• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

I saw 2 guild fractal groups struggling to find people for like 30 minutes today, at different levels, at the same time. You guys realize you can do levels below the one you've gotten to, right? I mean, the groups could have cooperated and done the lower level one in the time they spent looking for more people.

I was kicked again. =|

Footpants is my name. It might be because I'm on a different server?
That's not why, they just kicked a ton of people. Even ones who log on every day. Msg an officer and they'll reinvite you.

Proven

Southsun Cove is tuned to 80s, when the event ends it will stop sidekicking you up.
I know that. I'm just wondering if the difficulty I had in BWE1 was because the entire game used to be tuned to level 80s, even the areas that downscaled them.

Giard

Yeah, that's probably a good reason. Whisper Professor Retro or any of the other officers to get back in.

Out of curiosity, why are you on a different server?

Not answering for him, but in my case, I'm playing on a different server because that's where my friends are and there's a lot of French speaking people there.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Uggggh it's going to take a year to get Twilight.

On another note, Vicious claws and fangs have exploded in price on the TP. Good time to sell!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Y'know with all these people getting kicked in the Guild War 2 guild because of size restrictions. Does arena.net have a official stance on it? do they have any plans to increase the cap? seems weird because I don't remember WoW having a member limit in it's guilds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my wallpaper
il4Ezb9MzqgBD.png

Rokam

Y'know with all these people getting kicked in the Guild War 2 guild because of size restrictions. Does arena.net have a official stance on it? do they have any plans to increase the cap? seems weird because I don't remember WoW having a member limit in it's guilds.

Scratch that, they actually reduced the guild size in WoW capped it at 1000 back in Cata.

Won

Yeah, WoW didn't have a limit till they introduced the guild perks. They wanted to cap it at 500 or 600 or something at first, but there was a big outrage and they settled for 1000 in the end.
I guess Arena.net missed that happening.

nataku

Yeah, WoW didn't have a limit till they introduced the guild perks. They wanted to cap it at 500 or 600 or something at first, but there was a big outrage and they settled for 1000 in the end.
I guess Arena.net missed that happening.

Well, there is a massive performance hit when you have 500 guild members right now and open the guild list. When the guild was full before just opening the list cut your FPS in half. With the culling it eventually got to a point where opening the list was fine, but scrolling the member list still cut the FPS. With the latest cullling it's fine though, as far as I can tell.

IIRC they had a 1000 member limit in at some point, maybe it was during a BWE. I'm guessing the limit is in place because of that. I'd hate to see the performance impact of a 1000 member guild.

Whut?

First, "Guardians have Ranged weapons" is not a vague suggestion or PR-speak, it is a verifiable fact. Especially in the original context of being Paladin-like, which have none.

Also, Scepter has two ranged attacks, and the Staff's main attack, while not especially long range (which is why I didn't include it), is still 600, which is a lot further out than melee. Focus being offhand, it only has two attacks period. Besides, most of the Guardian weapons have non-attack skills on them; that's just the nature of the class. Most of them still function at range though.

Well in that case Paladins in WoW have 'RANGED WEAPONS' if specced right, if all you're going off is the fact that they can attack people a bit further away than melee range. PR speak is giving the impression of something good, but not really giving the full details (i.e the bad).

I would never suggest to anyone that Guardians had RANGED WEAPONS, leaving the impression you can stand behind the lines attacking people to the point of being a significant threat like other classes who have RANGED WEAPONS.

We have a few weapons that allows you to attack, pretty feebly, from range. The other skills are buffs and heals.

I just get the impression that anyone who has not played GW2 had seen your post, they'd be thinking 'Hmm, I can use bows and guns with a Paladin?' I know you love this game, and you want to be the best it can, but there really is no need to try and sugar coat everything. I wouldn't mention this usually, but it has been like this since Day 1. In the end it maybe that people read your posts, expecting something that isn't there, and end up NOT liking the game. Be a bit more analytical and critical is all - balanced.

"Guardians have ranged weapons, but they're not hugely influential at the moment. Decent for a Support Build, but you'd be frustrated with them if you tried to use them in PVP/WvW"

jersoc

I saw 2 guild fractal groups struggling to find people for like 30 minutes today, at different levels, at the same time. You guys realize you can do levels below the one you've gotten to, right? I mean, the groups could have cooperated and done the lower level one in the time they spent looking for more people.

That's not why, they just kicked a ton of people. Even ones who log on every day. Msg an officer and they'll reinvite you.

the fractal level stuff is really something else. i'm not quite sure what anet was going for with that other than a carrot on the stick. and a really poor one at that.

but yes, i think once people figure this out it'll get better.

Forkball

Thanks to Courteson and Mornkor for helping with the Southsun jump puzzle. Not too hard once you know what to do, but it's frustrating to start all over again if you mess up.l

KARKA SCARY

r4z4

Hmm no resets on FotM? I'm not too concerned either way but I just get the feeling I'm going to be left behind (only level 2) I appreciate that people will help others but at some point it just won't be worth the sacrifice as I assume higher levels will give more tokens and gold and better drops.

Enosh

is there an official thread for that friend trial code begging or can I do it here? ^^

if anyone happens to have a spare left pm me please (eu if it matters)

got it

Can I get re-invited to the GAF guild? Hurricane Sandy knocked me out of power for close to two weeks plus Halo means I haven't been on in a while. No officers seem to be online.

GW name: Sir Garbageman

EDIT: Thanks Wallach!

Enosh

oh so the free trial thingy is a timed event, I thought it's a "you get X amount of days to try regardless of when you send it"

stupid me -.-

Forkball

How long does it take to get to 80? getting to 13 took me like 10 hours or so

I think it took me 90 hours to get to 80. The leveling up is really evened out, it doesn't feel like going from 75-80 is any tougher than going from 10-15. You could probably go a level an hour if you really powered through and tried to get as much EXP as possible. Crafting can also give you a huge boost. I went up like five levels in ten minutes one time with a ton of mats and a crafting booster, it was crazy.

Also, for the geyser jumping puzzle in Southsun, there is actually A HUGE SHORTCUT. Ok, first you do the geyser part in the cave, then you have to do another one on the outside wall. As we all know, if you fall, you have to start ALL over. However, this is a big shortcut to bypass everything. From the waypoint, walk to the wall with the geysers. A bit beyond the "safe zone" where you can stand to do the final geyser part, against the wall there is a little step you can jump on. Jump on the step, then to the left and you can get on a geyser. Facing out, on the right side of the higher safe zone spot, you can jump up there if you spam jump. That means you can skip most of the geyser part.

Does the transmute trick not work on cultural armor as long as it's the same race?

I know they changed something on cultural armor because people were buying it and giving it to alts that were different races, which basically made the characters completely naked. Was in the patch notes about a month ago.
Doesn't work. Transferring the look of soulbound gear just makes the resulting gear soulbound as well.

And as I suspected (I was already told this), support can do nothing to help.

DOWN 5 GOLD FOR NOTHING! YAY!

*headdesk*

Arcteryx

Doesn't work. Transferring the look of soulbound gear just makes the resulting gear soulbound as well.

And as I suspected (I was already told this), support can do nothing to help.

DOWN 5 GOLD FOR NOTHING! YAY!

*headdesk*

I did it the other day and it worked fine(didn't see anything in the patch notes either). You sure you transmuted to a white item of a like armor type? It will still say soulbound, but you can still re-transmute it in the end.

Other people made it difficult for me. Big fat Charrs and Norns taking up half the screen, while people popped Swiftness messing up jumping times!

The first part was annoying with dummies popping swiftness and big norn/charr blocking your way, but since the majority of them suck the second set of skipping stones is empty and on my 5th shot at the second set i was able to complete it...

I'd imagine it's to curb superguilds from gaining bonuses too quickly.

Hmm no resets on FotM? I'm not too concerned either way but I just get the feeling I'm going to be left behind (only level 2) I appreciate that people will help others but at some point it just won't be worth the sacrifice as I assume higher levels will give more tokens and gold and better drops.

Several people in the guild will be willing to run level 1s even several months from now. But yeah, this is something I vastly disagree with.

Retro

I'd imagine it's to curb superguilds from gaining bonuses too quickly.

I can't speak for other Superguilds, but GAF knocked out pretty much everything permanent in the guild rewards system after about a month, a combination of Influence being broken and us just having a shitload of people.

I doubt there are many guilds our size outside of large communities like Reddit, SA, etc. In ANet's eyes, there's probably no need to increase the cap any further. I kind of agree; we don't have anywhere close to 500 active players, and loading up the guild menu now slows things down to a crawl.

Several people in the guild will be willing to run level 1s even several months from now. But yeah, this is something I vastly disagree with.

Another officer and I were just discussing this last night, we'd really hate for parts of the guild to feel left out because there's a perceived or real sense of elitism regarding Fractal Difficulty levels. We'll try to make sure runs are happening regardless of level, and it might be cool to have regular Fractal events to teach people the fractals and net them a few Difficulty levels while their feet are still wet.

Retro

Stormbluff Isle, right? (Is where the guild is..)

Yes, GAF is on Stormbluff Isle.

Which reminds me, remember when everyone was up in arms about which server to pick? Henge ended up under Titan Alliance (which fell apart, coincidentally) and Gate of Madness kind of floundered. We ended up on SBI almost entirely by luck, and it ended up being one of, if not the best servers in WvW and home to a really strong community.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Regarding FotM resets, it would be a terrible terrible idea if they implemented it. I have been running them pretty intensely since Friday and just got to level 9 yesterday night/this morning. It takes a LOT of time to climb the difficulty scale, and while the rewards get slightly better, it's not really noticeable because of RNG. The encounters, however, are getting harder. Enemies are hitting harder, have more health, and are generally just more aggressive. There are more of them, too.

There are going to be people who will be more than willing to help people climb the ranks. I for one, LOVE taking low difficulty people up because it increases the number of people I can run with. But, if its one of your first times in and/or you haven't done all of the fractals yet, it should be highly encouraged to have Mumble. You don't have to talk even, but being able to listen is huge.

On another note, as much as I don't mind helping people, I also enjoy the progress that I'm making. I can't and shouldn't be expected to stop doing 10+ or whatever because some people are level 3 and need a group. There is a good sense of accomplishment that comes with pushing to those higher challenges. So for those of us that are higher up, yes - we have no problems helping people out. But it's going to get a bit old to hear officers harping on us for not ONLY running the low level fractals because a number of people need it.

Ferny

I can't speak for Retro, but I would never have anyone of the officers "police" the runs going on in the guild. Not our job to do. We can always do runs ourselves to include more people in the guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom