• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2 'officially' gold (release date inside)

Bristow

Banned
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/18/news_6110764.html

Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and announced, finally, its release date: November 16.

wallpaper_half-life_2_04_1024.jpg

Time to upgrade!

Sweet. as. ****.

Got an exciting feeling about how good this game will be.

Is this a worldwide release date, or just on US soil? If its worldwide that puts me in the following position:

NOV 1/3: PStwo release in Europe
NOV 11: Halo 2 / Possible Xbox Purchase
NOV 12: Paper Mario 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
NOV 16: Half Life 2
NOV 21: Possible Nintendo DS import
NOV 26: Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (store date, unconfirmed by big N)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
radioheadrule83 said:
NOV 1/3: PStwo release in Europe
NOV 11: Halo 2 / Possible Xbox Purchase
NOV 12: Paper Mario 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
NOV 16: Half Life 2
NOV 21: Possible Nintendo DS import
NOV 26: Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (store date, unconfirmed by big N)

Dont forget

NOV 5: Football manger 2005
NOV 19: PES Xbox

best.month.ever.

FriScho

So it's 100% offical! YEAH!
They really should unlock the steam version now. Why waiting for Vivendi, this sux.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Poor Metroid Prime 2. It gets steamrolled by Halo 2 the week before, then ass raped by Half-Life 2 and MGS3 on its release day.

Bristow

Banned
Yeah, H2/HL2/MP2 are in it for the long haul. All three will sell very well. It's all the other good games this fall/winter that are going to suffer. :(

FriScho

There is even more if you like PC games, too:

Nov 11: Halo 2
Nov 12: Paper Mario 2 + The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Nov 16: Half Life 2
Nov 17: Pirates + Dungeon Lords
Nov 21: Nintendo DS Japan
Nov 25: The Fall
NOV 26: Prince of Persia 2 + Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Drexon

Banned
Didn't these companies struggle to get a little room between the release dates? :lol :lol :lol What went wrong?!

Ferrio

Banned
DopeyFish said:
damn right they are. They still don't have all the maps or all models in the game yet.

Not to mention a horrible bug. Hope they fix it soon, stupid asshats using it.

Well this is news to me. With all the hype about CS source here, no one mentioned there were any problems. I guess I will hold off on purchasing just a little longer (Was gonna wait till an actual release date was announced to make sure Vivendi wasn't gonna dick around), but not if it doesn't get me anything worthwhile.

Mashing

FriScho said:
There is even more if you like PC games, too:

Nov 11: Halo 2
Nov 12: Paper Mario 2 + The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Nov 16: Half Life 2
Nov 17: Pirates + Dungeon Lords
Nov 21: Nintendo DS Japan
Nov 25: The Fall
NOV 26: Prince of Persia 2 + Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Oh shit.. Pirates! comes out that week? Decisions, decisions...

ManaByte

Gold Member
ravingloon said:
Well this is news to me. With all the hype about CS source here, no one mentioned there were any problems. I guess I will hold off on purchasing just a little longer (Was gonna wait till an actual release date was announced to make sure Vivendi wasn't gonna dick around), but not if it doesn't get me anything worthwhile.

There's a naming bug little fucktards are using that crashes everyone on the server. I only play in McP's Gamegrid, and they file complaints with the fucktard's ISP whenever they do it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Personally I'd much rather keep the 1 model per team with CS:S. In beta I thought it was temporary, but it has improved my reflexes in the game, so...

Claus

Banned
Ferrio said:
Not to mention a horrible bug. Hope they fix it soon, stupid asshats using it.

Which one? The %n bug or the console command they unwittingly left in that lets you see through the walls?

Hooker

I'd rather have them fix the bug where you can enable the map overview with player locations while still alive (and transparent at that as well)

ManaByte

Gold Member
EviLore said:
Personally I'd much rather keep the 1 model per team with CS:S. In beta I thought it was temporary, but it has improved my reflexes in the game, so...

I agree.

Claus said:
Which one? The %n bug or the console command they unwittingly left in that lets you see through the walls?

I think the naming bug is worse since it crashes everyone out.

Eric-GCA

Banned
ugh, too many damn games in November, will publishers ever learn? Its not good to strech a consumers wallet so thin.

I think I will bite the bullet in the next day or so then. These seem like pretty major issues that aren't gonna be neglected. Agree about the 1 player model, though. I always prefer shooters to have the enemy in 1 model.

Vampires on Nov. 9th is a mistake. If that game is as good as I hope (Buffy meets Deus Ex), it's just gonna get lost in that list. They should have delayed until early next year.

P.S. Don't know how common it is, but Best Buy has free Vampire tee shirts for all pre-orders.

Top Bottom