• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gungrave OD = $14.99 @ cduniverse.com

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a huge Gungrave fan and with the anime just released to the states it begs to be purchased. Funny thing is I finally got my $22 Front Mission 4 game from these guys today. Talk about irony.........

Rhage

Uh, why you guys jumping on this? It's not a deal apparently, but the regular price.

$15 before it's even out. I'd say that's not a good sign.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just cause a game is cheap doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the game is poor. And yeah, some of us know it's MSRP...we stated it in different Gungrave thread

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/30/news_6106025.html

Mastiff Games today announced what it is calling the "Can't Lose" deal for its upcoming title Gungrave: Overdose. The game will retail for the low price of $14.99 and will include about $20 worth of free goodies, Mastiff says.

The over-the-top action shooter is slated to ship this month, and anyone who purchases the game before March 2005 will receive a three-issue trial subscription to the monthly multi-format game magazine Play. In addition, a limited-edition collectible card featuring artwork from the Gungrave anime, currently being released on DVD in the US by Geneon Entertainment, will be included inside the game's package.

Rhage said:
Uh, why you guys jumping on this? It's not a deal apparently, but the regular price.

Cuz I highly doubt there's going to be a large print run.

Soul4ger

I really like Mastiff, but why did they have to go and allign themselves with Play? Nyargh.

And I bought the original GunGrave for $7. Hah! Top that, jooey!

Milkman

Rhage said:

Before you let your theories run away with themselves...

I talked with Mastiff before they announced this deal, and they told me that with the anime just having been released, and future iterations in the series planned, they wanted to get the game in as many hands as possible, and that this was the best way to do it, in the hopes of building a solid fan-base in preparation for things to come. At $15, even someone with a passing interest could say "Well for $15 I can't go wrong either way."

As much as I would love to see other publishers do stuff like this, I don't expect to see it become a runaway trend, but as a fan of Gungrave, I'm glad to see them take this bold initiative. I hope it works out for them.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gungrave has the coolest character in the history of video games (the guitar playing dude)

Top Bottom