• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

I believe there are a bunch of archers you need to kill to make the assault on the gate in urban battlefield easier. They're straight out from the gate. Easy to miss unless you look behind you.

KingKong

I just played a round and man, the fractals are awesome. I got 2 rare drops (1 from a chest and 1 from a random drop), someone got an exotic and a few people got stuff like "bag of gold" (which had 3 silver in it lol) and high level crafting items

Does anyone know how many fractals there are?

Out of the ones I played, the big colossus was really cool, the charr battle was OK and the asura cube robot thing was pretty good

edit: also yeah, the battleground part was stupid hard for us too, but once we got the gate open, it was a cakewalk

Proven

Fractals are cool. There, I said it. Now I expect all zero of you to contradict me.

In other news, for some reason WvW reset over an hour late.

etiolate

Banned
I got totally lost as a dolphin. Cade, Ivagor (i spelled that wrong I'm sure),Hiyaraaaa.. fuck I can't spell any of your names. Anyways, our group did 6 fractals and the big boss. I got totally lost as a dolphin.My favs were the Asuran one, the grawl one, and the Charr one even though I am not sure what you do in the first stage of that one. I think I just like the Charr one for it being from GW1. The dredge one was kind of cool as well.

Also like to thank my group + Courtesan for helping me lure people to their death in Lion's Arch before the event began. I think I killed more players from portals of death than I got credit for Karka kills in my monthly achievement.

Wait, wut?

Who were you in game? When was this? I assume you were talking about the fractals but was this after someone DCed and we exited or what? Becuase I didn't ditch anyone deliberately.

Was it after the first run when Llyranor came in?

I was on my mes, Catrah. Some bug was stopping me from entering your copy of the instance after you guys picked me up to replace someone who left. "No worries we'll just finish this wave".

10 minutes later the boss goes down and I still can't get in. But it doesn't matter because you all had things to do and left group and then went straight back into the instance without so much as a how do you do. I was left high and dry unable to find a group or pull one together.

I ended up just logging off. It seriously left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Colossus fractal is my favorite

new mechanics, teamwork, awesome scenario, impressive atmosphere, giant ass colossus.

Levyne

Banned
Thanks to all the people that I teamed up with in fractals tonight. I would list names but it was like 20 of you.

Got lots of rares, couple lodestones, 100+ relic thingers and a pink-text mist chunk thing. Maybe I'll go make a quiver :)

Levyne

Banned
Im thinking of trying 250 pow bloods in that quiver recipe. Supposedly if you use crystals instead of philospher's stones you get book backs-pieces.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
more rares than blues in my inventory right now
Hi everyone,

We have now identified and applied fixes for the reported bugs related to the Lost Shores phase 1. This includes events for the NPCs Canach and Fahd al’Eshadhi, but not for Noll who is still bugged. We’ve also fixed the bugs of Miyani sending multiple emails, Blingg’s voice over being spammed, the Largos dynamic events and a few other bugs.

We’ve identified the fix for Noll’s event but this fix will require additional time to implement. Because of this we’re going to leave the Phase 1 dynamic events (investigation of the Karka attacks) open even after Phase 2 starts (Saturday November 17 at 12pm Pacific Time), which will allow us to push a fix for Noll’s dynamic event later so that players can complete phase 1 of The Lost Shores event.

This change in the organization of the event means that:

To complete Phase 1, you have to complete the dynamic event chain leading to Noll before Saturday November 17 at 12pm Pacific Time; you will be able to complete the dynamic events after Noll once we’ve pushed the fix; you can refer to the "wiki article about Phase ":http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Lost_Shores/Phase_1> for more information;
Some NPCs (primarily Canach and Inspector Ellen Kiel) will be duplicated for phases 2 and 3, and may appear simultaneously in Lion’s Arch and in Southsun Cove.

We’re very sorry about this and hope that you can continue to experience The Lost Shores and help us retake Lion’s Arch and repel the Karkas!
cawwww

gotta sleep :D

who knows about the karkas?

jbep7JJt0nzQdC.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Colossus fractal is my favorite

new mechanics, teamwork, awesome scenario, impressive atmosphere, giant ass colossus.

This is a cool one.

I'm partial to Jade Maw and the Factory. The first part of the Factory is SO hectic yet refined, and the final boss is a really neat exercise in coordination. Jade Maw is just fun.

I'll be ready to run some level 3 stuff tomorrow after I knock out the event monthly.

jersoc

ok, tips for swamp? I felt like we were missing something in there. It seems all too random with branches blocking off paths. we always had 1 person that got stuck behind that which pretty means you won't get it. there's like no time to waste for the furthest wisp.

i dunno, that shit was more not fun than fun. it started off awesome with the blizzard and went down hill quick when we got that shit.

i dunno, maybe let us pass the wisp or something here.

Our group couldnt do the one with the Dredge. The last Legendary Drege thingy. You need to kite him under special black areas and have a player pour burning lava from an above furnace, down on him.

we couldnt do it. someone kept doing knockdowns to him or something. nobody knew who or what. we had to wipe.

ive played for over 2 hours in there now, and not a single rare, despite heavy MF find and gear and stuff.

Wallach

I got totally lost as a dolphin. Cade, Ivagor (i spelled that wrong I'm sure),Hiyaraaaa.. fuck I can't spell any of your names. Anyways, our group did 6 fractals and the big boss. I got totally lost as a dolphin.My favs were the Asuran one, the grawl one, and the Charr one even though I am not sure what you do in the first stage of that one. I think I just like the Charr one for it being from GW1. The dredge one was kind of cool as well.

Also like to thank my group + Courtesan for helping me lure people to their death in Lion's Arch before the event began. I think I killed more players from portals of death than I got credit for Karka kills in my monthly achievement.

Edit - Nevermind I read what you wrote entirely wrong! Being a dolphin is tricky, but be glad you did not get the... other path. The dark path.

BUILD WARS messed up my party's Jade Maw fight. I HOPE THAT 20 MB PATCH WAS WORTH IT ANET.

You should get 3 hours to complete an instance before being forced out, no? Did it only give you the 3 minute warning?

Forkball

You should get 3 hours to complete an instance before being forced out, no? Did it only give you the 3 minute warning?

There's apparently a special fight after you clear six rounds Fractals (or after level 2, not sure). We were on the second round when it popped up. We could have probably did it if we knew what to do earlier. I'll post more about Fractals in a bit.

Wallach

There's apparently a special fight after you clear six rounds Fractals (or after level 2, not sure). We were on the second round when it popped up. We could have probably did it if we knew what to do earlier. I'll post more about Fractals in a bit.

Yeah, Jade Maw is one of the special "boss" fractals that you get to fight before every odd difficulty you reach (so every 6 normal fractals). You shouldn't have been booted out for the new build though, if you are in an instance when a patch goes out you should still be able to stay and clear your instance for 3 hours.

Nickiepoo

I was on my mes, Catrah. Some bug was stopping me from entering your copy of the instance after you guys picked me up to replace someone who left. "No worries we'll just finish this wave".

10 minutes later the boss goes down and I still can't get in. But it doesn't matter because you all had things to do and left group and then went straight back into the instance without so much as a how do you do. I was left high and dry unable to find a group or pull one together.

I ended up just logging off. It seriously left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Bah, sorry, I actually left that group and reformed a new one with a buddy of mine who'd just come in. Thought I'd made that clear in the chat.

Sorry you got left out but it was nothing deliberate and partly due to a lack of understanding of how the fractals worked. No need to come into the thread and outright call me an asshole.

Boogdud

/devil's advocate

So the infusion slot actually has legitimate stats on it aside from the agony resistance. Gear creep confirmed! And that's only the first edition, Lordy...

sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Cool that they're finally starting to add some back items with actual models.

Proven

I did some over the napkin math after reading a few posts on Reddit.

With your base stats included, the power increase from Full Exotics to Full Infusions is about 5%.

Still needs to be double checked, but until then, enjoy your minuscule power creep!

Retro

Any confirmation on quiver recipes?

GW2DB lists 9 items; all Ascended except for two; one white and one that appears to just be an unfinished item judging by the icon. No recipes officially yet, but in the comments for one of them someone asked for confirmation on the following; 250 Powerful Blood, 50 Glob of Ectoplasm, 240 Philosopher's Stone, 1 Vial of Mists Essence. I wouldn't rush out to buy any of that until we get more confirmation. Likely somebody trying to drive up the price of Powerful Blood or Ectos.

Vossler

GW2DB lists 9 items; all Ascended except for two; one white and one that appears to just be an unfinished item judging by the icon. No recipes officially yet, but in the comments for one of them someone asked for confirmation on the following; 250 Powerful Blood, 50 Glob of Ectoplasm, 240 Philosopher's Stone, 1 Vial of Mists Essence. I wouldn't rush out to buy any of that until we get more confirmation. Likely somebody trying to drive up the price of Powerful Blood or Ectos.

I did see that on Reddit, but wasn't sure about the recipe.....vicious claws have jumped in price, gonna wait that out for more farming and hope it drops....just wanted to know if anyone here had come across something solid yet. Thanks for the info though!

Retro

I did see that on Reddit, but wasn't sure about the recipe.....vicious claws have jumped in price, gonna wait that out for more farming and hope it drops....just wanted to know if anyone here had come across something solid yet. Thanks for the info though!

I'm hoping they implement more back items just for the sake of vanity. The books are neat, but I want more backpacks, quivers and, someday I hope, capes.

Vossler

I'm hoping they implement more back items just for the sake of vanity. The books are neat, but I want more backpacks, quivers and, someday I hope, capes.

Agreed, capes were awesome in 1. Going to jump on here in a bit and join in on some more Fractals!

On an unrelated note....NO LONGER IS I A JUNIOR!!!!! HUZAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

These Fractal dungeons sound like fun especially since they're shorter than regular ones...

2 rudimentary questions, as a low level:

- Where and how can i enter the fractal dungeons exactly?

- About how long does one PART of such a dungeon take to complete? (assuming you don't have to complete them all in a row to get something)

Retro

Agreed, capes were awesome in 1. Going to jump on here in a bit and join in on some more Fractals!

Jira and I are both in the same boat; LotRO had the best capes, and if GW2 could meet or exceed their quality we'd both be happy campers.

And gratz on Member status.

- Where and how can i enter the fractal dungeons exactly?

- About how long does one PART of such a dungeon take to complete? (assuming you don't have to complete them all in a row to get something)

1. Lion's Arch, teleport to the Claw Island Portage waypoint and head east towards a little shack over the water. Should be lots of people there.

2. It depends on which Fractal you get, as some feel faster/easier (the Underwater one) than others (Urban Battleground). I would guess that a solid group that knows what it's doing could do a complete cycle in under 45 minutes, maybe 10-15 minutes a fractal give or take. A amazing group could probably hammer a whole cycle out in 30 minutes, give or take. The problem with that is that it keeps getting harder, so that will slow them down a bit more.

I would set aside about an hour to start though, and don't be shocked if it goes over.

Any confirmation on quiver recipes?

I myself made a quiver earlier today with 250 Vicious Fangs, 50 ectos, 240 philospher's stones, and 1 vial of condensed essence. Made soldier's stats (power/vit/toughness stats with an offensive infusion slot)

Vicious claws and ancient bones also work, providing alternative stats.

Jira and I are both in the same boat; LotRO had the best capes, and if GW2 could meet or exceed their quality we'd both be happy campers.

And gratz on Member status.

1. Lion's Arch, teleport to the Claw Island Portage waypoint and head east towards a little shack over the water. Should be lots of people there.

2. It depends on which Fractal you get, as some feel faster/easier (the Underwater one) than others (Urban Battleground). I would guess that a solid group that knows what it's doing could do a complete cycle in under 45 minutes, maybe 10-15 minutes a fractal give or take.

I would set aside about an hour to start though, and don't be shocked if it goes over.

Thanks a bunch, found it! I noticed it prompts me to enter a difficulty level, i assume i will unlock them later as we finish the different fractals then... Right now with my character being level 33 only i guess level 1 i just fine lol :(

Levyne

Banned
so, what were the mats to make that thing?

This may not be 100% accurate but this is what I think has been established:

250 T6 fine mats that determine the stats
50 Ecto
240 Phil. Stones (Quiver) OR 40(?) Crystals (Book)
1 of the Vial of Mist Essence drops from Fractals.

Forkball

The Fractals are a lot of fun and a huge improvement over the other dungeons. The objectives are interesting, the combat is fair yet challenging, and the loot is solid. Having the dungeon "level up" also gives replay value and doesn't make it seem like you are just running them to save up tokens. Each run will be different and you will feel like you've progressed. Here are some tips and opinions on the ones I've been in.

Battlefield: A lot of people are complaining about this but it is quite easy. Run straight for the gate to the right, and kill the siegemaster. The ballistas will keep spawning, so just focus on her. Even if you all die, if you manage to kill her, she won't respawn. Really the gate part is the hardest, from then it's fairly straight forward. Great setting.

Colossus: I really liked this one. It had quirky traps, a unique objective, and a really cool payoff. Keep in mind that the hammer is cursed and can harm you. If you lose your hammer, you can always wipe and it will spawn again. It may respawn on altars. Keep in mind for the last seal, the boss has the hammer so you don't need to bring one up. It also has one of my favorite enemy names: "Veteran Novice"

Swamp: Maybe I got lucky, but once we were in position (one person at each wisp, with two people defending), it took maybe less than 10 seconds to finish it. You can jump through the roadblocks. Some people said you couldn't, but maybe there was something special that happened, but honestly in the group I was in it barely took any time at all to do it. After the wisp thing there's only one boss fight so this ends really quickly.

Mining facility: This took forever for my group. I think the button part is confusing, no one really knew what buttons open what. For the area with a ton of Dredge, you can just send someone to go bomb the wall to activate the checkpoint. If you wipe, the dredge army won't spawn on the pathway to the tank room. In the tank room, kite Rabonovich out to get rid of him, then you can easily take care of the other dredge. The ice boss fight was pretty exciting once you knew what to do. Basically, you have to activate switches that pour lava on the ice guy (he has to be standing on these black spots so lava can hit him). You have to do this several times, maybe ten or so before he dies. His health bar should be around halfway or higher and then he will instadie. One person can completely stay on the platforms and pour the lava, you don't even have to get down from there.

Crazy Asura place: This was so goofy but a lot of fun too. Not really anything to discuss in terms of strategy, it's pretty easy. The hit detection on the Guitar Hero thing was laughably bad. Everything else was great.
CHAMPION RABBIT

Blizzard: This dungeon had a great atmosphere, but it took us a while to figure out how to beat the boss (light the bonfires next to him, they can be a bit hard to see).

I really wish they would let us use repairs after every round instead of every wave. At the end of the second wave almost all my armor was broken and I felt useless to the team.

Retro

Thanks a bunch, found it! I noticed it prompts me to enter a difficulty level, i assume i will unlock them later as we finish the different fractals then... Right now with my character being level 33 only i guess level 1 i just fine lol :(

The higher difficulty levels are unlocked as you advance through additional cycles. You can manually adjust the difficulty level, or if you have a player with a lower difficulty level than everyone else, it automatically adjusts to their level (so a bunch of guys at 8 can't drag a 2 along to a level 8 cycle, for example).

And yes, it scales you up, even from Character Level 1. I wouldn't go in there without all 3 utilities and a respectable selection of traits though.

So my card broke a week ago, and still haven't received the new one.
Now I'm missing the damn events. :(

Anyway, is there a one time quest reward, like the Mad Memoire thing ?

So my card broke a week ago, and still haven't received the new one.
Now I'm missing the damn events. :(

Anyway, is there a one time quest reward, like the Mad Memoire thing ?

The end event on sunday will reward you with a couple of exotics (according to kristen). Otherwise, not much involved.

After doing the first stage and fighting Karka lag fest in LA I haven't gone back to LA to do anything, I am leveling a Thief hit 57 last night, class is a lot of fun...

KuroNeeko

Here's the Powerful Blood variant. Had to dig deep into my precursor savings for this one.

Gnw5r.jpg

pyMph.jpg

Looks nice! What class are you?

By the way, thanks for the runs tonight!

We hit three fractals (awesome) and did Ghost Eater AsCat. War is a fricken dungeon encyclopedia.

Still need to do a dungeon with my Engineer so I can decide which character (Mesmer, Necro, Engineer) I want to main. :p

Also, just curious but have they added the "scavenger hunts" for the precursors yet or is that coming in a later patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom