• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam SEED fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
B0002B55I4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Awesome :D

Anyone know if the extra ep will be on the final dvd?

Chrono

Banned
BEST ANIME EVER BEST ANIME EVER BEST ANIME EVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!

:D :D :p

ahem. What extra episode? I know of a 5 minute ova that was supposed to be a prolouge for the end of the series; it will be on the last DVD.

Hey cloudy, I just finished Gundam Seed and didn't have anyone to talk to about it.. :(

I'm just wondering the general reaction SEED fans had on:

FREY! poor girl :( Everybody thought she hated Kira and was using him (I was watching seed when it was being subbed then got cut off for 6 months till now =\) but at the end of the series she says she's glad he's alive and when she-*sniff*-dies she says she'll protect him with her REAL feelings.. at the beginning she hated him but then fell in love with him and only recognized it at the end. It messed me up good. It wasn't enought though, imo, that we got to know that at the end. She needed more air time dammit!

oh and this is off-topic but at the same time Seed was airing wolf's rain got licensed.. since I was away from my good pc at the time and so away from fansubs/anime but now I have all the episodes. I just want to ask whoever is reading this thread (since you're obviously anime fans and at least watched SEED- one of the big ones airing w/ wolf's rain) about "woofnick's" subs.. are they a good group? 7 episodes are subbed by them and if they're bad I'll just wait for the DVDS (I'm getting them anyway).

Cloudy

Banned
BEST ANIME EVER BEST ANIME EVER BEST ANIME EVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!

Agreed!!! :D

What extra episode? I know of a 5 minute ova that was supposed to be a prolouge for the end of the series; it will be on the last DVD.

Yeah, that one. It was nice closure for the series :)

Yah, the last few eps were pretty rough but I enjoyed how unpredictable (for the most part) it all was. To tell the truth, Bajiru's, Fraga's and the Astray girls deaths were more sad to me :( I didn't like Fray at all :p

Cloudy

Banned
oh and this is off-topic but at the same time Seed was airing wolf's rain got licensed.. since I was away from my good pc at the time and so away from fansubs/anime but now I have all the episodes. I just want to ask whoever is reading this thread (since you're obviously anime fans and at least watched SEED- one of the big ones airing w/ wolf's rain) about "woofnick's" subs.. are they a good group? 7 episodes are subbed by them and if they're bad I'll just wait for the DVDS (I'm getting them anyway).

Those eps were pretty good to me but I'm not picky about that kind of stuff. Hell, no one else was subbing it :p

Chrono

Banned
Cloudy said:
Yah, the last few eps were pretty rough but I enjoyed how unpredictable (for the most part) it all was. To tell the truth, Bajiru's, Fraga's and the Astray girls deaths were more sad to me :( I didn't like Fray at all :p

I never even noticed the astray girls' death.. =\ Fraga's and Bajiru's sacrifices affected me as much as frey's.. OK maybe less. Frey, as she says to kira after her death, was just confused and didn't know anything. THAT'S why I hated Gundam Seed at the end a little bit. All of this time we're thinking "man what a bitch that frey is" and at the end she honestly loved Kira and wanted him to be safe. It was abrupt and disturbing discovering that at the end and then MINUTES after it she is murdered by pscyho-clone kuruze..

*sigh*

This happens to me every time I finish a huge (50 episodes +) anime series in a marathon. It usually takes a couple of days for my brain to "settle down" but Gundam SEED is taking longer. I guess I was just fascinated by the world, gundams, characters, stories, and awesome music. It's the first anime of that kind that I've seen. I watched cowboy bebop and other space anime, and of course war ones but Gundam SEED just kicked my butt and left an emotional tear bigger then any other anime-- even the ones that I think are just as good or even better.

to tell you the truth I sort of hate it.. I might not get the DVDs early just to not "go through" everything again knowing the ending.

Chrono

Banned
I did. :(

Great, great anime. :)

Gundam SEED, however, has a great edge over it because of the action. Saikano was focused on the love story and "war is bad" theme but SEED just pulled you in all with amazing technology and battles. Especially the last one. G.E.N.E.S.I.S. >>> *

Gunam SEED... one my favorite anime series, and probably the best Gundam series. I loved every episode, there was always a twist and such. Awesome, I'm definitely getting that box set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom