• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2 out on Thursday???

Drexon

Banned
The Steam thing is only if you got the coupon right? Not CS:CZ? Or can I preload it anyways and start it with the code I get from the game?

goodcow

I thought it still wasn't going to be released until a thirty day CS test... did that happen? (I don't care about CS, so I don't pay attention to news surrounding it)

Burger

There isn't any point in doing that. CS:S is Steam only, so if you want to play, you have to update.

They have released like 3 patches in the past few days, it is a much more robust system than having all these different executables and different versions floating around.

They could release HL2 in 10 days and release 4 patches before it even hits the stores using the preload/update system in Steam.

(my guess is end of Sept).

epmode

goodcow said:
I thought it still wasn't going to be released until a thirty day CS test... did that happen? (I don't care about CS, so I don't pay attention to news surrounding it)
there's no word on when the beta will end.
nubbe said:
Predownloads on Steam is starting today... so it should be out rather soon
as of last week, the preload is only comprised of parts that won't change with further debugging: music, sound effects, speech..

i'm predicting a late september, early october release, but who knows with this company.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
hard to believe its been almost a year since the source code was stolen. I remember people laughing when a year delay was possible.

epmode

Drexon said:
What happend to the Sep 3rd date? :(
there was no september 3rd date. unless you're going by eb or best buy or whatever. they're just as clueless as we are.

the only official release date was for september 30th of last year.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, I wasn't expecting to buy this game but now I finally have a decent video card....time to plop down $50

Phoenix

I'm looking forward to this for my multiplayer fix. Doom3 multiplayer is shit and Tribes: Vengance looks to not be up to my expectations unfortunately.

Top Bottom