• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 going gold Monday?!?

http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4221&st=0&#entry76575

From Gabe himself?

Update: Looks like it might be fake.

Fool's Gold After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate. We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Meh, the words that come out of that man's mouth mean next to nothing to me. I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully we see it... :D

8ball2.gif

Timan

Developer
Did he say what week? what month? what year?

They said sept for hl2, but they never said 2003 :p

Burger

Member
Erik from Valve said they will add more preload content over the next couple of weeks.

The preload content in it's current state (500mb compressed, 1g uncompressed) contains most of the textures HL2 needs to run.

Looks like Sept 30th.

Stryder

Member