• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 2 august 24th??? WTF???

Jesiatha

---- said:
The story that unfolded across thirty sites was written by Sunburst and World Fantasy award-winning, Canadian author, Sean Stewart, engineered by Jordan Weisman and masterminded by Elan Lee, both of Microsoft.

Elan Lee is no longer at MS. I'm not sure about Jordan Weisman.

impirius

Marconelly said:
What the hell was that campaign about? Any links to it?
They had an ad campaign leading up to the Playstation launch. They had two 'slogans'; keep in mind that the 'E' is red in both of these.

UR NOT E
ENOS LIVES

"You are not ready"... get it? The second one meant "Ready ninth of September", the day of the PS launch.

Joe

what's a better way to create an internet buzz than to make a crazy, cryptic, and weird website like that? this campaign so far is probably working better than expected for MS.

BeOnEdge

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
whta.. you think casuals would give a shit about some odd ball campaign? How many do you think will go online and try that Ilovebees link. This isn't even on the readily catchy funny UR(RED)E campaign that Sony had. Preaching to the converted isn't really going to get them more sales.

:roll eyes:

i didnt know halo was a comedy.

Let this die already, please.

the haters!!! omg!!! the haters!!!

FightyF

Banned
If there is a demo, it would be a much wiser move to pack it in with a game. Remember the MGS2 demo?

It would guarentee sales for a crappy MS game at the same time. Any MS games coming out on August 42th?

BeOnEdge

Banned
more important question is does microsoft have any major releases coming out between the 24th and nov. 9th. if the zanzibar demo that oxygen hinted at comes on aug 24th and it is indeed live playable, no ones gonna wanna play anything else. even released as a $5 demo for those without LIVE, it would become the top seller thru november. all speculation but its possible.

BuddyC

i hate to break it to you, but i don't know if the e3 demo supported split-screen multiplay. all we ever saw was System Link play.

p.s. - it's a media blowout, not a demo disc.

BeOnEdge

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
i hate to break it to you, but i don't know if the e3 demo supported split-screen multiplay. all we ever saw was System Link play.

good. another way to sell more xboxes and ethernet cable.

You are seriously batshit insane.

LOL. hey. he was right here and kept ignoring my responses. if you think about it, it COULD happen. the first LIVE beta test WAS the zanzibar level. the dare i say complete demo at e3 WAS ALSO the zanzibar level. 2 people, including oxy mentioned demos dont have to come from finished games BUT e3 demos so its definately possible.

p.s. - it's a media blowout, not a demo disc

theres media released every 2 weeks from bungie as well as other media all over the place already. why countdown to MORE media? that doesnt seem to make sense to me. "windows 95 released to the unexpecting public" they didnt release win95 media to the public. it was something tangible. not screenshots and commercials.

element said:
probably the demo from E3. Many companies are packaging the demos from E3. MS has been doing it with their E3 demos for two years now.

again i say hmmmmmmmm. he was refering to me talking about the burnout 3 demo thats out but why then mention MS?

BuddyC

BeOnEdge said:
theres media released every 2 weeks from bungie as well as other media all over the place already. why countdown to MORE media? that doesnt seem to make sense to me. "windows 95 released to the unexpecting public" they didnt release win95 media to the public. it was something tangible. not screenshots and commercials.

we're talking full information and media blowout here - multiplayer modes, gametypes, weaponry, levels, single-player details...

...that's what bungie has been hinting at all summer, and that's the stuff they've been teasing us with for some time.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You just have to look at all the CENSORED's in the weekly updates to see theres a mountin of stuff in Halo 2 that bungie havent let us in on.

BeOnEdge

Banned
almost all the other stuff besides single player play has already in some way been talked about already. i think back in OXM they showed a few of the MP levels already. weapons have already been talked about too. the "full media blowout" already happened after e3 IMO.

BuddyC

Mr_Furious said:
(might've been posted already but didn't care to read through 3 pages of posts to find out so forgive me if this is redundant)

Don't worry, the whole thread is rather redundant anyways.

BuddyChrist83 said:
Don't worry, the whole thread is rather redundant anyways.

You just need to post a couple of sad gifs and it will be redundant with so many GAF threads too! ^_^

BeOnEdge

Banned
ohsnap.gif

BeOnEdge

Banned
Registrant:
Margaret's House of Bees
Margaret's House of Bees
2370 Market Street #510
San Francisco, CA 94114-1575
US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: ILOVEBEES.COM
Created on: 14-JUN-04
Expires on: 14-JUN-09
Last Updated on: 15-JUL-04

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Efendi, Margaret ladybee777@hotmail.com
Margaret's House of Bees
Margaret's House of Bees
2370 Market Street #510
San Francisco, CA 94114-1575
US
415-248-2617

i just called this number and its dana's voicemail. hahahahahahaha. mailbox is full though.

BeOnEdge said:
The game already has an ESRB rating. The ESRB only grades final copies. That means that the game is finished. Now to be completely honest, I did not buy into any of this stuff until I realized that Halo 2 already had an ESRB rating.

http://www.esrb.com/esrbratings_faqs.asp said:
How are the games rated?

To get a game certified with an ESRB rating, publishers fill out a detailed questionnaire explaining exactly what's in the game, and submit it to ESRB along with actual videotaped footage of the game, showing the most extreme content and an accurate representation of the context and product as a whole. Working independently, three trained raters then view the game footage and recommend the rating and content descriptors they believe are most appropriate. ESRB then compares the raters' recommendations to make sure that there's consensus. Usually, the raters agree and their recommendation becomes final. However, when the raters recommend different ratings, additional raters may be requested to review the game in order to reach broader consensus. Once consensus on a rating and content descriptors is reached, ESRB issues an official rating certificate to the game's publisher.

When the game is ready for release to the public, publishers send copies of the final product to the ESRB. The game packaging is reviewed to make sure the ratings are displayed in accordance with ESRB standards. Additionally, ESRB's in-house game experts randomly play the final games to verify that all the information provided during the rating process was accurate and complete.

That says to me that they give games a rating based on what footage is sent to them and simply double-check it once the game is complete.

Halo was quite obviously going to get an M rating, so I'm not surprised in the least that it already has been deemed an M title.

BeOnEdge

Banned
OMG!!!! my zanbibar theory gets more exciting!!! thanks to mina!

http://www.eii.org/map/ltfrn_103.htm#eastafrica

Tanzania (Zanzibar)
The Potential of Mangrove Conservation in relation to Beekeeping

...Traditionally, beekeeping activity is dominated by men who practice primitive methods of honey harvesting and handling. Traditional beekeeping does not make use of the correct equipment or modern techniques. Instead, honey is harvested by the use of fires or a live torch, which burns the insects to death. The planned project will train women to practice in the modern techniques for beekeeping which will give bees permanent settlement (home) and improve honey production.

In the project area, women have been very keen in conservation initiatives, therefore the beekeeping program will work jointly with conservation of the mangrove ecosystem. If well managed, mangrove trees could supply sufficient pollen grain and nectar for bees. Further, the degraded mangrove areas will be planted as a part of the project program in order to have large areas for hanging beehives in the future. Consequently the promotion of beekeeping project in rural areas will serve as an alternative income source. In addition, the project aims to produce honey and wax for women to sell for more income.

Beekeeping is an activity which can fill the income gap which has been left by the reduced market for products from seaweed farming. The added benefit of the project is that it will also assist in forest management.

http://www.fao.org/waicent/faoinfo/sustdev/WPdirect/WPre0010.htm

Since 1985, both local and international NGOs have increased support to rural women in agriculture, due especially to the formation of WID Units at NGO headquarters and an increase in community based organizations (CBOs). Under the Tanzania Non-Governmental Organization Umbrella (TANGO), many local NGOs are addressing agriculture, livestock and environmental issues, and a growing number are also emphasizing women's empowerment. Grassroots women's groups are also increasing. For example, in Same District Kilimanjaro Region, between 1980 and 1993, 43 women's groups in agriculture and horticulture were formed, 8 in livestock and poultry, 8 in bee-keeping, 4 in fishing and 10 milling groups.

http://www.apicultura.com/apiacta/beekeeping_africa.htm

Beeswax is a very important by-product of traditional beekeeping. Tanzania has been one of largest exporters of wax in the world. In 1973, 275 tons were exported. In Handern District, mean yield/traditional hive, is 15 kg honey. Assuming that 1/2 to 2/3 of harvested wax is obtained for export, the number of colonies must be between 800 thousands to a million. Modern hives were used in "Tanga Inte-grated Rural Development Programme", in north-eastern Tanzania and in Handeni, A beer, "pombe", is prepared from honey. A ratio of 1:15 between wax and honey provides a basis for calculation. Tanzanian-commercial hive and Tanzanian tradi-tional hive are the two recommended blank hives. In order to avoid overcrowding, the carrying capacity of different areas must be investigated[39].

http://uk.encarta.msn.com/text_761562305__1/Tanzania.html

Tanzania, officially United Republic of Tanzania, republic, south-eastern Africa, bordered on the north by Lake Victoria and Uganda, on the north-east by Kenya, on the east by the Indian Ocean, on the south by Mozambique, Lake Malawi, and Malawi, on the south-west by Zambia, and on the west by Lake Tanganyika, Burundi, and Rwanda. The country includes the islands of Zanzibar and Pemba, and other offshore islands in the Indian Ocean. The total area of Tanzania is 945,100 sq km (364,900 sq mi), of which 942,453 sq km (363,882 sq mi) is on the mainland. The capital of Tanzania is Dodoma, located in the centre of the country and the place where the National Assembly meets. The former capital of the country was Dar es Salaam, located on the coast.

Justin

Well they are not going to do a demo because it would be pointless and expensive. What they might do is a open beta for several thousand people. They only have 250 microsoft people testing now and that isnt enought the judge the torrent of people that will be playing then the game is released on NOVEMBER 9th.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Didn't BOE pull almost the exact same story about six months ago before being banned on the old board? Or was that someone else?

BuddyC

fenekku-gitsune said:
Didn't BOE pull almost the exact same story about six months ago before being banned on the old board? Or was that someone else?
No no, it was him. Dunno if he got banned, but I remember he was convinced that November 14th would bring about a downloadable Halo 2 demo, or an early Halo 2 launch. All this based off some commercial that was supposedly running off MTV at the time.

Trust me, you don't forget this kind of stupidity.

FightyF

Banned
^^^That doesn't discount a demo...because a demo would not be used for testing.

I think it's rather obvious that there won't be an early launch for this game.

On the other hand, it's obvious that this date has some significance.

What I'm deciphering is that there is a possiblity that this date will mark a huge media blowout, or the start of an ad campaign, or the release of a new Xbox Live format (that will support clans and all that jazz).

A demo seems plausable to me...especially if it's a pack in demo that's packed in with another MS game (Fable's release date is Sept. 13...). Maybe I'm not considering some factors...but I don't see any reason why a MP demo can't be released.

The reason why I don't consider the possibility of the demo (while I currently think it's feasable) is because it sounds too good to be true. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hey guys, remember how the new EGM says that next month's issue will have a "...top-secret, world exclusive cover story!"?
"...in a few weeks, you'll be able to say hello to an awesome new game that everyone will be dying to play..."

Hmm...and so the plot thickens

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wario64 said:
Hey guys, remember how the new EGM says that next month's issue will have a "...top-secret, world exclusive cover story!"?
"...in a few weeks, you'll be able to say hello to an awesome new game that everyone will be dying to play..."

Hmm...and so the plot thickens

Yup. And guess what date the next issue goes on sale? August 24. Bingo. It's Halo 2.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
HALO 2 DEMO ON EGM MAGAZINE?!?!

Sorry i felt bad for BeOnEdge, thought id give him some hope back.

BeOnEdge

Banned
element said:
you are all insane

says the beekeeper. the 1 day til network throttling ends or whatever I'M guessing refers to the end of the beta test in progress right now. some guy that supposedly works at MS tried to shut me up over at TXB which i found very odd. Buddychrist, the last halo 2 thing i'll admit i was wrong on but that was based off of like 1 peice of info. here we have a whole website that million can see with all kinda of coincidence strewn all over it. this is a totally difference ballgame my friend.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Shouldn't a 'new game' be something actually new and never bevore heard of?

Well, maybe they are talking about this Ilovebees web game, but I don't think they would be so confident people will be duying to play it.

Top Bottom