• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
The book burning just got rekindled:

Maarius an hour ago SHARE
how important for you is vertical progression in GW2?
IsaiahCartwright @Maarius 55 minutes ago SHARE
All progression is important to us, we want to make sure our rewards and progression systems hit a spectrum of players and makes everyone feel excited to play the game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Haha is this serious? It's semi-ridiculous right now. Or did you mean a specific item?

Well everyone at the Jormag event seems to have gotten a lot less drops than usual. Like less than half normal. And people on the map weren't getting many drops from their kills too.

Though I did just get 9 gold from Jormag, so pretty good!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What can I say, JormJorm event is best event. Well except when one of the cursed shore events break.

KuroNeeko

...20 slot boxes as dungeon rewards? No waypoint zerging? Manually scalable difficulty? Oh happy day!

You know, I just went through AC path 1 last night, it was my second run that day. The leader, a warrior, just took off running through trash mobs and expected the two elementalists and I (Mesmer) to just keep up. After the party wiped a few times, he changed his mind.

It was my first experience "waypoint zerging" though I didn't know it had a name until I read your post. Completely ruined the experience for me. I think the whole run took about 30-40 minutes or so, but I don't know - something about trying to exploit game design just to get to the bosses (aka PhAtt LoOtz) left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope zerging is not the norm. I don't mind it taking longer since I actually go into dungeons to experience the content.

etiolate

Banned
For people who have been trying to get into SBI, the server is currently listed at "High" and not full for first time in ...a long time. I imagine they increased capacity for RAF rather than people ragequitting, so get in before the RAF kicks in if you want to.

Arcteryx

Just made ~1g from doing one path in AC: end reward, bags of gold, all champs/bosses dropping near 10s each, and vendor trash on top of it.

Liking the increased dungeon drops so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You know, I just went through AC path 1 last night, it was my second run that day. The leader, a warrior, just took off running through trash mobs and expected the two elementalists and I (Mesmer) to just keep up. After the party wiped a few times, he changed his mind.

It was my first experience "waypoint zerging" though I didn't know it had a name until I read your post. Completely ruined the experience for me. I think the whole run took about 30-40 minutes or so, but I don't know - something about trying to exploit game design just to get to the bosses (aka PhAtt LoOtz) left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope zerging is not the norm. I don't mind it taking longer since I actually go into dungeons to experience the content.

AC path 1 shouldn't take 40 minutes even without cheeeeeesing

KuroNeeko

Damn it, was fully ready to start making a Tool Kit engineer with turrets. For some reason I was thinking "Tool Belt" and not "Tool Kit." Turns out it's yet another big ass ugly backpack I have to lug around.

Sucks that Tool Kit is best used with Turrets, but the Kit itself actually takes a slot you could use on a turret. :/ Oh well.

Changes to professions are underwhelming, but that's more my fault for expecting a lot. I imagine Thieves and Elementalists in WvW will probably complain the most, though Conjured weapons have been buffed a bit so maybe we'll see a bit more of that. Engineers will have to start looking around for alternatives to grenades and I'm scratching my head at some of the elixir changes. I'll probably make a Turret engineer just to try them out, but I hope they make backpack visibility something you can toggle like other backwear. I doubt it but I just don't like the way they look.

The changes I'm actually most excited about are the Necro changes. It will be interesting to see if Blood Minion is a viable heal now. Most necros go Consume Condition in solo and the healing well in group play. Increased survivability + 200% increase in healing makes it a lot more attractive. Increased damage to Ghastly Claws is a small step in making Axes viable. Almost no one I know uses them. Same with increased Vulnerability stacks to Reaper's Touch - since no one really uses the Focus either. They've still got a lot of work to do on the class, but it's step in the right direction.

Mesmer changes are pretty much in line with what I expected. I'm no Mexpert though. I think Eti is probably right about the increased Portal cooldown. I don't think they know how to balance the skill so long as the Culling problem remains so they just lowered the cooldown in an effort to get players to use something else. I was hoping for some more AI fixes, but Mesmers are in a pretty good place so...

Thief changes were expected, though I don't know if anyone saw the nerf to Dancing Dagger. I don't have a high level thief, but I usually ran S/D (or D/D) + Short Bow. I used Dancing Dagger mostly for the cripple and the AoE aspect - I never knew it was being used as a source of damage for most Thieves. Too bad, it's a fun skill. Blinding Powder CD reduction makes it an interesting choice for utility. Scorpion Wire range increase is nice. Shadow Trap looks interesting. I was hoping for some more Trap love, but I guess they don't really need it.

Will probably switch to my Necro for awhile since I've got the feeling they're the least played class right now. Making a Thief is looking attractive too but their play just seems limited to other classes. With a class like the Engineer and Mesmer, their options and playstyles really seem to expand as they gain levels. Thieves (and Necros) just seem to get more focused on their builds. Not necessarily bad, but I'm not confident that they'll have enough to hold my interest for 80 levels.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thief changes were expected, though I don't know if anyone saw the nerf to Dancing Dagger. I don't have a high level thief, but I usually ran S/D (or D/D) + Short Bow. I used Dancing Dagger mostly for the cripple and the AoE aspect - I never knew it was being used as a source of damage for most Thieves. Too bad, it's a fun skill. Blinding Powder CD reduction makes it an interesting choice for utility. Scorpion Wire range increase is nice. Shadow Trap looks interesting. I was hoping for some more Trap love, but I guess they don't really need it.
Been playing around with dancing dagger tonight, it's still a great skill. Spamming it vanilla on a single target is just not worthwhile, but using it through a combo field and especially between 3 targets is great.

etiolate

Banned
Note for my fellow Mesmers: Phantasmal Haste is still not working properly. It's still not reducing the cooldown on Mage's attack recharge.

Nah that's not the norm. Every now and then you will get "that person" who either bitches the entire way through that it's taking a long time, or just decides to plow through everything and people keep dying as a result. For the most part though, people want to run it correctly, so don't let this experience spoil it for you.

Sent in my ticket for a refund >.< know it wont happen but a good chance to vent.

Please tell me you are joking.

I used Dancing Dagger mostly for the cripple and the AoE aspect - I never knew it was being used as a source of damage for most Thieves.

There's a couple youtube vids floating around with 2 thieves dropping multiple groups of enemies with DD in WvW, pretty ridiculous stuff.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, friend gave me a trial key, if I want to play with people do I have to be in the same home world as them, or is there cross world play?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow - after another evening of dungeons and random adventuring, I can say that I'm very excited for the future if dungeons. I made a good chunk of gold tonight from not only mob drops, but also the new chest rewards.

That's right - Kohler is now worth killing every time!

Ashodin

Wow - after another evening of dungeons and random adventuring, I can say that I'm very excited for the future if dungeons. I made a good chunk of gold tonight from not only mob drops, but also the new chest rewards.

That's right - Kohler is now worth killing every time!

And you enjoyed hanging with us homies!

nataku

I wish I could find a group for Arah story where people don't DC. Every time it happens the person returning gets thrown into a new instance and no one feels like trying it again so the party disbands.

I just had another party where someone disconnected and it bugged the actual instance. The second airship ride wouldn't trigger. When someone tried to leave to find a 5th, they couldn't get back in the instance with us because it was throwing them into a new one.

etiolate

Banned
I'll need to do Arah story to finish off my story quest.

So for the past 20 or so minutes I've been making Portals of Death in Lion's Arch. I've always wanted to make a portal in mid-air, but you can't drop portals while jumping or falling, and portals at the edge of where you stand always put people at the very safe edge of an area.

And then I got an idea!

Dodge backwards off a ledge, cast portal exit immediately after.... and success! A portal exit in mid air that leads to death by fall damage!

Yes, I'm proud of myself. This is almost better than what I dropped portals on top of dragon treasure chests before they put in F-key priority.

Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My Warrior support shout healing build is now in shambles. Combined with my traits that had Shouts heal, and my runes that had shouts removing conditions, and then running around spamming 3 shouts constantly in rotation, i could heal unlimited amount of folks with sometimes 7-9k:( :(

rune of the soldier wasnt a joke folks!

Forkball

Lost Shores

Day 1: Defend Lion's Arch
Day 2: Retake Lion's Arch

Great job guys, the event hasn't even started yet and you lost.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what's new today?

Event officially starts and FotM open!

It was really fun running through PvE maps after the dungeon run especially. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much amazing stuff is going on throughout the world. I have 100% world clear, yet I feel like I saw an entirely different side of the world today. That strange, beautiful jump puzzle and charging through Mount Maelstrom to catch that boss fight were both highlights. It's just crazy how much there is to see and do...

And you enjoyed hanging with us homies!

Oh most def - guild wanderings are fun always. I love running with guildies and chatting in Mumble about random whatever. And I agree 100% with you animlboogy. It was pretty nutso with that jump puzzle dimension Hawkian showed us last night and wandering the world like we did. It's easy to get caught up on the dungeons and money and goodies/loot - it's nice to take a step back sometimes and enjoy what this game has to offer.

I need to get in on this increased dungeon loot. I was planning to log some time this weekend during the event so maybe I'll get to those dungeons I've been putting off for a while now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It was really fun running through PvE maps after the dungeon run especially. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much amazing stuff is going on throughout the world. I have 100% world clear, yet I feel like I saw an entirely different side of the world today. That strange, beautiful jump puzzle and charging through Mount Maelstrom to catch that boss fight were both highlights. It's just crazy how much there is to see and do...
Yeah, love the feeling of charging through a zone and making it right at the transition of a Meta Event to the final phase. It's cliche at this point but the world really does feel alive, like that all would still have been going on if we weren't there.

Based on the silver I got from that little random adventuring at Maelstrom, I'm definitely excited to get the rest of my world completion done. For the most part this patch made it just more rewarding all around to do the things I enjoyed doing already anyway. :p

Ugh, work. And family dinner and possibly Skyfall tonight. What vile personas keep me from the lost shores
It's easy to get caught up on the dungeons and money and goodies/loot - it's nice to take a step back sometimes and enjoy what this game has to offer.
Totally agreed. I'm glad they're incentivizing dungeons even more and adding new instanced content, but the open world is really a triumph for the most part. I love the feeling of "knowing" something you can show your party if you happen to be in the right place, like the way the hidden garden opens. Plus you never know when they are going to have added something even if it's a zone you've completely conquered. That was my first time running into a skritt burglar! Nice job murdering him by the way. For the curious, he didn't drop anything extra-special for me but I made about 12s off the loot from the encounter.

eznark

Banned
Is this event stuff this weekend only for level capped folks? Hoping to get back into the game after Thanksgiving when other games die down but wanted to check out this event if possible.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, love the feeling of charging through a zone and making it right at the transition of a Meta Event to the final phase. It's cliche at this point but the world really does feel alive, like that all would still have been going on if we weren't there.

Based on the silver I got from that little random adventuring at Maelstrom, I'm definitely excited to get the rest of my world completion done. For the most part this patch made it just more rewarding all around to do the things I enjoyed doing already anyway. :p

Ugh, work. And family dinner and possibly Skyfall tonight. What vile personas keep me from the lost shores

Totally agreed. I'm glad they're incentivizing dungeons even more and adding new instanced content, but the open world is really a triumph for the most part. I love the feeling of "knowing" something you can show your party if you happen to be in the right place, like the way the hidden garden opens. Plus you never know when they are going to have added something even if it's a zone you've completely conquered. That was my first time running into a skritt burglar! Nice job murdering him by the way. For the curious, he didn't drop anything extra-special for me but I made about 12s off the loot from the encounter.

On the first point - I have <40% world completion, so I've got a long road ahead of me. But damn if it isn't exciting to think about. There are some zones I went to for the first time in 200+ hours of game time this past week. That's crazy to think about.

On the second point - I did manage to nab a rare that net me 2-3 ectos, so I definitely enjoyed that little guy. I love how he just danced through the zone and led us through enemy mobs, haha. I imagine one of those in a zone of Risen or "hard" meta events would be absolutely nightmarish.

And your plans for the evening, while wonderful sounding, suck. Suck suck suck. But we'll all be here ready to rock more FotM and events when you get back from being social (something I haven't done in far too long...).

Is this event stuff this weekend only for level capped folks? Hoping to get back into the game after Thanksgiving when other games die down but wanted to check out this event if possible.

You get scaled up to 80, so you can make a level 1 and participate if you so wish!

lol51

Have 3 keys for the free trial weekend:

1GG3GQ-4TF68-4L7P-3BS-9HDCXP8
1GG3GQ-8H3TB-LSX4-1GW-P8981NC
1GG3GV-F6TM6-P1W6-FNM-QKGBN4D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this event stuff this weekend only for level capped folks?
Nope, it looks like bumping people up to 80 for the duration of event content is gonna be a regular thing.

By the way, doing this is such a stroke of arcade-gamey genius that I would be shocked if it is not adopted by a majority of games that have scheduled events within a few years.
On the first point - I have <40% world completion, so I've got a long road ahead of me. But damn if it isn't exciting to think about. There are some zones I went to for the first time in 200+ hours of game time this past week. That's crazy to think about.
Same, I'm at 59% complete, and when we were just running around Wayfarer killing moas while the drop rate was screwy I noticed that The Frozen Maw was active for the first time I'd seen- had just never got around to doing it. I'm gonna have to make a checklist of the Meta Events at some point. They vary in scope but the ones that are big are really awesome.

On the second point - I did manage to nab a rare that net me 2-3 ectos, so I definitely enjoyed that little guy.
Damn you!
And your plans for the evening, while wonderful sounding, suck. Suck suck suck. But we'll all be here ready to rock more FotM and events when you get back from being social (something I haven't done in far too long...).
Yeah I just want to cocoon up for the weekend and tell people I'm unreachable :-x Alas. I'm definitely up for trying the Fractals between getting home from work and going to see my parents though. :D

Ah, crafty crafty Weyandt. ;) Remember the name of the cavern for when the time comes!

Sorry you got kicked btw, have you been readded?

Nah, I've done that one
down the water fall yeah?
This one is in
Gendorran, turn right after you leave Lion's Gate and it's inside a cave network. Sign says 'Warning: Greed is Dangerous' and there are 4 ancient torches to light. Lit them all but nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom