• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

So is anything going to be happening in the new zone? I Just ran around and besides a few meh events, it was pretty much dead. The middle of the map, especially, seems to just have nothing but enemies in it. Maybe because I was in overflow, but still

Ashodin

I can't speak for Retro, but I would never have anyone of the officers "police" the runs going on in the guild. Not our job to do. We can always do runs ourselves to include more people in the guild.

As the Co-Leader this is also my stance on them. Officers should be expected to help run whenever they can however. We need the guild as a whole at a higher difficulty.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is anything going to be happening in the new zone? I Just ran around and besides a few meh events, it was pretty much dead. The middle of the map, especially, seems to just have nothing but enemies in it. Maybe because I was in overflow, but still

I was in non-overflow and it was still boring, barren, and overtuned. I'll wait until things have settled. It looks pretty, but that's about it for now.

Dries

So...... how to complete phase 2? We've just landed in Southsun Cove and did the grand event on the beach, but now what?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, you can't complete the investigations anymore if you haven't started them?

That's fantastic.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Maybe ArenaNet created these invisible, steamrolling, one-shotting Karka to take gold out of the economy and reduce inflation.

I'm trying to think of a positive.

Have some screenshots while you try not to get killed by invisible rolling crab monsters.

iby4TEUOZazqzE.png

iG8ix4K9D2ICx.png

ij9kPjwTijK0C.png

Dries

So... phase 3 has started in Southsun. The event begins at Canach's Folly. And then 12 veterans Karkas appeared and team wiped us.. :')

Divvy

After getting wiped for the 20th time by these giant four legged vaginas that don't give you anything worthwhile, I'm starting to feel like ANet developers have some serious sex related issues.

Ephidel

I, apparently mistakenly, thought it would be faster while sheparding the ancient to res at a waypoint rather than wait for people to get around to ressing me. I have been stuck on a loading screen now for at least five minutes :(

Retro

I can't speak for Retro, but I would never have anyone of the officers "police" the runs going on in the guild. Not our job to do. We can always do runs ourselves to include more people in the guild.

I think you misunderstand; I'm not saying we should police runs, I'm saying that as a guild, we should try to help each other rather than scoff that someone is a lesser Difficulty Level than we want to do. Nothing we would reinforce, but working together is the point of a guild.

Verve

this is seriously fucked up.
tens of veteran young karkas just appearing from nowhere, wiping the whole (yes, I mean the whole) group. no chance of doing anything. several times.
I spent nearly a gold until now for repairs and teleports. on the other side, the karkas don't drop anything of any worth. one of the waypoints was missing for half the event, now thankfully showed up.
any veteran in the game before the karka stuff I could do very easily on my own. did they add a 0 too much for health and strength for the karka? we have to be like 15 people to take one down..

I love the game. I hate everything this weekend.

Maiger

Got DC'd just moments before the boss died, couldn't log back in because there was some problems with the log in servers, now boss is dead and I didn't get anything. GG. I better go to sleep, it's already way too late.. I just hope that Anet learns something from this.

Durante

Just finished the event. That was awesome. It performed much better than I'd expect given the number of people involved, both in terms of framerate and in terms of latency.

Well, it convinced me to buy GW2.

That was so awesome.

This is what MMOs are about. Not freaking LFG queues.

I love this game.
Agreed.

Shambles

how far back was the quest when you joined the second time?

About 10 minutes behind.

My two exotics both take up the same slot. Talk about horseshit hey? Anyone anyone looking for a level 80 exotic warhorn I have the Siren's Call:

814-900 Strength
+90 Healing Power
+64 power
+64 Toughness
Superior Sigil of Life

Looking to trade for any level 80 exotic that is useful to me. I wear heavy armour.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That was so awesome.

This is what MMOs are about. Not freaking LFG queues.

I love this game.
I really hope you're in the minority here. That was a horrible, boring, drawn-out event. But, it'll never happen again, so I'm thankful for small blessings.

Divvy

I really hope you're in the minority here. That was a horrible, boring, drawn-out event. But, it'll never happen again, small blessings.

The first half was unadulterated shit. Once you got past the "Kill all reinforcements" bit, it was pretty good.

Durante

I really hope you're in the minority here. That was a horrible, boring, drawn-out event. But, it'll never happen again, so I'm thankful for small blessings.
I bought the game just now. If enough other people did, I'm sure they'll have another one! The "reinforcements" parts were too long, but everything else was awesome.

Ricker

I thought it was awesome as well...lag was not so bad on our server,the whole thing lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes or so,I never resurrected so many people in my life hehe and the chest rewards where good...3 yellows,the 20 slot exotic bag,a nice amulet and a dance on the squeleton of the Ancient Karka...sure things could of been a little clearer,especially day 2 event but overall,good times.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I bought the game just now. If enough other people did, I'm sure they'll have another one! The "reinforcements" parts were too long, but everything else was awesome.

Yup. The Veterans and Champions took too long to go down. I guess they needed to guarantee people wouldn't miss the event by joining 1 hour late or so.

But all the other parts were cool, and it was definitely fun. One-time events like these, that seem to actually matter in the world of the game - this is the stuff I want out of an MMO.

Tess3ract

Banned
What's an overflow?

There's an event going on for something, I'm level 16 can I get in on it?

How do I start it?

I started the nord 15-25 level but I lost all interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom