• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

I don't think this ever happened, but whatever.

Look guys, I'm sorry about this whole thing OK, I think my initial faux drama became real drama after all, just move on.
It's cool, I think it just escalated quicker than it should have. If you want in the guild, just say the word and you'll have an invite.

Tess3ract

Banned
I've been nothing but civil and helpful in game, and I think I'm bringing up some points that you may not like, but I don't consider them invalid.

If you want me out of this thread or for me to stop shitting up your 'solid group' just say so, and if you don't want to ignore my posts then I can't help you. I'm sorry I can't write posts that amuse you more.
But you are being neither here.

Seda and and Nickiepoo I don't know what I did to offend you but let me know next time instead of being a pack of assholes and leave me hanging for ten minutes passing up other groups then ditch me.

Retro

Fuck, got kicked from the guild. Ah well, probably not going to be super active for a while anyway. Job + too many other games to play.

Whisper Ferny, Ashodin Venteal, Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif, or Wallach for an invite back in.

But you are being neither here.

I think all parties involved with this discussion have moved on, let's leave it at that.

usea

My guardian is almost 72, yay. What do I need to do for the fractal things? Where is the start point? That guide somebody posted earlier was helpful. Note I'll probably wait until I'm 80 to try.

User CP -> edit ignore list -> Ctrl+V inky -> enter

Problem solved.
OT, but there's a direct link to add somebody to your ignore list on their profile page. So it'd be more like "Click on your name -> View public profile > Add inky to Your Ignore List -> Yes" not that I have done that or anything. Just for future reference, so adding people is easier.

Verve

extremely disappointed with the event (gandara).
horrible lag at the start phase. not-so-horrible but still very bad lag everytime any karka show up (and of course lots of players, but that can't count as excuse). bugged npc in the sea in kessex hills. bugged guy in the house in kessex hills. can't be bothered to continue that.
i'll just wait until the new maps are accessible.

Dries

So this whole event thingie is nice and dandy and all, but the whole event is kind of unclear concerning the course of the quest. It started kind of random with that part on the beach and now I'm just running from place to place looking for people.. It feels really random and disjointed. It doesn't feel like three separate stages at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this whole event thingie is nice and dandy and all, but the whole event is kind of unclear concerning the course of the quest. It started kind of random with that part on the beach and now I'm just running from place to place looking for people.. It feels really random and disjointed. It doesn't feel like three separate stages at all.
The three seperate stages are today (completed), tomorrow, and sunday. They sent out the mail for all three by accident.

edit: please correct me if he's referring to something else

damn family time!! be back on for like ever in a couple hours

Lulubop

Ran 2 areas of the fractal with an amazingly solid group of gafers. I really enjoy the dungeon and the loot was good as well. I had to run to class, but I'll be online all night.

Dries

The three seperate stages are today (completed), tomorrow, and sunday. They sent out the mail for all three by accident.

edit: please correct me if he's referring to something else

damn family time!! be back on for like ever in a couple hours

I haven't completed todays stage though. Can I still complete it tomorrow?

Guess I can stop standing around at these stuck events and finally make some dinner. Hopefully they will get fixed up soon.

If anyone still needs some extra trial keys for themselves or others, I still have mine, just let me know and I will send some out.

Proven

I haven't completed todays stage though. Can I still complete it tomorrow?
The stages are the one time events. Missing them doesn't really bar you from much, since what you would miss from them you can usually garner from the aftermath quests (I'm assuming).

The investigation I'm assuming is analogous to the Mad Memories scavenger hunt during Halloween, meaning that you'll have more time. Especially since its bugged.

Complistic

Well I must say the fractals are some of the most fun I've had in a game in quite a while. Finally some excellent dungeon design. Plus the drops really do get better as you try the harder ones.

Can someone invite me back to the guild? I think I was kicked for being on a different home server. I have been trying to switch to Stormbluff Isle, but it was always full until today. For some reason all the servers are at high today so I switched. Unless I was kicked for another reason?

etiolate

Banned
The fractal dungeon and the new loot tables and rewards are great. It's a shame about most everything else. The event was nigh unplayable from lag and the new scavenger hunt would break down and wasn't nearly as clear about where to go as the Halloween one.

Retro

The fractal dungeon and the new loot tables and rewards are great. It's a shame about most everything else. The event was nigh unplayable from lag and the new scavenger hunt would break down and wasn't nearly as clear about where to go as the Halloween one.

The Scavenger hunt was broken, it accidentally sent out directions for the next three days all at once.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can someone invite me back to the guild? I think I was kicked for being on a different home server. I have been trying to switch to Stormbluff Isle, but it was always full until today. For some reason all the servers are at high today so I switched. Unless I was kicked for another reason?
I'm sure that was it- just PM an officer :) Hawkian The Blade is on now
The Scavenger hunt was broken, it accidentally sent out directions for the next three days all at once.
Anybody know what actually has to/can be done tonight?

BrettWeir

This whole fractal dungeon thing is why I hate dungeons in today's MMO's. Tried to get a group for over an hour (yes, in guild), finally said screw it and went back to leveling an alt. What a waste of time.

You didn't miss anything if you missed the "event" due to extreme lag.

Yes, I sound negative...and I am admittedly so regarding this update. Maybe some of my negativity will change once we can access the island, but for the most part, this patch sucks imo.

SmokinDan

Tried three fractals and both were incredibly unfun.

One was in a swamp with traps everywhere which would slow or knock your down, one was some kind of siege where you get spammed with siege weapons and die in five seconds and the last we all turned into dolphins and got killed in three hits by krait.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Good fractal runs with Warrior/2xGuardian/Mesmer/Engineer.

The Dredge Powersuit was a real bitch of a fight, but we got through 3 fractals and had a decent enough time. As above, I thought the marsh was a bit of a clusterfuck and was definitely the worst.

Retro

This whole fractal dungeon thing is why I hate dungeons in today's MMO's. Tried to get a group for over an hour (yes, in guild), finally said screw it and went back to leveling an alt. What a waste of time.

You didn't miss anything if you missed the "event" due to extreme lag.

Yes, I sound negative...and I am admittedly so regarding this update. Maybe some of my negativity will change once we can access the island, but for the most part, this patch sucks imo.

Everyone is pairing off into groups. Hell, we were looking for a fifth for about 20 minutes too. You just need to keep asking or offering.

The event was pretty laggy though, I will definitely give you that. I hope in the future they spread the events out a bit so people don't cluster up in one city.

Island starts tomorrow, and that's a new zone. That will help free up some of the lag in LA.

But dude. This dungeon... this damn dungeon... it's so worth the wait.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol. Got into full fractal groups in less than 30 seconds, twice. :p Dunno what's going on that you guys are having that much trouble.

Time travel, dolphins, frostbite, new items and rares around every corner. They may as well have called the Fractal dungeons Hawkian Mode. I can't get enough of this shit.

Complistic

Tried three fractals and both were incredibly unfun.

One was in a swamp with traps everywhere which would slow or knock your down, one was some kind of siege where you get spammed with siege weapons and die in five seconds and the last we all turned into dolphins and got killed in three hits by krait.

I haven't played the third one, but the other 2 require a bit of team work, I had the most fun I've had in any game in a while in the fractals.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't played the third one, but the other 2 require a bit of team work, I had the most fun I've had in any game in a while in the fractals.
There are NINE.

edit: I know you know this, just clarifying for anyone misinterpreting your response

Koeta

anyone have the new dungeon where you had a Hammer you needed to break seals....and fell with the hammer. lol we can't find the hammer now...>.<

Retro

Opinion so far:

Swamp / Jungle:
You need to be coordinated to get the wisps into their trees. The Mossman who appears and disappears is great too, keeps you on edge and is a neat little gimmick. Boss was cake. Visually, a very interesting place.

Aquatic Ruins:
Done it twice. Once was the darkness path that seemed incredibly tedious, but we tried to rush it and didn't really figure out what was going on until it was too late. Luckily, one of us made it and got us to the next checkpoint.

Second time, we took the Dolphin route and that was a blast. Very satisfying, though very easy to get killed. A lot of us finished the Cycle missing some armor, so it might be a good idea to strip that off before you attempt this part.

Overall, quite easy. Feels like a breather between some of the others.

Volcanic Fractal:
Has some nice, light jumping elements, the bosses were fun. Very Indiana Jones-ish.

Underground Dredge Facility:
VERY fun, reminds me of Phantasy Star Online's challenge mode (people splitting up to provide a path for the rest of the group to advance). Unfortunately, our fifth didn't have mumble and disconnected during the boss, so trying to get the strategy to work just didn't mesh and we ended up bailing. Still a BLAST though.

Snowblind:
Very cool; the rushing between bonfires is neat, the elemental boss was challenging but fun, the dash through the darkened forest was very cool looking, the last boss was pretty by-the-books though. Not bad at all though.

Urban Battleground:
Insanely hard, even on level 1. I dunno if we were just missing something or what, but we were getting torn apart by siege and constant spawning vets, and getting near the door is rough. Once you clear that first gate though, it's not bad and actually pretty fun. I think we missed something on that first part though, once that part is down it will be a blast.

Haven't done any others. But damn, these are GREAT, and nice and short too. Can see this being my favorite MMO feature ever.

Nickiepoo

Seda and and Nickiepoo I don't know what I did to offend you but let me know next time instead of being a pack of assholes and leave me hanging for ten minutes passing up other groups then ditch me.

Wait, wut?

Who were you in game? When was this? I assume you were talking about the fractals but was this after someone DCed and we exited or what? Becuase I didn't ditch anyone deliberately.

Was it after the first run when Llyranor came in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom