design included.

It's just:

1) Super long. Like, really long. It's in a class of its own.
2) Filled with hatred for me. Seriously Arah like fucks with my internet connection and forces me to do algebra while playing it.

etiolate

Banned
I want to hear that Arah is all working properly before I give it a go. I do need to finish my story quests and grab the Pact Staff, as I like that skin.

Levyne

Banned
zGeq1l.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
YOU'RE FAMOUS TO ME NICOGA

We're gonna have to run this game into the ground for the rest of this month. Five dungeons in a row? NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He's off to the black hole that is Holy Matrimony; as he sets up his bleak new life, Guild Wars 2 may *gasp* have to be set aside for some time. Although I'm sure you'll still make time to say "bitch I'm talking to the boys on my web page!" and give us a visit here.

<3

And I'm going to make a sign with the bolded and just stick it next to my computer.

Vossler

Excited for the weekend, my level 80 ranger will hopefully get some buffs, as my other toons are still very low level. Fractal looks sweet, as will be killing giant crabs.

r4z4

They must be taking their time to ensure the Engineer enhancements are awesome enough, so I'm prepared to wait.

etiolate

Banned
That new map is going to be full of Mesmers sitting at the bottom cap point and portaling to the shrine buff on pop, then stealth capping it. lol

pyrandes

What weapon do you use? I'm using Sword/Pistol and Staff right now.
Right now Im using the same, but I switch off according to need and my traits (been retraiting every other week on whim to try put ideas). Its a pretty safe, but awkward, build (due to the pistol).

Was trying to run sw/sw and staff, but accidently trashed my 2nd sword :(. Thankfully it was a green, but Ill want to replace it with something from a dungeon tokens.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hrouda said:
Hey Folks,
This patch will see a reworked loot system for dungeons. We realize our current system is lacking, and we have been working hard to correct that. I&#8217;m here to detail a bit about what is going to happen, and what you can expect.

So what did we do?
We selected three specific sub-bosses throughout each dungeon chain and developed special drops for them that are influenced by your character&#8217;s Magic Find. We also gave those three sub-bosses a guaranteed item called a &#8220;Bag of Wondrous Goods&#8221; which will give the players a consumable Karma item worth 400 karma, and a consumable monetary item worth up to 4 silver. In explorable dungeons, the bag will also reward three tokens specific to the dungeon.
We realize some explorable chains don&#8217;t have as many bosses within them, so we made sure to account for this and updated as many event rewarded chests as needed to ensure balance between all the explorable paths.
We hope these fixes address the issues with dungeon rewards that we have been seeing. As always we will be watching and balancing as new situations arise, but we feel confident that the improvements we have made will make dungeon more rewarding. We&#8217;re always looking to expand and better the system though, and regard this in a step in the right direction.
nom nom nom nom nom

edit: nom nom nom

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are the special drops unique items?
Nobody knoooooows
Well, 3 bosses per dungeon, so only 400 per run, right?
three specific sub-bosses throughout each dungeon chain
?

Also, this. I'm a bit miffed because I DO need to buy a set of MF gear now, but it is what it is.
Meh. Just pop MF food. No one I'm devoting the time specifically to making a real MF gear set until I'm bored enough to have nothing else to do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nobody knoooooows

?

Meh. Just pop MF food. No one I'm devoting the time specifically to making a real MF gear set until I'm bored enough to have nothing else to do.

I missed the word chain, woops! So 1200 karma will be nice then! More to save for that monthly karma chug!

I enjoy CM enough to not mind running it for MF. That being said, I need to start farming Orr for MF berry yummies!

I'm still stuck at working hoping the patch notes come up so I can at least read whats changed. Guild is planning on popping every guild buff we have saved and going face first into the new dungeon as soon as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom