• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2. How much will it sell?

About half what the first sold, even if it blows the doors off of the first one, game-wise. PC games are suckin' wind at retail...even for big action titles. The Sims and that sort of thing are the big sellers now.

rastex

Banned
500,000 with 10million copies downloaded. The 500,000 will be from LAN centers and a few upstanding citizens.

teepo

MightyHedgehog said:
About half what the first sold, even if it blows the doors off of the first one, game-wise. PC games are suckin' wind at retail...even for big action titles. The Sims and that sort of thing are the big sellers now.

actually, pc games are selling better then ever.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
teepo said:
actually, pc games are selling better then ever.

You sure about that? I believe a precious few PC games are selling VERY well, but virtually everything else is left to rot on the store shelves.

Phoenix

Depends on how much people have to upgrade to run it. DOOM3's sales are going to be hurt by people who can't run it while many more casual games such as Sims2 tend to run on more 'commodity' hardware.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's the system requirements for The Sims 2 anyway? The graphics seemed to be pretty good but I guess people with a low Geforce will still be able to play it

Phoenix

Wario64 said:
What's the system requirements for The Sims 2 anyway? The graphics seemed to be pretty good but I guess people with a low Geforce will still be able to play it

System Requirements:
If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM (such as nvidia GeForce 2 or better or ATI Radeon 7000 or better) then you need at least:

* 600 MHz P3 processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (such as TNT2 or Intel Integrated for example) then you need at least:

* 1.5 GHz processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Recommended video cards (and the more video memory the better):

* ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
* Nvidia Geforce 4 or FX series cards

This is what EBGames lists as the requirements. Maxis always goes for requirements that they think that most people (not necessarily gamers) will have in their machines.

neptunes

Phoenix said:
Depends on how much people have to upgrade to run it. DOOM3's sales are going to be hurt by people who can't run it while many more casual games such as Sims2 tend to run on more 'commodity' hardware.

See thats the thing. HL2 doesn't require a super computer to run good.

If you purchased your pc within the last 2 years, chances are that you'll be fine.

CVXFREAK said:
1.5 Million worldwide

A lot more than that, if people really want to play CS:Source

LakeEarth

dr-evil.jpg

One... hundred... BILLION COPIES!!

Top Bottom