• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 is DONE

GhaleonEB

I can honestly say that there's no more updating on the progress of the game, since the game is done. Finished and shipped to a nebulous region known as RTC (Release To Certification) where it will be dumped from eight digital tapes onto a DVD and go through some final testing. Usually that's just a matter of routine, but we'll be watching our email carefully through next week…

Next week's update will be kinda special, so keep an eye out for it, and in the meantime, we'll keep you posted with every granular detail of what to expect from Halo 2.

:D

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=lastupdatekinda&p=763400

olimario

Banned
How long until I get some decent single player screens?
I hope it doesn't leak. :( If HL2 is any indication, leaking Halo 2 will push its release to late 2005.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just a bit more than a month to go, then all hell will break loose everywhere that is even slightly related to video games.

WordofGod

Banned
This is great news. My most anticipated game of the year is done and good times are definitely on their way. What I want to know is this... Street Fighter (fighting games) were the thing in the 90's. FPS games like Halo are the in-thing now; but what will be the next big thing in the next 5-10 years? First Person Street Fighter ?

WordofGod said:
This is great news. My most anticipated game of the year is done and good times are definitely on their way. What I want to know is this... Street Fighter (fighting games) were the thing in the 90's. FPS games like Halo are the in-thing now; but what will be the next big thing in the next 5-10 years? First Person Street Fighter ?

Hentai Mahjong.

Vlad

WordofGod said:

I'm guessing something similar to the open-ended GTA-style gameplay...

GhaleonEB

WarPig said:
Thank you, Bungie, for not using the phrase "gone gold" anywhere in today's update.

DFS.

Well, it's gone off to certification - it won't go gold until it passes the final cert tests. When Frankie said next week would be special, I suspect that's what he meant: the Gold Announcement.

DFS

The hype around Halo2 is so huge that it may not need commercials, if its actually selling itself without some gamers having experienced the first one.

Have anyone heard of any Halo tournaments to occur before launch?

With possible chances to win Halo2.

So what takes place during this certification? I thought the placement of data on the DVD would be done by programmers who author it in order to minimize loading time and stuff...

ced

As for single player, I am getting my ass handed to me by Legendary. I got to a spot, about ten minutes into the game normally, and have spent three hours trying to beat it. I am not kidding. I foolishly wasted some weapons early on, and now am paying the price. I may start again, take a deep breath and hit it more strategically. Or get someone to coop with me…maybe even Jen from PR or Alta, who actually learned how to play. Finally.

Oh shit.

Actually have to ration ammo this time?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
hehe

19990106l.jpg

Top Bottom