• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that my Thief reached Level 80 I've been looking into what style of armor I should get for him... medium armor kind of sucks, doesn't it? Long coats and puffy sleeves and floppy hats; there's not a whole lot of variety there.

Abandond

So now that my Thief reached Level 80 I've been looking into what style of armor I should get for him... medium armor kind of sucks, doesn't it? Long coats and puffy sleeves and floppy hats; there's not a whole lot of variety there.

The dungeon armor looks good, no? Also, if you're female, well, :p.

Also, if anyone is trying to get the Smash the Town achievement on the airship, make sure you get that small silver bench in one of the clusters of buildings, it's kind of hard to hit it.

Retro

Hey, I have a question for you guys. I know the game just recently launched, but is the New MMO Luster still there? That's always my favorite part of picking up an MMO. I'm thinking about surprising the BF with copies for each of us shortly after Christmas. Mists of Pandaria has been a weird experience: I think it's Blizzard's best WoW expansion -- love the progression flow, aesthetic, sheer amount of content... I even think the story is cute. But I just can't be bothered to play it. So, yeah, looking to GW2 to revive our MMO habit.

Yes, the new MMO Luster is definitely still there, and as others have said the monthly updates has kept it firmly in place (for example, the Christmas event started today and there's tons of new stuff to do). Next year looks to continue the trend, as they're saying January and February's content patches will be "an expansion worth of content for free". So I don't see you getting bored with it, and if you do you really only have to wait a month for something new.

If nothing else, Guild Wars 2 is worth picking up because any time you feel the itch to play it, you don't have to cough up $15 to see if there's anything worth doing.

Atrophis

I honestly don't know how they pump out content so fast. Content that is only going to be in the game for a short amount of time too. The new jumping puzzle looks so beautiful clearly a lot of work went into making it, then you take into account the guitar hero mini-game, PVP zone, weapon skins, new dungeon with 5 configurations.

Compare this to some MMO's which go 12 months without a patch...

Did anyone else complete the airship today and not realise there was a chest at the end or was it just me? ><

They did increase speed a little but not enough to make much difference.

I understand that they probably needed to be toned down a little since sigils now work, but 30% is just way to much.

Well if the grenade launcher is the least bit more powerful than any of the recently buffed weapon kits you end up with the same status quo of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Combining it with some of the sigils already makes it crazy aoe. It needed to be brought down if only to force people to consider other options.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Just finished the Wintersday dungeon. Did it solo. Took me a little while b/c I'm only level 48 and my gear isn't great but I was able to beat it. Then I ran it with a group. I was hoping it wouldn't be deminishing rewards because I got a ton of XP the first run..damn near an entire level (33k)..but alas.

There is an achievement to destroying the entire town btw. Pretty fun smashing stuff.

Jump puzzle is hard. I haven't been able to get much farther than the 2 peppermint sticks you have to jump on because of either the horde or the snowflakes disappearing. What's funny is that every time I am out front in the group the snowflakes disappear before I can even get to them. What is up with that? Happened like 5 times and I finally said screw it.

etiolate

Banned

Dungeon sets are interesting. I was planning to do a mix of Sorrow's Embrace and Crucible of Eternity on my engineer.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

The dungeon set from CM looks really good on thief. Much better than the hobo clothing that is every other medium armor

arimanius

Well if the grenade launcher is the least bit more powerful than any of the recently buffed weapon kits you end up with the same status quo of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Combining it with some of the sigils already makes it crazy aoe. It needed to be brought down if only to force people to consider other options.

So instead of buffing the other kits just nerf grenade down to the subpar level of the other kits? That doesn't make any sense. And they adjusted the other kits as well. Just not to this degree of nerf.

KingKong

having to wait before retrying the jumping puzzle is really annoying, it doesnt even seem that hard but it just totally saps any desire to replay when you fail

God damn this jumping puzzle to hell. I usually never have problems platforming. But the time limit + the other chars on screen just makes this quite infuriating. RAGE.

Managed to finish all the achievements that aren't locked yet. The bell mini game is fantastic, I wish they would keep that around all the time even though I'm terrible at it.

Gift stopper was the hardest for me to get so far. Down right infuriating at times to try to blow throw a group and get the kb on the enemy carrier. Especially if you get placed on a team who just decides to fight around a corner somewhere instead of trying to run/stop the gift.

So... I finally did it... jumped in the present at the end on 50ish HP and then it ticked and I died.... I got the cheeve but no reward. Im screwed now right...?

So... I finally did it... jumped in the present at the end on 50ish HP and then it ticked and I died.... I got the cheeve but no reward. Im screwed now right...?

The reward was just some holiday items like socks and I think I got a present or two. There's no exotic like there was for Halloween so don't worry about it.

I'm digging these new ranger changes, makes the class feel a lot more flushed out than it was previously. Actually using it now a lot more often in my guilds dungeon runs.

Also nice little change on the end boss for CoF path 1. Makes the end fight a little more interesting especially when you aren't expecting it.

arimanius

Spent some time on my Engi and even with sigils grenade damage has been trashed. Looks like the crit sigils have cooldowns on them so they don't go off as much as I'd imagine.

Guess I'll see if I can find a FT build that works.

Dreavus

Try finding armor for a Mesmer. Pretty much everything in light armor seems to be yet another robe or some other plebeian garb. Hardly suitable.

I'm going to be using the heritage skin forever, I think.
Maaaybe "Seer's" for a second armor set whenever I pull together the money for it.

Levyne

Banned
Do you guys still recruit to the guild? Just bought this game and want in if its open.

Yeah. Most of us are on Stormbluff Isle, but guilds are cross server.

You can message any officer in game for an invite (officers listed in the OP, though that doesn't seem completely up to date, it's mostly right.)

zon

God damn this jumping puzzle to hell. I usually never have problems platforming. But the time limit + the other chars on screen just makes this quite infuriating. RAGE.

Really? I thought this was a baby version of a jumping puzzle. On my third try I finished it and after that I completed it another 17 times with only 4 fuck ups mixed in. The only thing I found even slightly confusing was the gust of wind from the snowman after you jump up the packages, that's what led to most of my failures after I finished it for the first time.

Forkball

I have no idea how to get past those stupid popping presents. Someone told me to just go straight up, but there's a huge gap in the center and there's no straight path. Not to mention the presents will pop before you can even jump on them. At least the snowball fight and minidungeon are fun.

Wallach

The ones about to pop will shake first. Just move as quickly up that part as you can (it's safe to go either diagonally or straight between any of them) while looking for shaking presents to avoid.

The Snowball Mayhem event has me seriously considering starting up on PvP. I had no plans to, as usually the only PvP I care for is FPS based but, I'm having more fun than should be allowed in that.

Giard

I have no idea how to get past those stupid popping presents. Someone told me to just go straight up, but there's a huge gap in the center and there's no straight path. Not to mention the presents will pop before you can even jump on them. At least the snowball fight and minidungeon are fun.

You might be going too slowly in the previous section. The gifts start popping after a certain time has passed.

SRTtoZ

Yeah. Most of us are on Stormbluff Isle, but guilds are cross server.

You can message any officer in game for an invite (officers listed in the OP, though that doesn't seem completely up to date, it's mostly right.)

perfect. will do.

usea

Like Giard said, the presents don't start popping until some time has passed. They always pop in the same order, too. One present pops in the middle column, so I usually jump straight up one column to the right. But if you're getting there too late, they will be popping all over the place and you'll have to scramble to make it. I'd suggest evaluating why you're getting there too late.

I think one of the safer paths for jumping up the presents late is going up a diagonal starting at the middle, going to the right. I'm not really sure about this though.

I've completed the puzzle about 130 times. I just find it really fun to do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the time frame on this event? Finishing up Christmas shopping and getting things in order here at the home, so I haven't had time to play yet. I want to make sure to get whatever Wintersday exclusive stuff done before the event disappears.

Wallach

What's the time frame on this event? Finishing up Christmas shopping and getting things in order here at the home, so I haven't had time to play yet. I want to make sure to get whatever Wintersday exclusive stuff done before the event disappears.

Runs until Jan. 3rd, so you have plenty of time.

SirKhalid

You might miss some mini pets if you do it too late.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tixx's_Infinirarium#Rewards

Yesterday, it was Ventari Frame and today, it is Princess Doll Frame. There is also an account bound ingredient that are need for the mini pets that are given at each stop.

KingKong

Logged on today and beat the jumping puzzle first try!

Anyone know if the chest resets or do you only get the presents for beating it once?

Ghost23

So what's the easiest way get a mini pet? Will these be available until Jan 3rd? With finals this week, I won't have much time to play.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yay I'm back. My friend's wedding was a blast, and I feel a little bit better generally. Delving into the patch notes a little more, this really appears to be a pretty universally positive set of changes to my eyes even outside of all the Wintersday stuff. Need to go over the class changes with a finetooth comb...

A question for the slowly-evolving grenade engis ;)

If you have two 1h weapons equipped, both sigils apply to the kit, yes?

I'm thinking Fire and Rage (unless the cooldown overlap is prohibitive) could be pretty awesome.

etiolate

Banned
Yay I'm back. My friend's wedding was a blast, and I feel a little bit better generally. Delving into the patch notes a little more, this really appears to be a pretty universally positive set of changes to my eyes even outside of all the Wintersday stuff. Need to go over the class changes with a finetooth comb...

A question for the slowly-evolving grenade engis ;)

If you have two 1h weapons equipped, both sigils apply to the kit, yes?

I'm thinking Fire and Rage (unless the cooldown overlap is prohibitive) could be pretty awesome.

Well both sigils apply for all skills on other classes, so I imagine they apply for engy kits, too.

Do any of you think its worth it buying T3 cultural armour? Bar legendarys, is there anything else worth spending money on. Im not interested in spending 100G on WvW commander either really

jersoc

Do any of you think its worth it buying T3 cultural armour? Bar legendarys, is there anything else worth spending money on. Im not interested in spending 100G on WvW commander either really

if you want the skin, sure it'll be worth it then. it's a fairly subjective question. buy whatever skin you want imo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You gots your ascended stuff?

Other unique skins are pretty pricey too. What would you like to spend it on? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom