• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2, GTA: SA, and MP2: Echoes

Bishman

I went to EB games today to pre-order GTA: SA and MGS3: SE, and the hype for Halo 2 and GTA: SA is incredible. At the EB I go to, they have a rack for big upcoming games, on the rack was Halo 2, which in fact had 2 racks for it, the other rack was half of GTA: SA and this stupid help jonny see college girl's tits, and MK: Deception.

Where the hell is MP2 on the rack? Even before you enter the store, on the left window, a big pic of CJ from GTA:SA, and MC on the right, you get the idea. The only thing you see about MP2, is in the Gamecube section, which is a pathetic small section compared to the PS2 and Xbox section.

I just don't see how MP2 will sell well compared to Halo 2 and GTA: SA, when stores are helping decide which games sell better than the other. But I guess the blame is on Nintendo.

AniHawk

Well duh. Halo 2 and GTASA should sell over 2 million copies each. MP2 will probably hit a respectable number like 700k again and eventually make it to 1 million like the first Prime did, but Nintendo's main focus this holiday season is the DS.

"I just don't see how MP2 will sell well compared to Halo 2 and GTA: SA, when stores are helping decide which games sell better than the other. But I guess the blame is on Nintendo."

Like you said Nintendo isn't doing enough to promote this title. And it's not like MP2 is going to outsell (or even come close) GTA:SA and Halo2, regardless of advertising.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Jeez, can't you people just accept the fact that Metroid Prime 2 isn't nearly as anticapted as either Halo 2 or GTA: SA?

Deg

Banned
Bishman said:
I went to EB games today

duh. Its oviously more skewed than average at EBgames but Metroid isnt on the same level as Nintendo's big franchises. Its one of their developing franchises right now. I dont think the franchise has the appeal to reach that status IMO. This season is more about the number of games. There's quite afew good exclusive games this season.

aoi tsuki

There's the Metroid Gamecube Bundle, and that insanely stupid "register your games and get an MP2 demo that's shorter than the MP2 trailer" promotion. There may've been a magazine ad, but i don't expect to see anything else for MP2. They've brought back the series from obscurity this gen, but it's not a game that could go head to head with either Halo 2 or GTA: SA in terms of scope.

rawk

Hey, the game doesn't come out for a while yet, and they've been running those "more human than human" ads for a while. Nothing great, but I wouldn't expect real advertising to start yet anyway. I haven't seen any Halo 2 or GTA ads either.

Spike

You went into EB, where the current Vendor for the next 2 months is Microsoft. That's why you see Halo 2 taking up so much floor space. As for GTA:SA, hey, it's GTA.

MP2:E will do respectable sales. Problem is that Nintendo's low-key pushing of their titles will come back to bite them in the ass yet again. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson when MP1 was overshadowed by Splinter Cell Xbox back in 2002. Oh well, they'll make up for it next Christmas with Maturelda. :)

TheDuce22

Banned
Has Metroid ever been a mainstream franchise? I know I for one hated metroid prime, it felt more like a job than a game playing through it.

TheDuce22 said:
Has Metroid ever been a mainstream franchise? I know I for one hated metroid prime, it felt more like a job than a game playing through it.

It sorta is, but there are as many haters as there are fans. For the record, I'm in the hater camp...controls = sux.

Dujour

Banned
The only one I haven't reserved surprisingly is MGS3 because i don't think it'll be hard to find. i only reserved GTA:SA at target because they had this sale that if i did, i'd be able to get the GTA Collection (PSone) for only $10.

Top Bottom