• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Infininarium last night in a PUG. Pretty easy despite the fact I had no idea what I was doing most of the time. Finding the last Princess Doll to spray was mildly annoying though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Received this in the mail today:

q5tQj.jpg

I1wEF.jpg

I got my Quiver of Quick Flight yesterday. Watch the value of Potent and Powerful Blood carefully. Potent dropped to a point in which you would make huge profit throwing them into the mystery forge, the only thing you would be spending was skill points in the worst possible outcome.

You need 50 potent bloods, 1 powerful blood, 5 crystalline dusts and 5 philosopher stones (half a skill point) to get 5~12 powerful bloods, but at the time potent blood was valued so low that getting 5 powerful bloods in return would've made no loss whatsoever in terms of gold.

http://i.imgur.com/0rbM0.jpg :)

Thanks for this. For whatever reason I kept thinking in my head that it was 250 potent blood to get the 5-12 powerful bloods, then I convinced myself of it and never bothered to look it up to see if I was wrong.

I actually have quite a bit of potent blood stocked up from some farming runs I did last week. Going to head to the forge and test my luck!

SRTtoZ

So I finally put about 10 hours into the game, working on a Norn Warrior and I had NO idea how big they were until I got to Lions Arch and saw I was twice the size of people lol. God they are huge but its awesome.

So far Ive been using a Greatsword with rifle. It seems like a good combo because if I need to regen some energy to dodge I can just stand back and fire away, and it does pretty good dps.

edit: also, lovin the game. I am a seasoned MMO player and its not PERFECT but its a really good game, especially with no sub.

soloscout

Neo Member
I joined the guild yesterday - thanks for the invite!!! Hope to get myself to 80 during the holiday break, but for now if anyone wants to party up with a lvl 50 something warrior msg kfife in game :D.

etiolate

Banned
The combat in GW2 is different enough that I feel it requires a new approach or philosophy (whatever works for you), but it does allow familiarity with old systems to be handy. It is indeed transitional in its design, but with an intention for its high-end play to be different than what people are accustomed to.

I would say that early on dodge is your first instinct to avoid, but later on that dodge is your fail safe and you learn how to avoid using it until you're out of all other options. This plays out differently for different classes.

For example, the concept that you can tackle tougher mobs without having to exceed a certain "gear check" works in GW2. That is the concept of outplaying a mob. There's been a couple videos here posted of players soloing dungeon bosses. These videos involve combo fields, dodges, blocks, invulns and positioning. They are not how you would normally approach the boss in a group setting.

KuroNeeko

You guys decide which mini's you want to craft? I know the Ventari toy is going on my Sylvari ranger, but am waiting to see what the last two races will contribute. I'm thinking one of the animal spirits will get made into a toy, maybe bear. Who knows what the Asura toy will be - maybe a golem? Maybe some platform shoes so you guys aren't so short all the time.

Tyria is so much better a place than Earth right now :[

Don't go down that path, mayne!

etiolate

Banned
The last two craftable minis are a Golem and a Griffon. I made the toy soldier one and deciding on the griffon or golem for the second.

KuroNeeko

Does anyone know what armor this is? I don't see it on the Gem Store page but it sure looks Christmas-y.

2012-12-17_00010_zpse1dc3944.jpg

The last two craftable minis are a Golem and a Griffon. I made the toy soldier one and deciding on the griffon or golem for the second.

Wow! How do you know what they're going to be? :O

My guild was hit with the DR bug last night in CoF, we completed CoF path 1 around 6pm, took a break came back at 8pm every thing was reset, and only got 30 carving, we have done this before complete a dungeon around 6pm come back at 8pm and never had this happen before...

Vossler

Woot, read up on the Thief hood transmutation trick, and now my ranger looks sweet. Thanks guys last night for letting me run through AC with you with my 42 guard, I hope I wasn't too much of a burden!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dawwww! I gotta learn more about how this all works, I've only done one of the dungeons.

I haven't had a lot of time, but I just realized that my self-created Winter Break is starting this week. Time to set a whole shit-ton of GW2 goals to meet by the new year :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
right now everyone is doing with ammo what I tend to do with black lion chests

i can't really do anything active right now, does anyone have any suggestions for something delightful and uplifting I could watch before bedtiem?

Haven't played in so long so I decided to make a new character tonight. Wow did they improve the speed on ranger short bow? Fast as hell and I love it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is awesome, I would love to see a higher resolution screenshot!

edit: SweetFX can take its own high-quality screenshots. I think the default key is printscreen.

Geoff9920

Not only possible, but REQUIRED YOU HAVE NO CHOICE

;0
Lol, I did send you a mail yesterday asking for an invite, but at the time I wasn't sure if I had the right person. :p I'll just whisper to one of the people above (Thanks for the list Kos Luftar) next time I'm on then.

Lol, I did send you a mail yesterday asking for an invite, but at the time I wasn't sure if I had the right person. :p I'll just whisper to one of the people above (Thanks for the list Kos Luftar) next time I'm on then.

I'm at work right now, but I'll try and contact another officer to get you in ASAP. Don't forget to check out the gafguild website too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom