• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Communicator

Anyone pick up the Halo 2 Live headset made by plantronics?

Looks pretty attractive, but with a $50 price tag I want more than good looks.

Honestly, $50 is a steal compared to some of the similar headsets Plantronics makes.

Still, not buying it. The XBL communicator is fine with me.

border

Apparently it doesn't come with the communicator module that you put into the controller? WTF?

So long as we are discussing ridiculously expensive purchases.....does anyone know if Logitech's Wireless Headset is any good?

No connection to the controller???

WTF?

How the hell is it supposed to work then? Or am I smelling additional $$$ for the adapter?

SuperPac

I bought the Plantronics headset last week -- it's brilliant. It's very light on the ear, has a number of different earbuds that you can swap out to find the right "fit" and it's got noise cancellation (so you can turn up your TV sound and not have it flood through over your mic). Seems a lot more durable than the standard MS headset, too. I'd broken one of those so when I bought a new one I already had the thing that hooks it into the controller port.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Everything I have heard is that it is outstanding as a headset. But I have heard that there will be a 30.00, non-branded version coming out soon.

border

Sounds like both the premium headsets have annoying flaws. Logitech Wireless makes you sacrifice some audio quality, and Platronics makes you someone purchase the connector compnent as an extra (maybe EB sells them used or something)?

The SmartJoy Frag forces you to sit very close to the console and I was hoping for a decent wireless solution =\

Deku Tree

Can you even buy that adaptor separately? Seems kind of crazy that the Halo 2 headset doesn't work out of the box and it doesn't say "adaptor required" on any store web page I've seen.

Top Bottom