• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcteryx

So after the event today a few of us took on Arah's story mode.
It was a terrible experience. It felt like half the time was spent shooting turrets with trash mobs slapping us occasionally, and the battle with Zhaitan was just shooting at him with turrets for far too long while he humped a building. I cannot see the Elder Dragons as anything approaching a serious threat when fighting one took less thought and effort than most personal story missions.

Also, Zhaitan is way smaller than the concept art in the loading screen implies.

EDIT:
I have to do all of this again to finish the personal story? Ugh....

Sadly yea, if you weren't at that point in your storyline...then you'll need to redo it. I agree though that it was a HUGE let down/horrible mechanics.

So after the event today a few of us took on Arah's story mode.
It was a terrible experience. It felt like half the time was spent shooting turrets with trash mobs slapping us occasionally, and the battle with Zhaitan was just shooting at him with turrets for far too long while he humped a building. I cannot see the Elder Dragons as anything approaching a serious threat when fighting one took less thought and effort than most personal story missions.

Also, Zhaitan is way smaller than the concept art in the loading screen implies.

EDIT:
I have to do all of this again to finish the personal story? Ugh....

I was one of those in the group and I have to agree.
It was hugely disappointing. The entire last third of it (the turret stuff) was not good.

I had a blast in Operation Tidal Storm though. I will definitely be down for more events like that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I don't get the Arah story boss fight at all. Just so ludicrously bad in such silly ways. edit: I will say that I actually find the rest of Arah story to be pretty magnificent. If not for that damn last fight and especially of course the last phase it'd be in the top runs in the game IMO.

I actually had a lot of fun on our followup Explorable run of Arah, despite the fact that it took ages; 3 of us in the group were complete first-timers so it was plenty lulzy, but could have also been much worse. Lupi is very satisfying to murder.
You have to redo it to finish the story line? :(

Thought that would be the last I saw of it. Might never finish the story now ><
The reward skins are pretty sweet, at least.

nataku

Man, two days left to finish my fractals and WvW kills monthly. Being sick this past week has really ruined all the play time I was planning.

zulfate

Wow i am back full swing fucking loving my guardian! After all this lord of the rings stuff going on i wish some zones gave me a mines of moria vibe or just a lotr vibe in general( and no i dont want to play lotro) it almost does sometimes but that is why i bought skyrim which honestly captures that vibe

After five hours of doing Arah Path 4 (Seer) I finally got my Dungeon Master Title. I wouldn't recommend doing that path until they balance out Simin.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow i am back full swing fucking loving my guardian! After all this lord of the rings stuff going on i wish some zones gave me a mines of moria vibe or just a lotr vibe in general( and no i dont want to play lotro) it almost does sometimes but that is why i bought skyrim which honestly captures that vibe
Defintiely the closest I've found would be the Forsaken Halls in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

Retro

Open World Map.
Lower right corner.
Underground tab.

I think Underground Zones are planned. I'll ask around.

There's also an Upper Level tab, seems to only add clouds and the upper level of Divinity's Reach.

zulfate

Defintiely the closest I've found would be the Forsaken Halls in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

i want to go! how do i find it

Open World Map.
Lower right corner.
Underground tab.

There's also an Upper Level tab, seems to only add clouds and the upper level of Divinity's Reach.

yeah i forgot about that! now that there are less people running around lower-mid level zones it will feel scary and epic i hope lol.

Retro

i want to go! how do i find it

yeah i forgot about that! now that there are less people running around lower-mid level zones it will feel scary and epic i hope lol.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Azjol-Nerub in Wrath of the Lich King was such a missed opportunity. Maybe even the largest fuck-up Blizzard made with WoW, as far as lore goes.

"An enormous, continent-spanning and impossibly ancient underground civilization of arachnids, packed to the ceiling with libraries and arcane lore? Fierce spiderlords, fighting a losing war against the Lich King and watching their people being transformed into an undead scourge?

Let's make two tiny instances."

UGH.

I'd love to see entire underground zones; find a little tiny cave in the side of a mountain and spend days away from the sun, and come out somewhere on the other side of the map. It took the Fellowship three days to cross Moria (January 13 - 15), for example, and Tolkien described Morgoth's fortress of Angband (called "The Hells of Iron") as an endless labyrinth of chambers and vaults in which Sauron was able to hide for two years, along with several Balrogs, without being discovered. Gimmie some of that.

Taffer

Open World Map.
Lower right corner.
Underground tab.

Not to burst your bubble but I think that's there so you can map multi-level areas - The Grove uses all the different levels and I think Rata Sum might as well (the top level in each is an instance).

Retro

Not to burst your bubble but I think that's there so you can map multi-level areas - The Grove uses all the different levels and I think Rata Sum might as well (the top level in each is an instance).

Probably, but hope springs eternal. I'm not sure if the Grove and Rata Sum might be included, but I know the Collapse in Divinity's Reach remains lit up when you shift to the underground tab.

I'll have to pester the next ANet employee I see and ask if they have any plans.

Taffer

I was expecting the underground tab to cause the underwater and tunnel areas that show on your minimap (when you're underwater or in a tunnel) to show on your world map screen, that would be handy.

Ashodin

I was expecting the underground tab to cause the underwater and tunnel areas that show on your minimap (when you're underwater or in a tunnel) to show on your world map screen, that would be handy.

I'm still wondering why this doesn't happen.

Wallach

Damn, straight missed that event but there wasn't any helping it. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

I probably still won't be around much until after my birthday. Should probably at least check if I managed to do my monthly for December I guess...

Just want to say that, Wallach and Maxrpg look like they could be brothers.

I want ANET to tell us about this January update already. Wintersday is boring.

Also, my birthday is on Sunday so send me you gold.

Arcteryx

Yep. I found it to be a HUGE letdown compared to the Halloween events. I think I only did one or two dungeons(basically to finish the monthly) from Tixx.

Bell Choir was easy and a bit disappointing.

Toypocalypse rewards are a little lacking.

I like how we can still do the Tixx quests but it's impossible to find a group.

Snowball Mayhem is fun.

Since Mystical Cogs are account-bound is it possible to get enough to make all 5 Minis?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Bell Choir was easy and a bit disappointing.

Toypocalypse rewards are a little lacking.

I like how we can still do the Tixx quests but it's impossible to find a group.

Snowball Mayhem is fun.

Since Mystical Cogs are account-bound is it possible to get enough to make all 5 Minis?

No, just three

I was pretty disappointed, especially since I was hoping for a precursor drop like the one in november

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I actually had a lot of fun on our followup Explorable run of Arah, despite the fact that it took ages; 3 of us in the group were complete first-timers so it was plenty lulzy, but could have also been much worse. Lupi is very satisfying to murder.

My favorite was when the guy instructing us on the dungeon was like, "Kanik, do you go afk randomly during boss fights?" And my response was "I'm a necromancer."

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wondering if I should switch back to looking like Darth Maul once the holidays are over.

Do find it funny to have "the SINISTER"...then look like Santa.

Wallach

I knew there was a reason I normally keep my head shaved.

Also my birthday is on Thursday so don't send him all your gold.

Wallach

is anyone on gaf guild officer list ever on? could never find anyone to pm, lol

I have not been on much for at least a week, but if you need something you can always send me a PM here and I can probably get to whatever you need relatively quickly. I just don't have enough time to sit and play for more than like 20 minutes at a time right now so I haven't bothered.

Retro

is anyone on gaf guild officer list ever on? could never find anyone to pm, lol

I was on a lot yesterday, but for some weird reason I couldn't fall asleep last night and ended up being in a weird half-awake haze all day.

About to get on now though, whisper Professor Retro. I'll edit this post to say when I'm offline.

I'm offline now, will probably be on tomorrow. You can always send an in-game mail with your name and I can invite you that way as well.

Happy New Year everybody! This guild is awesome everyone is super nice!

Remember Jan 6th, my birthday, in-game gifts are welcome.

P.s
Ignore Wallach, he doesn't even play this game.

Happy New Year! Started a Sylvari Elementalist and I gotta say, this class is a ton of fun. So versatile, lots of cool spells, and a goddamn fire axe. Going Scepter/Dagger, I might level this along with my Asura Engineer.

Also started playing some WvW. All that did was remind me that I need to join the Gaf Guild.

Going through the process of leveling now, it's easy to see the downleveling isn't working as ANET had planned. The lower zones are completely empty, there are almost no dynamic events going on, and the ones that are going on are group events that you can attempt solo or just ignore.

Oddly enough, I'm still having fun leveling.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been loving scepter/dagger. Haven't tried D/D yet but I'll definitely give it a shot, though I'd be surprised if I were willing to give up some of those scepter moves. Focus seems a bit weak or situational.

hythloday

979 hours so far.. :p send me an in-game mail, if we keep missing each other!

Just to make sure everyone is absolutely clear: if you want into the guild, you can send a mail to an officer if they are offline, and they can invite you when they get the mail later, while you are offline.

Then the next time you log in, the guild invite is waiting for you in the guild window.

You don't have to wait for one of them to be online and handle it by sending them a /whisper. Just send mail!

Edited for clarity.

hythloday

Yeah, I didn't mean literally. Just meant there was something to do other than wait and hope to snag someone and /whisper them when they are online. :)

Anno

Hey guys. I took a couple months off during school, but I'd like back into the guild if possible. Who would I message for an invite nowadays?

Retro

Hey guys. I took a couple months off during school, but I'd like back into the guild if possible. Who would I message for an invite nowadays?

Ferny, Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Ashodin Venteal, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif, Wallach or Arken. You can also send an in-game mail or GAF PM to Professor Retro and I will do the invite the next time I am on. It will then be waiting for you the next time you play.

Ghost23

I'm seriously considering going for the Incinerator legendary when I reach lvl 80 (lvl 52 atm). I will probably quit once I realize how long it is really going to take.

I've been loving scepter/dagger. Haven't tried D/D yet but I'll definitely give it a shot, though I'd be surprised if I were willing to give up some of those scepter moves. Focus seems a bit weak or situational.

I really like D/D for PvE but have switched to scepter/dagger because having a bit more range in WvWvW is really helpful.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
D/D bunker Ele is so hilariously OP at running away in WvW. They're practically unkillable.

Kikarian

Not been on GW2 for a while, but hopped back on today.

I noticed that I wasn't in the GAF guild anymore, any reason why?

If so, could I get an invite?
Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ferny, Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Ashodin Venteal, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif, Wallach or Arken. You can also send an in-game mail or GAF PM to Professor Retro and I will do the invite the next time I am on. It will then be waiting for you the next time you play.

Hey Kikarian, a ton were kicked for inactivity. Just feel free to msg or in-game mail anyone in the quote, sorry about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom