• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Holy carp, 619 mb patch... That's pretty big (that's what she said).

Was the Halloween patch that much too?

KuroNeeko

The official forums should be treated as a banned site on GAF. Every time I go there I leave feeling like humanity as a species has no future.

Give me, give me, give me! You're saying too much! You're not saying enough! I'm planning my life around this and you can't tell me the exact second this starts, where everything is, or tailor the schedule to fit my lifestyle? ANet FAIL, give me stuff!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So does someone want to explain to me how events work in this game? I went to The Grove b/c the letter said to go there and I see a shop and people building something but I have no idea how to get the stuff to buy the items from the shop.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So does someone want to explain to me how events work in this game? I went to The Grove b/c the letter said to go there and I see a shop and people building something but I have no idea how to get the stuff to buy the items from the shop.

It's not starting in the Grove until tomorrow. 10am PST I think, unless someone corrects me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm patching now, but I don't think I'll actually be playing tonight. For some reason today's tragedy has pretty much incapacitated me... can't really focus. I'll read the notes if they're available so I know what to expect when I get back from this weekend- are they actually up? edit: nm

At first glance all of this looks really, really good. I very much like the insight provided into the class balance changes as well; providing the rationale behind changes goes a long way to putting them in perspective.

It doesn't really feel like they reduced the grind for Ascended gear with the small changes they made.
Ascended gear changes weren't even slated to be part of this patch, but based on the text of the patch notes I must disagree. These all seem extraordinarily significant to me with regard to obtaining Ascended items:
-Ascended Rings and Fractal Weapon Skin drop rates now increase appropriately with player scale.
-A Pristine Fractal Relic has been added to the daily rewards for scale 10 and higher. 10 Pristine Fractal Relics can be turned in to Golem Merchant BUY-4373 for an Ascended Ring.
-The Mystic Forge recipes for offensive and defensive infusions now take five skill points instead of 50, and omni infusions now take ten skill points instead of 100 (relevant because spending skill points was a huge part of getting my back piece, and crafting an infusion this way would not have been realistic
Also, while more minor, the significance of these cannot be at all denied:
-The simple infusion for defensive slots has been removed from the vendors, and the cost of the versatile simple infusion has been lowered to 75 tokens.
-The quantity of vials of Powerful Blood, Vicious Fangs, and Elaborate Totems that drop from loot containers is now 1-2 instead of just 1.
-Added Mystic Forge recipes to convert ascended rings to their infused versions
Very good stuff. I look forward to exploring this new iteration of Tyria on Sunday night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry Keoni, I knew where to look but was blanking on them a bit. I'm just out of it.
edit: Agh, forgot the sorta/maybe meeting tonight; if my opinion is needed on any guild matters please PM me either here or gafguild

Arcteryx

Really REALLY happy with the ascended gear tweaks. Love that we can finally infuse rings easily with our pink goop drops, plus getting a free ring every 10 runs with those special tokens.

Still wish there was something I could do with the fractal tokens themselves, other than buy skillpoints. Wish we could turn them into goop or exchange a couple thousand for a ring.

usea

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?!?!?!?!?!

/RAGEQUIT
I hate being forced into using the grenade kit since it's so much better than the others (particularly once you have access to grenadier). I especially hate having to aim it all the time, and lead targets manually. If this brings them all in line, I like that. However, if it just means the kit can be just as good, but now you have to buy sigils, then that sucks. Hopefully the other kits are more comparable now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really REALLY happy with the ascended gear tweaks. Love that we can finally infuse rings easily with our pink goop drops, plus getting a free ring every 10 runs with those special tokens.

Still wish there was something I could do with the fractal tokens themselves, other than buy skillpoints. Wish we could turn them into goop or exchange a couple thousand for a ring.
You can buy ascended back pieces... I may have missed a reason that you're not considering this.

Giard

Just noticed that my sword has a new skin... I knew they updated some of the icons, but I wasn't expecting that.

Oh and:
- Decreased all Mantra cast times by one second.
- Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.

flRWu.gif

arimanius

/RAGEQUIT

I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

I hate being forced into using the grenade kit since it's so much better than the others (particularly once you have access to grenadier). I especially hate having to aim it all the time, and lead targets manually. If this brings them all in line, I like that. However, if it just means the kit can be just as good, but now you have to buy sigils, then that sucks. Hopefully the other kits are more comparable now.

Besides nerfing grenades and the elixer gun they didn't touch the other kits. Sigils won't make up the 30% difference or bring the other kits inline.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I went on to play tonight now that the semester is finally over and I said hi in the guild chat to no reply.

Then I realized I was in the overflow guild. Meh. I need some closer friends to play this with me whenever I ask them to.

Oh and I LOVE the little guitar hero minigame they made in LA. Fun and competitive!

Hawken is pretty cool too.

Levyne

Banned
Finally got an Infused ring thanks to the new recipe.

Just fyi, it's the ring you want to infuse + 5 vials, 3 globs, and 1 shard.

(mist globs and shard, not ecto/obby)

So I'll work towards my second ring and only a handful of ecto away from infusing my quiver.

nataku

Previewing armor types your class can't use from your inventory and chat RIP. :(

I didn't test it for weapons. I wonder if that is bugged as well.

Dreavus

Hurray Wintersday!

That jumping puzzle was pretty cool. I'm glad they decided to split players up somewhat, at least for the start. Trying to see where you were going in the clock tower was very annoying with the number of other players jumping along with you. This one didn't seem quite as urgent as their last event jumping puzzle (a little more lenient on players who slow down a bit) so I was able to complete it quite a bit quicker.

I find the bell choir to be just adorable. Awesome mini-game. I found out you can heal yourself between songs by playing any note, which helps for not getting kicked out for too many misses.

Snowball fights are expectantly ridiculous but still fun in bursts. I love the classic "unique skill for each class" just like the old GW1 snowball fights. (this is how it works right? I haven't tried anything other than my Mesmer, but cloning is pretty unique to them, and I'm pretty sure I saw a thief go invisible.)

I'm very interested to see what the toymaker fellow has for us to do.

Previewing armor types your class can't use from your inventory and chat RIP. :(

I didn't test it for weapons. I wonder if that is bugged as well.

Weapons seem fine. Not sure why they took out armor previewing like that though.

jersoc

woo, i got my 3 minis to make quaggan!

damn, i get lucky from these holiday chests lol. i got 5 minis total in 20 chests. i got the 3 within 14.

Proven

The wedding from yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96RSZ1aIX8

/RAGEQUIT

Three words. Sigil of Fire.

Edit:
The thing that annoyed me the most about the patch notes was the very bottom; the stuff about how they view each class. Say for the Thief, what they've done for the profession fits their design goals, but also makes them feel way too out of line in normal gameplay. Having highest single target DPS and the best mobility and all the pluses from stealth just feels too strong. They're so powerful at harassing that only a handful of skills can take them down when they're stealthing all of the time, and those skills are directly countered by their movement capabilities.

As for Necro, they practically confirmed I was afraid of: Dagger Necromancers are never going to get that much of a buff, because you already get a ton of survivability plus easy access to extra DPS through conditions, minions, and/or wells. Unfortunately this means that you pretty much have to use those to get up to anything close to spike damage. Otherwise, I constantly see people getting away by saving certain stun breakers, teleports, dash skills, etc. I'm going to have to practice rotating the different snaring skills better, I suppose. The only plus is that Necros get easy access to every snare skill (Cripple, Immobilize, Chill, and Weakness thanks to it's -50% endurance regeneration) just not for the longest durations.

Ricker

Who the hell thought of some of those Holiday presents though...the fucking Grinch lol?...

I see my first Giant Present box in the wild and :
I happily head towards it,expecting some candy canes or something,I click on it and it explodes and 10 Skritss come out of it,I see a gift on the ground but by the time I kill all the little guys,the gift is gone lol
...seriously? lol

Anyway,Lions Arch looks great all decked up but man,around the Mystic Forge,its super laggy...

arimanius

Ele
- We see the elementalist as the king of versatility.
Engineer
- The Engineer is a highly versatile class. They can use different kits based on the situation, but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.

Wait what? Engineer get punished for being a versatile class but Elementalist are the kings of versatility.

edit*

My grenade damage is down to 184 on the tooltip :(

Engineer Kit Sigils. The Engineer now benefits from the sigils on their weapons when they swap to a kit. So, this means that you will have the ability to get sigil procs on your Flame Thrower, or Grenade Kit, etc. This means we had to tone down some of the kits accordingly, the biggest of which was the Grenade kit.
Engineer Grenade Kit Changes. We didn’t want to totally take away the power of this kit, but when it is able to proc sigil abilities, it becomes very strong due to its powerful AOE nature. So we’ve toned down this kit a little due to the sigils now working on engineer kits.

I knew they nerf grenades and elixer gun. What other kit did they destory?

So I sold 25 Wad of Enchanting Stuff for 7 gold last night, right now hours it only sells for 2.25 gold, muhahahahaha, my friend got ripped off buying pop gun skin for 2.25 gold 10 hours later it's 20silver he's gonna be mad lol lol.

How long are the events? I'm working overtime for almost a week straight thanks to the holidays.

Is there an idiots guide to getting any equipment? I have some tokens, and I don't know what they're for.

Oh they nerfed Engineers? Guess I won't be back for long.

Wait what? Engineer get punished for being a versatile class but Elementalist are the kings of versatility.
Well, in truth Elementalists are kind of punished for it as well by being incredibly squishy unless they specifically spec for a bunker build.

edit*

My grenade damage is down to 184 on the tooltip :(
Yeah. It's terrible.

Flash grenade and poison grenade now doing damage can't even come close to making up for that (and they have laughable damage, at that).

Three words. Sigil of Fire.
Does nothing for you if it never or hardly ever procs.

Guess I'll have to try it for myself first...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bell hero is fun! This is what I like about Guild Wars 2 (I'm so glad they aren't doing Dragon Festival-esque gambling games yet).

Abandond

They also nerfed the damage on grenade kits because of the recent buff to their speed I think, I just made an engineer and its really fun. Should of tried it sooner.

Zia

Hey, I have a question for you guys. I know the game just recently launched, but is the New MMO Luster still there? That's always my favorite part of picking up an MMO. I'm thinking about surprising the BF with copies for each of us shortly after Christmas. Mists of Pandaria has been a weird experience: I think it's Blizzard's best WoW expansion -- love the progression flow, aesthetic, sheer amount of content... I even think the story is cute. But I just can't be bothered to play it. So, yeah, looking to GW2 to revive our MMO habit.

Abandond

Hey, I have a question for you guys. I know the game just recently launched, but is the New MMO Luster still there? That's always my favorite part of picking up an MMO. I'm thinking about surprising the BF with copies for each of us shortly after Christmas. Mists of Pandaria has been a weird experience: I think it's Blizzard's best WoW expansion -- love the progression flow, aesthetic, sheer amount of content... I even think the story is cute. But I just can't be bothered to play it. So, yeah, looking to GW2 to revive our MMO habit.

I'm still enjoying the game just as much as I did on launch and it's just been improving ever since. Not to mention the monthly updates make it so there's always something new to do!

arimanius

They also nerfed the damage on grenade kits because of the recent buff to their speed I think, I just made an engineer and its really fun. Should of tried it sooner.

They did increase speed a little but not enough to make much difference.

I understand that they probably needed to be toned down a little since sigils now work, but 30% is just way to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom