• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjoerd

This is soooo going to get me banned, but hell since I never post here anyway...

Halo 2 has been released into the 'underground' scene. It is supposed to be the full game.

Ahh hell why am I posting this since no one is going to believe me :)

Please no 'cancels his pre-order' messages since everybody needs to buy this game!

fse

Wow banning someone... its known its been leaked. Cut some idiot some slack... or not ;)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
f_elz said:
Wow banning someone... its known its been leaked. Cut some idiot some slack... or not ;)
boohoo.jpg

Teddman

Strictly speaking, the topic-starter did not violate the ToS.
E. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.
But since he was cavalier about being banned anyway, it's probably a moot point.

Brannon

Can we sing about it?

Singing is acceptable in all forms of illegal activities. It's how Scarface was able to survive the bullet barrage and begin anew his rise to the top.

It's in a videogame so it must be true.

Brannon

I like the Google Ad below;

--Get a copy of Halo 2 free Get a copy of Halo 2 free--

Seems that is already happening; Google IS the best!

Teddman

Seriously though, it really sucks that it got leaked so fast. I was just talking to a friend (and fellow Halo-fanatic) about how the anticipation level is so high, I couldn't imagine a worker at a pressing plant not jacking a disc. No sooner said than...

Basically I either have to swear off forums for over three weeks, or resign myself to finding out a lot about the game unintentionally. Because word is going to spread like wildfire... I wanted to start playing the game and enjoy all the surprises. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wouldn't affect sales for me. Even if I happened to accidentally come across it and play it for a few weeks, I'd still buy it for multiplayer. Thats MS' one redeeming piracy-proofing feature.

BeOnEdge

Banned
badass if this is true. i hope that it is. lame pirates will be owned. if its real i've always wondered why companies dont do this

Minakke> So does it really work or is it bullshit?
UltraKiller> fuck me..
Minakke> What is it?
HK-freaker> ????
UltraKiller> u know that halo2 for xbox rip? i got a copy of it awhle ago..
UltraKiller> and it ran until it crashed, and nw my modded xbox,the harddrive is wiped out, its like it not showing anything and i heard it spin a lot too
piston-camper> ahahaha!!!HAHA!!
Minakke> Pauvre con... are you serious about this?
UltraKiller> fuck this, now i have to redo my entire xbox and i dont have the files or games i had on it saved anywhere, it was 250 gigs almost fuill of badass shit
HK-freaker> ???!!
HK-freaker> that sucks for, mini whats paver con supposed to be?

pilonv1

UltraKiller> and it ran until it crashed, and nw my modded xbox,the harddrive is wiped out, its like it not showing anything and i heard it spin a lot too
UltraKiller> fuck this, now i have to redo my entire xbox and i dont have the files or games i had on it saved anywhere, it was 250 gigs almost fuill of badass shit

h_primary4.jpg

BeOnEdge said:
badass if this is true. i hope that it is. lame pirates will be owned. if its real i've always wondered why companies dont do this

Minakke> So does it really work or is it bullshit?
UltraKiller> fuck me..
Minakke> What is it?
HK-freaker> ????
HK-freaker> ???!!
HK-freaker> that sucks for, mini whats paver con supposed to be?

1tao5a_awro-lui%20was%20owned.jpg

Gek54

Um...think about that for a minute. That might work for a handfull of people but there would have been instant news that it was bugged, then again it could be a time nuke.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
first, i wouldnt trust anything coming from mina... second, it seems awefully odd that bungie or ms would release a working halo 2 with obviously lots of complete features and spoilers, only to have it eventually crash peoples xboxes... i dunno, crash on start up, maybe... but letting out all of these huge spoilers? i doubt it.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"Hey guys. let's leak a fully functional copy of our game but have it wipe out the user's HDD!"

"Wow what a great idea!"

pilonv1

Someone may have "inserted" something into one of the releases. A very likely scenario since there will be thousands downloading it.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
"Hey guys. let's leak a fully functional copy of our game but have it wipe out the user's HDD!"

"Wow what a great idea!"

who knows if its fully functional if no ones finished it yet? and if the users are pirates then they deserve it. it would be the perfect way to fuck over pirates. release a fucked copy of what will be the most downloaded release on the scene no doubt. i hope its true.

Teddman

Damn, spoilers all over the place. Just a warning if you are perusing the leaked screen shots on the web right now, one shot of a single-player mode level select screen has a very revealing & spoiling description.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Teddman said:
Damn, spoilers all over the place. Just a warning if you are perusing the leaked screen shots on the web right now, one shot of a single-player mode level select screen has a very revealing & spoiling description.

NDS halo connectivity!

border

A lot of late-era PSX games had anti-piracy measures that didn't kick into effect until you were a few levels into the games. There is a good writeup about this by Spyro developers on GamaSutra, if their archive is up. One of the later Spyro games shut down at the end of the third level if it failed checksum tests, and it gave an anti-piracy message too. The only difference here would be that the game shuts down, and fucks up your hardware.

Rlan

I remember that Ooga Booga game on the Dreamcast had some sort of protection which would cause a picture of a pirate to pop up if you tried booting the pirate version.

But the scene hackers allowed you to byoass it, and edited the screen to an advert, keeping the pirate :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Rlan said:
I remember that Ooga Booga game on the Dreamcast had some sort of protection which would cause a picture of a pirate to pop up if you tried booting the pirate version.

But the scene hackers allowed you to byoass it, and edited the screen to an advert, keeping the pirate :)
metallix2.gif

Friend

I'm not surprised Halo 2 got leaked. The shame though is that it has been leaked this early. Any chance of MS releasing the game a little sooner in response or is the November 9th date set in stone?

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
and OMG Reirom was right HOLY FUCK. HE HAS A SOURCE.

GAFFERS AM CRYING

PSP DOOMED NDS DOOMED

GIZMONDO RULEZZZZZZZZZZZ

REIROM if you read this
bow.gif

Irritated...that's how I'm feeling right now...knowing that I'll run into some asswipe's Halo 2 spoiler...

I'm not so irritated with the possibility that it may have been pirated in full, working condition before release...it's practically a given nowadays and that shit's been going on since the Apple/C64 days (early '80s). Hmmm...I think I still might have my copy of the old hex-editor proggie, Copy ][ Plus for the Apple ][ on diskette somewhere in my parent's garage...hell, maybe even a Happy Drive for the Atari 8-bit, too... Kinda miss the olde days of 'sharing' in computer user's groups...when pirating was kinda cool.

*I was a stupid pre-teen Iron Maiden fan back then that didn't quite have the more-fully developed sense of right and wrong I now have.

**I don't mean that Iron Maiden was stupid. In fact, they still rock.

***I'm not condoning piracy as "kinda cool" with my post. It's just that it seemed so when you actually were in a room full of others doing the same thing -- trading copied games in person.

****Please don't ban me for posting stupid piracy-related anecdotes.

Catalyst

Banned
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Although reirom's a moron -- he's the man. Never in a million years would have I dreamed this. And I am crying. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom