• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder why... I guess it's not longer the number of achievement points but we are cherrypicking people we like. *rollseyes*
I really... hope you aren't being serious.

Beyond revealing that you haven't been paying attention, are you legitimately making the assumption that "cherrypicking people we like" resulted in removing over 250 members?

Please PM an officer to be reinvited if you want to be in the guild.

Atrophis

Yeah this is really not much fun. For those not able to play you aren't really missing anything.

Only managed to hand in 3 samples.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bummer, the stream I'm watching doesn't seem to be lagging much.

Oh well, hopefully having to work saved me some frustration in that case :p

Vossler

Hmmm, wondering what the finale will be like. On a sidenote, was debating about also leveling up thief.....how bad are the nerfs to the class? Any input is welcome.

inky

I really... hope you aren't being serious.

Beyond revealing that you haven't been paying attention, are you legitimately making the assumption that "cherrypicking people we like" resulted in removing over 250 members?

Please PM an officer to be reinvited if you want to be in the guild.

Yeah, maybe I'm just overtly questioning the fact that removing 50% of the guild's members is not a really smart idea and if being active since launch is not enough to not be culled every other week then what is? I have been paying attention, I saw Retro say they were going to do a purge not long ago in this very thread, I have been posting in this thread too if you have been paying attention, I logged in and checked where I was and considered it to be enough.

I think i just assumed you guys were smarter than that. Maybe not.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmmm, wondering what the finale will be like. On a sidenote, was debating about also leveling up thief.....how bad are the nerfs to the class? Any input is welcome.
Really only one nerf. Nothing to really complain about, just a less-spammable skill.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, maybe I'm just overtly questioning the fact that removing 50% of the guild's members is not a really smart idea and if being active since launch is not enough to not be culled every other week then what is? I have been paying attention, I saw Retro say they were going to do a purge not long ago in this very thread, I have been posting in this thread too if you have been paying attention, I logged in and checked where I was and considered it to be enough.

If you were paying attention, you'd have noticed this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44374723&postcount=5201

Aaaaaand this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44410610&postcount=5442

It wasn't personal, and it wasn't meant to bring you down or break you or make you feel like shit. It was likely accidental. A simple whisper will get you back in. Getting butt hurt isn't going to make the fact that you were accidentally removed go away. PM an officer and move past it.

arimanius

OP class is still OP. If you like that style of game play go for it. I don't think they will get the nerf stick anytime soon.

pyrandes

They kicked people who were "unknown" as a status in the guild interface, which unfort may have had quite a few people mislabeled as such due to a server bounce a few days ago. If they werent on at all during the week this week, then they were kicked.

Its unfortunate, but it seemed fair to me, and it has been known for the past 3 weeks they were going to do this.

edit> also what nicoga said.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Right.
1. "Every other week" is a ludicrous statement, there have been a total of two cullings.
2. You have not been paying attention, it is incredibly obvious that you have not read what Retro has said. Various relevant posts can be found one page back.
3. The methods for determining inactivity are not perfect and we have to do the best we can. If you had an "unknown" status or were not on SBI at the time of the culling you were kicked. This was long announced. There was no more effective way to do it.
4. It has been made clear that there were almost guaranteed to be accidental kicks and anyone who wanted to would simply and easily be granted reentry, and that it was not personal.
5. Do you have any actual desire to be in the guild? If so, you are welcome.

I must note that the last sentence of your post is pretty much right on the borderline of violating what is essentially the only rule we maintain. I am certain that some of the other officers would describe it as over that line. Please rethink your approach.

inky

If you were paying attention, you'd have noticed this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44374723&postcount=5201

Aaaaaand this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44410610&postcount=5442

It wasn't personal, and it wasn't meant to bring you down or break you or make you feel like shit. It was likely accidental. A simple whisper will get you back in. Getting butt hurt isn't going to make the fact that you were accidentally removed go away. PM an officer and move past it.

Yea, sorry for not checking this thread every 20 minutes. My bad.

I skip 2 days of posts and I am suddenly expected to know all this. You know, maybe it was for the best.

They kicked people who were "unknown" as a status in the guild interface, which unfort may have had quite a few people mislabeled as such due to a server bounce a few days ago. If they werent on at all during the week this week, then they were kicked.

I checked, and I was on during this week too. Whatever, not going to argue anymore.

I must note that the last sentence of your post is pretty much right on the borderline of violating what is essentially the only rule we maintain. I am certain that some of the other officers would describe it as over that line. Please rethink your approach.

LOL, OK. Sorry if you felt insulted, can't think how you go through life if that seems over the line for you.

Atrophis

Haha yup they goofed up. They sent out three mails at once mentioning different parts of the event when they should have only sent out one. Spoiled the surprise.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I skip 2 days of posts and I am suddenly expected to know all this. You know, maybe it was for the best.

Passive aggression is by far the best way to approach this. Don't take it personally.

E: Removed. On second thought, maybe not.

Rawk Hawk

I checked, and I was on during this week too. Whatever, not going to argue anymore.

LOL, OK. Sorry if you felt insulted, can't think how you go through life if that seems over the line for you.

Is 2 days a typo? THIS was posted 12 days ago...

Slightly disappointed with it all.

Laggy.
Mails sent out spoiling the event ending.
Then it's just a money sink/time sink hand-in for tokens to buy rewards after that.

Ferny

If you want in the guild then the invite will be there, if not then just let it go and move on. There was plenty of notice with this on both GAF and the guild site. The first one was a short on notice for sure but not this one. We also can't monitor thread activity as guild activity. Ashodin stated if you knew you would be away from the game for a while, just PM one of us and let us know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Inky... what you were supposed to do is go to www.gafguild.com. If you just go to www.gafguild.com, the first thing you will see regard this culling. This will always be the case with any guild announcements ever, exactly because we don't want people to have to crawl through this thread.

People are mentioning those posts because you specifically said you had been paying attention to this thread.
Again, while for the vast majority this method seems to have worked, there was no way it was going to be perfect.

Of course I felt insulted, silly. This:
Is an insult. However, if you... actually read what I wrote, I clearly said that it wasn't over the line (though I am quite sure there are some officers who would have a lower tolerance threshold than I do).

Deitus

So, I'm probably not going to have a whole lot of time to play over the next few days. I'll try to make time to do the Sunday event, but even that is not a guarantee. I've already made peace with the fact that I won't be able to get any of the new skins (even though some of them look awesome).

So if I can manage to get some playtime this weekend, what should I focus on as far as time limited events? Are there any specific times I should try to get on for (besides the Sunday event)? Are there any time limited achievements, or anything that I can earn that doesn't require spending gems or getting a super lucky drop that I won't be able to earn after Sunday? I just want to try and get something out of this whole event with the limited time I will have.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doh, the stream just showed the monthly and it requires Fractals.
Dat's been visible since last night!
So, I'm probably not going to have a whole lot of time to play over the next few days. I'll try to make time to do the Sunday event, but even that is not a guarantee. I've already made peace with the fact that I won't be able to get any of the new skins (even though some of them look awesome).

So if I can manage to get some playtime this weekend, what should I focus on as far as time limited events? Are there any specific times I should try to get on for (besides the Sunday event)? Are there any time limited achievements, or anything that I can earn that doesn't require spending gems or getting a super lucky drop that I won't be able to earn after Sunday? I just want to try and get something out of this whole event with the limited time I will have.
Eeh, basically all of the significant stuff is permanent. I wouldn't worry about it.

Holy shit, is it this big of a deal to be kicked for a day?

I was kicked too (and had been on the night before), but I just whispered and posted in the thread and was re-invited in no time.

Do you lose out on something by being kicked accidentally? (Seriously, I'm curious.)

inky

Is 2 days a typo? THIS was posted 12 days ago...

I'ts not a typo. Those 2 posts are from yesterday/today, which I hadn't read. I knew there was a purge coming, I've known for a while. I also made sure I was active to prevent it, it didn't happen. Maybe then you guys are doing something wrong?

So yea, what I'm saying is maybe booting 50%+ of the guild each time is not a smart approach, but all I'm hearing is I'm required to be even more active, check 2 forums daily and even then still it's not enough.

Do you lose out on something by being kicked accidentally? (Seriously, I'm curious.)

Nah, I just like to argue with randoms, but if you are not dramatic enough, people don't care/pay attention.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
all I'm hearing is I'm required to be even more active.
Hahaha.... what. Who said that even once?

All you should be hearing is: if you want to be in the guild PM an officer. In every other case in which this has happened so far (I think we're up to a staggering seven out of 250+), the kicked member has also been hearing an apology. ;)

By the way, in order to improve future cullings (shouldn't happen for quite some time now, by the way!) what's your better approach?

Giard

The lag was awful for that event.

And holy shit at the Captain's Council Commendation prices. Way too high.

I'ts not a typo. Those 2 posts are from yesterday/today, which I hadn't read. I knew there was a purge coming, I've known for a while. I also made sure I was active to prevent it, it didn't happen. Maybe then you guys are doing something wrong?

So yea, what I'm saying is maybe booting 50%+ of the guild each time is not a smart approach, but all I'm hearing is I'm required to be even more active, check 2 forums daily and even then still it's not enough.

When I got kicked out of the guild, it was because I wasn't playing on the same server. Maybe that's your case?

Wallach

There's no great way to check for activity in-game because the guild info panel sucks. It's not a problem because if anyone incorrectly gets removed that is active will just whisper/mail someone and get back in.

inky

When I got kicked out of the guild, it was because I wasn't playing on the same server. Maybe that's your case?

I'm still in Stomrbluff Isle last I checked.

By the way, in order to improve future cullings (shouldn't happen for quite some time now, by the way!) what's your better approach?

Smaller cullings, with in game mail notice and some time to reply. Do you really needed 250+ spaces so desperately?

You wouldn't think so, would you? :p

Hahahhaha, I know right. So funny.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Nah, I just like to argue with randoms, but if you are not dramatic enough, people don't care/pay attention.

Damn inky, you're getting as bad as markot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
User CP -> edit ignore list -> Ctrl+V inky -> enter

Problem solved.

I don't ignore posters. But you really are bringing some very sour notes to the table. It's unfortunate, too - we're quite a solid group of folks in the guild. Hopefully whomever you PM to get back in takes into account your general attitude before bringing you back.

inky

I've been nothing but civil and helpful in game, and I think I'm bringing up some points that you may not like, but I don't consider them invalid.

If you want me out of this thread or for me to stop shitting up your 'solid group' just say so, and if you don't want to ignore my posts then I can't help you. I'm sorry I can't write posts that amuse you more.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm not even in the guild, and I don't think their methods are unreasonable. Just PM an officer back, it really doesn't seem like as much of a deal as you make it out to be.

Wallach

I'm not even in the guild, and I don't think their methods are unreasonable. Just PM an officer back, it really doesn't seem like as much of a deal as you make it out to be.

It's not even an issue. There's no sense in hand-mailing almost 500 users, building a spreadsheet, then recording and cross-referencing the (500-inactive) responses when doing that will inevitably still result in a small number of incorrect removals.

Ashodin

I don't care if you are making points about what should be done "differently" or whatever the hell you think is how it should be done.

It takes literally two seconds to get back into the guild, and you're acting like a spoiled brat about this entire thing, on a day when we should be having fun with an event going on.

If you're going to be this way, I'm not so sure you should be put back into the guild in the first place. None of this was personal, but it was essential to the guild to do to make room for

A) people who actually want to play who can't get in
B) EU GAF if they want to come over
C) it literally takes two seconds to get you back in.

Stop being such a whiny baby.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been nothing but civil and helpful in game, and I think I'm bringing up some points that you may not like, but I don't consider them invalid.

If you want me out of this thread or for me to stop shitting up your 'solid group' just say so, and if you don't want to ignore my posts then I can't help you. I'm sorry I can't write posts that amuse you more.

The problem is that you're NOT bringing up valid points - it was already stated that removing you from guild was accidental. Someone suggested that PM'ing an officer is ALL YOU NEED to do to get back in, but you opted to insult them instead.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

Really, is all this necessary? When it's so easy to just whisper an officer to get back in? I don't get it, man.

If anyone's in the wrong here, it's the guy pitching a fit about something that is, by all accounts and measures, a very, VERY minor inconvenience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't care if you are making points about what should be done "differently" or whatever the hell you think is how it should be done.

It takes literally two seconds to get back into the guild, and you're acting like a spoiled brat about this entire thing, on a day when we should be having fun with an event going on.

If you're going to be this way, I'm not so sure you should be put back into the guild in the first place. None of this was personal, but it was essential to the guild to do to make room for

A) people who actually want to play who can't get in
B) EU GAF if they want to come over
C) it literally takes two seconds to get you back in.

Stop being such a whiny baby.
^note the lower tolerance threshold

inky

The problem is that you're NOT bringing up valid points - it was already stated that removing you from guild was accidental. Someone suggested that PM'ing an officer is ALL YOU NEED to do to get back in, but you opted to insult them instead.

I don't think this ever happened, but whatever.

Look guys, I'm sorry about this whole thing OK, I think my initial faux drama became real drama after all, just move on.

jersoc

was hoping the island would be open today. oh well. tomorrow it is then.

hopefully they are more prepared tomorrow and sunday with the lag issue. it seemed to slightly improve towards the end of the event on SBI. So I guess there's some hope. It would have been more fun if I could actually attack more than 1 every 3-5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom