• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 - Multiplayer Question...

Okay, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly and if I'm able to do this. Can I specify what type of game I'd prefer when not trying to increase my skill level? Can I make a game [say, slayer, team slayer and ctf], and have anyone [friends/random] just jump in? And vice-versa? If so how'd I go about doing such? Please respond.

SKluck

Banned
The "Playlists" are ranked, and you cannot pick the map, players, or settings. To do that you must create a custom game (which are unranked AFAIK), and invite people you want in your game, people cannot randomly join your custom games.

Thank you for the clarification. Just wanted confirmation. So I really need to get started on building a large friend 'live' list. Thanks.

SKluck

Banned
Yeah, find a big clan. We have the gaffer clan but its full atm. Without a lot of friends or clan, you are doomed to random settings and maps.

I wish Bungie would give an option for a server list AND this matchmaker stuff... maybe in an update. I haven't found one person that likes this system.

SKluck said:
Yeah, find a big clan. We have the gaffer clan but its full atm. Without a lot of friends or clan, you are doomed to random settings and maps.

I wish Bungie would give an option for a server list AND this matchmaker stuff... maybe in an update. I haven't found one person that likes this system.

Bungie has pretty much said there is no chance they will ever implement a server list. Unfortunately, I can not find the thread on their forums at this moment. The phrasing was something along the lines of there will not be a 'fix' since the feature isn't broken. They are working on getting the matchmaking to be quicker though.

For some amusement read some threads on the bungie.net forums. They are more critical and bitchy there then even the most hardened Halo troll is on GAF.

Edit: Found it!

We won't be "fixing" Live if by that you mean will we undo what we've done and give you a big list of games to browse through and join like other Live titles.

Top Bottom