• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hairy legs - hot or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grubdog

Banned
On guys, I mean. I'm 17, I have really hairy legs (and arms, and lots of body hair), i've never even thought about doing anything about it, it's normal to me. But today a girl said "eww" while pointing to my hairy legs. I said wtf and she told me she never saw so much hair on a guys leg before, apparently most guys she's dated have had NO hair on their legs. WTF? Do guys shave their legs? The idea just seems so... wrong.. to me. Do any girls here like hairy legs or "shaved" legs?

SyNapSe

Grubdog said:
On guys, I mean. I'm 17, I have really hairy legs (and arms, and lots of body hair), i've never even thought about doing anything about it, it's normal to me. But today a girl said "eww" while pointing to my hairy legs. I said wtf and she told me she never saw so much hair on a guys leg before, apparently most guys she's dated have had NO hair on their legs. WTF? Do guys shave their legs? The idea just seems so... wrong.. to me. Do any girls here like hairy legs or "shaved" legs?

Stay natural, if you shave it just grows back faster. If you really want to get rid of it, wait until you get out of school and have the money for laser blah blah blah treatments that permanently remove the shit.

Grubdog

Banned
SyNapSe said:
Stay natural, if you shave it just grows back faster. If you really want to get rid of it, wait until you get out of school and have the money for laser blah blah blah treatments that permanently remove the shit.
Yeah, I think I will, i'm not planning to shave them, or laser treatment or anything. I'll stay natural because it's what i'm comfortable with, i'm just curious about the issue though.
Saturnman said:
Being beastly or gay is his choice then. :)
I guess i'm beastly then. :p

MIMIC

Banned
Some of my friends have NO fucking hair at all. I mean, when I was a freshmen in HS, I already had a full-blown mustache. Some of my graduating class of '04 friends only had peach fuzz.

WTF??

Dyne

I'm pretty hairy, I'm your age too. Though, I'm blond, so it doesn't matter. Heh!

Though my chest hair is darker for some reason.

I have fairly hairy legs (well, compared to most Asians anyway); I didn't like it at first (when I was younger), but now don't mind it (I think it is "neat" now :p). I wouldn't shave them unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

SyNapSe

xsarien said:
OLD WIVES TALES GET!

No, it's true. I can confirm and I'm not an Old Wife. I'm not crazy hairy, but I have black hair/very dark brown sometimes.. it really stood out when I got some hair on my chest/belly area.. so, I decided to shave it finally around 20 or so.. it grew like crazy.

powder.jpg

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm sure you could find a scientific site about this but....there's been several tests about the old "shave it and it grows back more" tale. It's totally false. Will your subjective feeling about the hair be different (touch, the way it grows in,etc.)? Of course. But it's absolutely false.

It's false. they're no way cutting hair will affect it's growth rate. Same thing with nails. They don't grow back faster do they?

It just seems like it grows back faster/thicker(another tale).

ehh, that "shaving then it grows back more" IS bullshit, cause i can't grow facial hair very fast, but i shave every couple days cause i dont want to look scruffy. it hasn't grown back any faster or more rapidly in all the years ive been shaving. its false ladies!

Loki

Count of Concision
Real men don't wax or shave their legs. Period. Legs are supposed to be somewhat hairy; unless you can't see your skin at all through the dense covering, you're ok. These modern chicks need to wake up and realize that not everybody's a model or an MTV girl-toy who shaves/waxes their entire body. Lame.

The chest you can make somewhat of a case for, but not much...unless you're totally being overtaken by the hair. :p Don't be a <Ahnuld> girly-man </Ahnuld> -- don't shave your legs. :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought leg hair was sexy, I like to think I have the right amount.

The shaving and growing back thicker part is very true, I guess some of you missed that educational episode of Seinfeld.

Zaptruder

Banned
What does happen when you shave natural hair is that it grows back 'thicker'

that is the individual strands of hair are wider than they normally are.

a naturally grown out hair will taper, where as shaved hair normally cut to the base will grow out at the same thickenss as it was at the base.

As a result, the hair DOES look thicker than it was before... and it's noticable.

On the otherhand... waxing does have a real effect of giving not only finer hair growth but less; ripping out the hair from the roots has a chance of damaging some of the hair follicles - rendering it unable to produce hair in the future. But generally, the hair will look finer because it grows back naturally and tapered.

Drensch

These modern chicks need to wake up and realize that not everybody's a model or an MTV girl-toy who shaves/waxes their entire body. Lame

But to be fair, you'd better be ready to play ball if you want her to do some grounds keeping as well.

I have guy friends who are pretty damn hairy and they all have girlfriends.

And I used to date a girl who found my lack of body hair (I'm Asian) a turn off :(

Loki

Count of Concision
Drensch said:
But to be fair, you'd better be ready to play ball if you want her to do some grounds keeping as well.

My, err, "grounds" are well-kept. ;) But that has nothing to do with legs (my legs at least-- her's had damn well better be shaved :p).

Guys, please don't shave your legs. It'll just set a standard, then all girls will expect us to do it, like we expect them to.

Vormund

I saw this guy with chest hair coming out of the neck of his T-shirt.

I think that's the only time I ran while vomiting.

aoi tsuki

i never decided whether to shave my legs with my pubes, so i just let it all grow out. The girl i'm currently with has no complaints.

Edit: i should post that on grouphug.us.

J2 Cool

the last girl I was with was confusing as hell. When I first met her she said any guys who shave anything are gay. Then months later she wanted me to trim my armpits and pubes. "Not shave... just trim". She said my legs were pretty hairy also and said its kinda gross. Then she decided she didnt want me to trim them cause its gay. I dunno. I think she was confused between wanting a guy and a completely waxed boyband boytoy. She also wanted no facial hair. I miss a day of shaving and she'd mention it. Glad that shit's over though she was a beauty.

I love hair, as long as you can see through it and not get tangled, it's pretty damn hot. Nothing wrong with it, just keep it within control and you're fine. Leg and arm mean so little though, worry more about chest and facial hair. Pubic hair as well. I must say a shaven crotch is mighty sexy.

Boogie9IGN said:
I don't relish the idea of shaving my legs, but they are a bit hairy

This is why I love you, Dario. You do everything right.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm not shaving anything other than my face. Too much work, too much pointless work.

A more interesting question would be: Would you find it OK if women stopped shaving their legs?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Men shouldn't be shiny, but you should't go around looking like an ape, either. If ya gotta trim, ya gotta trim, but only in extreme circumstances. Don't let machismo die to metrosexuality in other words.

i'd just leave it. I once shaved my chest and it itched like a motherfucker for days and days. Never again. And through my experience, most girls don't really give a shit about that stuff anyway.

Loki said:
Real men don't wax or shave their legs. Period. Legs are supposed to be somewhat hairy; unless you can't see your skin at all through the dense covering, you're ok. These modern chicks need to wake up and realize that not everybody's a model or an MTV girl-toy who shaves/waxes their entire body. Lame.

The chest you can make somewhat of a case for, but not much...unless you're totally being overtaken by the hair. :p Don't be a <Ahnuld> girly-man </Ahnuld> -- don't shave your legs. :D

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom