• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah I just want to cocoon up for the weekend and tell people I'm unreachable :-x Alas. I'm definitely up for trying the Fractals between getting home from work and going to see my parents though. :D

I have 15 days before I get married, only about 9 of which will allow any sort of GW2 time. I need to take gross advantage of this. I am, for all intents and purposes, unreachable by anyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have 15 days before I get married, only about 9 of which will allow any sort of GW2 time. I need to take gross advantage of this. I am, for all intents and purposes, unreachable by anyone.
Wise. :D

Hmmm. While I won't have it done by my first time in the Fractals like I hoped, I am very close to being able to make my full Eagle set. Does anybody have any suggestions for Asura assassin-y armor combinations? I'm looking at the Whispers chest possibly, but I'd really want shoulders/gloves that cover up more of the arm than the Whispers gear does. Using my original Anonymity Hood for this set so the helm is taken care of. Think I want the Sup. Studded leggings and boots, too. So it's Chest, Shoulders, Gloves I need to decide on.

BrettWeir

Wise. :D

Hmmm. While I won't have it done by my first time in the Fractals like I hoped, I am very close to being able to make my full Eagle set. Does anybody have any suggestions for Asura assassin-y armor combinations? I'm looking at the Whispers chest possibly, but I'd really want shoulders/gloves that cover up more of the arm than the Whispers gear does. Using my original Anonymity Hood for this set so the helm is taken care of. Think I want the Sup. Studded leggings and boots, too. So it's Chest, Shoulders, Gloves I need to decide on.

I LOVE my combo! Try this maybe?

ibus4oZ2aydCeW.jpg

Vigil shoulders, Whispers coat, Asura Cultural boots, HoM gloves, Anonymity hood, Duelist pants.

WTB more glowy daggers in the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Daily PVP awards finally got me to do PVP for the first time.

It's ridiculously fun!
Yeah, the urge is strong to play my first-ever match now.
I LOVE my combo! Try this maybe?

Vigil shoulders, Whispers coat, Asura Cultural boots, HoM gloves, Anonymity hood, Duelist pants.

WTB more glowy daggers in the game.
Dude. Awesome. Thank you!

I forgot to consider HoM stuff, but I REALLY dig that. I think I might do the Vigil transfer from my mes to get those shoulders, but go with different gloves, leggings and boots, and a totally different colo scheme so I won't be copying you too bad. Really sweet to see that the main part of the combo (anon hood + whispers coat) looks so badass.

And yeah, the CoE/Mystic daggers immediately called out to me cause of the particle effect. Besides the crazy mists one, the pact reward dagger, and AC, I don't think there are any others.

What are people running on Thieves currently for WvW/Dungeons? I am still not sure the direction I wan't to take mine in, although I may just leave him solely to PvP as I swear I spend more time down in dungeons than I do fighting.

I was thinking something like 25/30/0/0/15, but not sold on it yet.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Yeah, the urge is strong to play my first-ever match now.

The only thing I hate is that is that armor from PvE doesn't carry over and I'm not exactly sure how to recreate my PvE look in PvP. So my guy looks like a Native American tribesman instead of Darth Maul. :-/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So who's ditching work to defend LA today?
Really wish I had. Stupid meetings.
What are people running on Thieves currently for WvW/Dungeons? I am still not sure the direction I wan't to take mine in, although I may just leave him solely to PvP as I swear I spend more time down in dungeons than I do fighting.

I was thinking something like 25/30/0/0/15, but not sold on it yet.
There are lotsa viable builds. What do you want to focus on? That stat distribution makes me think you want to run a Venom/DoT spec, would that be close?

markot

Banned
Who's got 2 thumbs and got a refund for all his 100+ dollars worth of gem purchases but not of the actual game cause it was bought over the 6 month limit they use?

Account is kaputnik.

So long suckers >_<!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So who's ditching work to defend LA today?

I wish I would have. But alas, I need to finish a FEW things before I leave for the honeymoon.

This weekend will be good to me. <3

Who's got 2 thumbs and got a refund for all his 100+ dollars worth of gem purchases but not of the actual game cause it was bought over the 6 month limit they use?

Account is kaputnik.

So long suckers >_<!

Hopefully you find what you're looking for in another game.

There are lotsa viable builds. What do you want to focus on? That stat distribution makes me think you want to run a Venom/DoT spec, would that be close?

I was thinking possible roaming/small group stuff for WvW for when I am with just a guild group. Maybe something like this. Then again the shadow arts tree looks like it could be useful for roaming as well.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Uhhhm doesn't the defend LA event repeat until tomorrow's event? Only the sunday event is at a specific time. Or did that change?

Arcteryx

Account is kaputnik.

So long suckers >_<!

haha you'd think they would refund for the game($60?) vs $100+ for gems.

Vossler

Rather dissapointed in the Ranger non-changes, hopefully they make us more vital in group settings soon. Looks like they are making us go the greatsword route, the longbow needs some boosts, IMO. Other than that, excited for the weekend!!!

Taffer

I'll need to do Arah story to finish off my story quest.

So for the past 20 or so minutes I've been making Portals of Death in Lion's Arch. I've always wanted to make a portal in mid-air, but you can't drop portals while jumping or falling, and portals at the edge of where you stand always put people at the very safe edge of an area.

And then I got an idea!

Dodge backwards off a ledge, cast portal exit immediately after.... and success! A portal exit in mid air that leads to death by fall damage!

Yes, I'm proud of myself. This is almost better than what I dropped portals on top of dragon treasure chests before they put in F-key priority.

I was thinking of making a Mesmer just to see if I could grief bots by dropping a portal near their kills. I haven't seen any lately though.

Nah, I've done that one
down the water fall yeah?
This one is in
Gendorran, turn right after you leave Lion's Gate and it's inside a cave network. Sign says 'Warning: Greed is Dangerous' and there are 4 ancient torches to light. Lit them all but nothing happened.

You need to light them all and
kill all the ghost pirates (pirate ghosts?) in the cave, then jump into the water and look for a hidden passage that opens down there. It's only open while both conditions are met I believe.

Rawk Hawk

Account is kaputnik.

So long suckers >_<!

I'm not sure why we are suckers for continuing to play something we like, but okay.

Take care of yourself. Hopefully the next game you play, you'll enjoy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was thinking possible roaming/small group stuff for WvW for when I am with just a guild group. Maybe something like this. Then again the shadow arts tree looks like it could be useful for roaming as well.
Totally viable, focus on venoms and liberally use dancing dagger and you essentially just have a permanent 10% damage boost across the board. Then you're right there with me with an identical critical strikes line. God bless the executioner.

You've also shown great class by investing the points necessary for Preparedness ;)

Re: shadow arts vs. either Deadly/Critical for roaming- just depends what you're looking for. Shadow Arts will make you imminently more survivable, the other two will significantly increase DPS. Shadow Arts really excels at the "turning a vulnerable position into an advantage" game. Low on health, when you use Hide in Shadows suddenly you gain initiative and do extra damage coming out of stealth.

One thing I'd say is that silly as it sounds, investing 10 points into acrobatics is well worth it to me for swiftness on dodge and the major trait, which gives you the ability to swap between a number of situationally-useful abilities including the fall damage trait (lifesaver in some areas). Course, this comes at the expense of overall "doing something" effectiveness.

What weapons do you run?

Forkball

Uh, could I get back in the guild? I haven't been so active recently but I still play it on and off and plan to play Lost Shores. WHY GAF, WHY

Totally viable, focus on venoms and liberally use dancing dagger and you essentially just have a permanent 10% damage boost across the board. Then you're right there with me with an identical critical strikes line. God bless the executioner.

You've also shown great class by investing the points necessary for Preparedness ;)

Re: shadow arts vs. either Deadly/Critical for roaming- just depends what you're looking for. Shadow Arts will make you imminently more survivable, the other two will significantly increase DPS. Shadow Arts really excels at the "turning a vulnerable position into an advantage" game. Low on health, when you use Hide in Shadows suddenly you gain initiative and do extra damage coming out of stealth.

One thing I'd say is that silly as it sounds, investing 10 points into acrobatics is well worth it to me for swiftness on dodge and the major trait, which gives you the ability to swap between a number of situationally-useful abilities including the fall damage trait (lifesaver in some areas). Course, this comes at the expense of overall "doing something" effectiveness.

What weapons do you run?

Currently still undecided on the weapons. Just hit 50 last night and it's a big change in class after coming off a fully decked out level 80 guardian, but it's a lot of fun. I like dagger/dagger, but sword/pistol seems to give a lot of survivability too.

Account is kaputnik.

So long suckers >_<!

And please don't come back. :D

I don't know much about GW2 PvP, but do they have something similar to Jade Quarry or Fort Aspenwood from GW1? I really liked those competitive missions.

Complistic

You guys need to go easier on the guild member cullings. I'm super active generally, I didn't happen to play much during the last 2 weeks and you still took me off the list. I know it's easy to get back in, but some people aren't going to want to be bothered and you're going to end up with a smaller guild over time.

Last I checked we weren't hurting for spots in the guild. I'm sure you could up the limit to a month and be just fine. Now I can't get back in because there are no officers online. Maybe I'm missing the reason we're so anal about it.

Ashuron

You guys need to go easier on the guild member cullings. I'm super active generally, I didn't happen to play much during the last 2 weeks and you still took me off the list. I know it's easy to get back in, but some people aren't going to want to be bothered and you're going to end up with a smaller guild over time.

Last I checked we weren't hurting for spots in the guild. I'm sure you could up the limit to a month and be just fine. Now I can't get back in because there are no officers online. Maybe I'm missing the reason we're so anal about it.

Yeah, last time I logged in was Sunday and I was still kicked.

BrettWeir

This is another reason we need a broader spectrum (time-wise) of "officers". I play practically every day from 8 am to whenever....rarely ever is there an officer online.

01DragonFly

GAFGuild Culling has been completed!
If you log in and find yourself kicked, it is nothing personal; because of the 500 member Guild limit, we occasionally remove inactive players to make room. Our logic is that if you're not playing regularly, you'd never notice you were kicked; if you are active, you will. Simply whisper an officer to get back in; Ferny, Ashodin Venteal, Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif, or Wallach.

2 day a go I checked an we had 5 spots left to have a full guild.
There is no way to tell which people have played in the last couple of days and if we want to have people to play with, this is the only way

Rawk Hawk

This culling was pretty big. Hopefully it won't be needed again, at least for awhile.

Yea I think a lot of the people who won't be playing GW2 in the future have probably already started to leave the game, I just wish there was a way to cull after an event as opposed to right before it. I know they are set up around the patches to help provide information about who hasn't been on since the last patch (no location listed), but maybe a sortable 'last seen online' column would help?

Honestly not sure what information is available to officers to help with this, maybe that already exists?

01DragonFly

Honestly not sure what information is available to officers to help with this, maybe that already exists?

they have almost the same information as normal members , you can only see players name,map location,profession lv and achievement points( this information does not show if people have not played in a while)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh, could I get back in the guild? I haven't been so active recently but I still play it on and off and plan to play Lost Shores. WHY GAF, WHY
Just an accident. It was seriously bound to happen- please understand guys, there is literally no legit way to determine inactivity. We're just doing the best we can! PM an officer and you'll be back in a jiffy.
I have to note, you just made a brilliant case for why the way we're doing it so far is just fine :p If people who are kicked accidentally can't be bothered to ask to be let back in, they are below the activity threshold we are looking for in this guild. Seriously- it doesn't matter how casual you are. You're welcome if you play an hour a week or once every two weeks. If you aren't actually active enough to notice or care that you were kicked- then you were meant to be. :p
Dunno when last you checked was, but at the time of the culling we had 5 remaining slots in the guild. The relatively few requests for reinstatement we've received compared to the total number culled indicates that we did pretty good.

Bear in mind, there are two major reasons to do a culling like this:
1) We want EVERY player on the roster to be an active player. Not a "hardcore" player, not a "regular" player, not a player who plays a certain threshold of time or whatever, just an ACTIVE one- someone who's still playing the game!
2) We never, ever want to have to say no to an active player that wants to join. I'm still typically getting one request to join the guild per night.

Yeah, last time I logged in was Sunday and I was still kicked.
Again, our apologies, it was just unavoidable to some degree. Message an officer and you'll be right back in! :)

ReconPeon

I was kicked from the guild I'm assuming because I haven't been on much...

I just wrote a 25 page paper for school, I just haven't had much time to play.

I'm not inactive...

Edit: Nvm, I was reinvited

Rawk Hawk

they have almost the same information as normal members , you can only see players name,map location,profession lv and achievement points( this information does not show if people have not played in a while)

Gotcha, that makes more sense then. That's the impression I was under, but wasn't sure.

Rawk Hawk

Just an accident. It was seriously bound to happen- please understand guys, there is literally no legit way to determine inactivity. We're just doing the best we can! PM an officer and you'll be back in a jiffy.

I'm pretty sure you did this all on purpose because you have issues about your height, I can't prove anything yet, but just know I'm watching you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is another reason we need a broader spectrum (time-wise) of "officers". I play practically every day from 8 am to whenever....rarely ever is there an officer online.
That doesn't sound quite right. I have a /age of over 700 hours.

edit: Wait, 8AM in what timezone? And when's whenever? If you only play in the early morning EST then yeahhhh no way I'd ever see you.

If anyone finds themselves in this situation use in-game mail to an officer and you'll find the invite next time you log in.

I'm pretty sure you did this all on purpose because you have issues about your height, I can't prove anything yet, but just know I'm watching you.
Okay, I take it all back, your hawk vision has seen through my ruse :O
I was kicked from the guild I'm assuming because I haven't been on much...

I just wrote a 25 page paper for school, I just haven't had much time to play.

I'm not inactive...

Edit: Nvm, I was reinvited
Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom