• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear on Xbox Live = Ouch !!!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I had absolutly no trouble with CvS2 (save for a couple odd matches) however, EVERY GGXX#R match on Live is just a nightmare. 350+ ping time on EVERY match. It is like playing Quake in the modem days :-/

Hellraizah

I hope Capcom will implement their online code for Street Fighter like Capcom VS SNK 2, because Guilty Gear made me cry tonight.

It seems there's always a fraction of a second delay when you push a button or a direction.

GG lags bad?... I thought GG was a game that was spoce to have great net speed?... saying how this is how fighters should be done online?... where they wrong?

Pachinko

as with anything online based, it depends how far away you and your opponent are. I must say though that only GOOD rated connections or maybe it was excellent... tend to work at all. Anything lower is so laggy it's completly unplayable. Almost to the extent that online play shouldn't have been put in the game at all.

Mortal kombat ran really well too bad though, becuase its a fucking terrible game.

LukeSmith

I havent had problems with GG other than an occasional hiccup and the expected frame or two of lag. But my internet connection is pretty solid. XBL TJ Scoot. PM if you wanna play.

Dave Long

Banned
It's all relative. I've played two guys from Philly. I live in Reading. Both times it was perfect. I may as well have been in the same room with them. I also played a guy in SoCal and that was perfect too. No lag. Finally, there was one other matchup I got with someone in Arizona. That was nearly unplayable.

Internet connections vary greatly. Therefore, with games that require split-second timing, gameplay will vary based on that varying connection. If you have friends locally or you choose to take on random opponents with "excellent" or "good" connections, you'll probably find the experience very enjoyable.

Dave Long

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
dave: ill have live soon, we'll play. Fear my baiken!

Awesome! We had a tourney at Cathcart's over the weekend. I was seeded #2 in the final bracket and lost to the #7 guy in the first round (best of three matches). I swear he was sandbagging. I had only lost one match before that. :(

I took my opponent to the max in SF3: Third Strike, but I couldn't seal the deal and went out early in that one too. Ah well...there's always next time.

Top Bottom