• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Launch Party @ Times Square Toys "R" Us

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that the Toys "R" Us international flagship store in New York's Times Square will become the center of the Halo 2 universe on the evening of November 8, 2004. A number of gamers will even get an early hands-on experience with Halo 2 while they wait for the stroke of midnight.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6975/Halo-2-Launch-Party
it looks like i won't have to worry about preordering after all... they should have plenty there...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god damn, why is all this cool shit always in newyork. wheres my LA events, damnit?

xsarien

daedsiluap
op_ivy said:
god damn, why is all this cool shit always in newyork. wheres my LA events, damnit?

e3_logo.jpg

kthxbye

PhatSaqs said:
That place is going to be a madhouse. Did they do something similar for the console launch?

Yep, Billy was there himself. There's a lot of photos out there from that event, especially of King Dork #1, who officially got the 1st Xbox himself from Mr Gates.

PhatSaqs said:
That place is going to be a madhouse. Did they do something similar for the console launch?
yeah, they did it for the Xbox launch, but i was at home sitting comfortably playing doa3 and halo with the xbox i won that arrived days earlier by fedex overnight :D

i still remember how i had to go to like 10 different stores that week before i could find one that would sell me those games early with no preorder...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
it looks like i won't have to worry about preordering after all... they should have plenty there...
Do you, or anyone else, know if the LE Halo 2 box will be sold at retail after the release launch? Or is that just a preorder type of deal?

Prine said:
Are they even going to profit from Halo 2?

Who? TRU?

Yeah. They get a 20% markup on games, so it will be their #1 or #2 game of the year. And it's the only TRU open at midnight as it's their premier store. Plus it's great P.R. to have a national event.

M3wThr33

Banned
Profit? Xbox? Since when have those two words ever gone together? It's all about market share until the Xenon launch.

How bad does it suck for you west coasters knowing that us east coasters will be playing Halo 2 a full 3 hours before y'all can even crack open the case?

hmm now that i think about it...there gonna be sooooo many people there and that toys r us aint THAT big compared to how many people will probably be there.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
hmm now that i think about it...there gonna be sooooo many people there and that toys r us aint THAT big compared to how many people will probably be there.

Given that just about every EB and probably Gamestop's will also be open, I don't think it will be a problem at all. Most of the 750k preorders aren't at TRU.

sonycowboy said:
Given that just about every EB and probably Gamestop's will also be open, I don't think it will be a problem at all. Most of the 750k preorders aren't at TRU.

thing is, you gotta account for the people that are there picking up thier games, AND then the people that randomly walk thru timesquare and stop in to check out whats going on....

(unless they close thier doors to just the people who are buying halo?)

peace

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
siamesedreamer said:
How bad does it suck for you west coasters knowing that us east coasters will be playing Halo 2 a full 3 hours before y'all can even crack open the case?

:lol , I never thought of that before :)

siamesedreamer said:

http://biz.gamedaily.com/articles.asp?section=news&email=&article_id=8087#8087

Halo 2 will ship simultaneously over three days to 27 countries in eight languages. As you no doubt know, on November 9 North America, South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand will receive the title. Then on November 10, Halo 2 will come to France, Belgium and Switzerland; finally, Japan and the rest of Europe get the game on November 11.

So, Asia, Australia, & New Zealand will be playing it almost a day before the east coasters!

Dujour

Banned
op_ivy said:
E3 damn it. And what, we only get to play it an hour earlier than the rest of the world? >;P I'm taking monday and tuesday off.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Marconelly said:
Do you, or anyone else, know if the LE Halo 2 box will be sold at retail after the release launch? Or is that just a preorder type of deal?
You will be able to find it at retail over Europe at least, I don't know about the US. The LE preorders are huge over here BTW, you better move if you want a copy.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That place is gonna be fuckin filled up, with fat people taking up over 50% of the store.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Serafitia said:
E3 damn it. And what, we only get to play it an hour earlier than the rest of the world? >;P I'm taking monday and tuesday off.

i guess your right...

and i did get to play halo 1 (MP and single) days (a week?) before it came out at that xbox event at universal city :D.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck it, I'll get two copies. Already got one coming from gamestop.com but this sounds like too much fun to pass up.

I'll be there. We gaffers should get together and bring all our friends.... then ENSURE that we get to the front of the line by any means necessary. Fucking pencil necked geeks will not get the first copies!

I'm taking the 9th off.

Wellington said:
Fuck it, I'll get two copies. Already got one coming from gamestop.com but this sounds like too much fun to pass up.

I'll be there. We gaffers should get together and bring all our friends.... then ENSURE that we get to the front of the line by any means necessary. Fucking pencil necked geeks will not get the first copies!

I'm taking the 9th off.

no days off but i might go.

sorry, even the mighty halo 2 cannot make me skip out on school/work.

Wellington said:

I'm taking the 9th off.
sounds like a plan... :D

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wellington said:

I'm taking the 9th off.

Hmmm, let's meet up dude. I'll go if you go.

Top Bottom