• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 DLC requests/ideas.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Why not throw in the rest of the old maps? Has to be easier than making a new one, and everyone wants those online.

more importantly.. BRING BACK THE RACE MODE OR I WILL FLY TO WASHINGTON STATE AND MURDER YOU ALL IN YOUR SLEEP. One of my favorite things to do in a lan party was to play race with ghosts in blood gultch.. I dont understand why it was gotten rid of... :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
StoOgE said:
Why not throw in the rest of the old maps? Has to be easier than making a new one, and everyone wants those online.

more importantly.. BRING BACK THE RACE MODE OR I WILL FLY TO WASHINGTON STATE AND MURDER YOU ALL IN YOUR SLEEP. One of my favorite things to do in a lan party was to play race with ghosts in blood gultch.. I dont understand why it was gotten rid of... :(

i'm sure we'll see both of those, or at least the mpas that were most popular. rocket race was awesome!

i think we'll also see tons of new emblems and possibly new player skins
the arbiter (who is shown in the internal beta build of MP on the dvd), tartarus, johnson, etc?

op_ivy

Teddman said:
ATV, ATV!

after seeing it in the making of dvd, its gonna take a lot of work ;)

i'd also love to see one of those human air crafts come to life. those looked bad ass.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
yeah, LAN co-op or Live co-op would be absolutely ideal... Im not sure if they can do something that complex with DLC.

I think new skins/colors would be really cool too..

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Completely throw out the matchmaker system and institute a normal list based game selection.

Sean

Banned
I would like to see some of the classic maps return - Sidewinder (the PC version with the teleporters going to the base) and Chillout in particular. I'd also like to see some of the PC maps get put in there - Danger Canyon and Death Island.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
As well as that icefield one. That was one of the best CTF maps on the PC.

EDIT: Also Timberland one from the PC version.

Sp3eD said:
As well as that icefield one. That was one of the best CTF maps on the PC.

EDIT: Also Timberland one from the PC version.

I'm expecting this map (Sidewinder) to be one of the first items of DLC we'll see. I remember reading in a Bungie Halo 2 update that the map had been coded and I thought for sure it was going to ship with the retail version of the game. So I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing it in the future <crosses fingers>. The map I hated the most in Halo 1 was "Boarding Action", the one where you were in two large bases seperated by outerspace. That map was very annoying for me (i.e. I get worked over every time I play on it).

SKluck

Banned
I wouldn't have a problem with the matchmaking thing if

A) It didn't take 4 minutes to get into a 5 minute game, rinse/repeat.
B) It was more random (Maybe something other than 8 player collosus slayer 10 games in a row).

Deku Tree

They should have some kind of a downloadable single player "Master Master Chief" tournament just like with Ninja Gaiden. It's not gonna happen but it would be kinda cool.

I wish they saved alot of stat's in single player like they do in Multi. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to implement either.

op_ivy

hang em high and damnation. definitely. sidewinder would be cool too.

i'd like to see some of the other skins for the elites from the single player game as well.
stuff like the prophets guard uniform (red and gold), the heretic (red with googles) and the hertics following elites (gold). oh and the silver elites with the massive helmets too.
on the human side, i'd love to see at least the odsts. they are simply too cool, and really werent featured enough in the game.

Top Bottom