• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 protest?

Gek54

My little sister, who works at the administration office at this mall, calls me up and wants to know about Halo 2. Apparently the EB at the mall was going to stay open until midnight and the local media wanted permision to come in the store to cover the event.

Sis: I need to know if Halo 2 is the game that everyone is protesting against?
Me: Why would they protest it.
Sis:Becuase its similar to the Iraq conflict.
Me:I dont think so, Halo2 is all about fighting space aliens. WTF are you talking about?
Sis: Halo 2, it says in the game that you are chased through hospitals by helicopters and ninjas.
Me: NINJAS????????There are not any ninjas in Halo.
Sis:Well, Are there guys dressed up in uniforms?
Me: There are guys in space suits that fight ugly space aliens.
Sis: Oh...let me call you back....

I didnt get to hear back from her but has anyone heard anything about Halo 2 being protested or have any idea what game she is describing? All I can think was Manhunt being protested a while ago, but ninjas and helicopters sounds like Shinobe. WTF??

EekTheKat

Didn't bungee do a hoax cover that had flaming Ninjas (literally ninjas lit on fire) jumping out of a building attacking or something?

Odysseus

Banned
Gek54 said:
My little sister, who works at the administration office at this mall, calls me up and wants to know about Halo 2. Apparently the EB at the mall was going to stay open until midnight and the local media wanted permision to come in the store to cover the event.

Sis: I need to know if Halo 2 is the game that everyone is protesting against?
Me: Why would they protest it.
Me:I dont think so, Halo2 is all about fighting space aliens. WTF are you talking about?
Sis: Halo 2, it says in the game that you are chased through hospitals by helicopters and ninjas.
Me: NINJAS????????There are not any ninjas in Halo.
Sis:Well, Are there guys dressed up in uniforms?
Me: There are guys in space suits that fight ugly space aliens.
Sis: Oh...let me call you back....

I didnt get to hear back from her but has anyone heard anything about Halo 2 being protested or have any idea what game she is describing? All I can think was Manhunt being protested a while ago, but ninjas and helicopters sounds like Shinobe. WTF??

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."
—Jason Jones
Bungie Studios

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/halo2/

Someone actually bought the sarcastic description? Sweet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds JUST like it.

LOL, I think we need a volunteer to make a cover for this "Halo 2" game.

Must have:
helicopters
ninjas with sadam's face on fire
speed blur for ninjas
hospital

Git!

Gek54

H2FN.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol I love when people overreact about shit they have absolutely no clue about. It sends a bunch happy feelings through my body.

ChrisReid

huzkee said:
LOL, I think we need a volunteer to make a cover for this "Halo 2" game.

Must have:
helicopters
ninjas with sadam's face on fire
speed blur for ninjas
hospital

Git!

Someone already made it a year ago.

Quote:

Sounds JUST like it.

hahaha, yah... everytime i watch fox news or CNN, all I see is our soldiers in Iraq, running through hospitals with a shitload of fucking ninjas on fire chasing them around.. its terrible.

M3wThr33

Banned
At first I had no clue what she was mentioning, then someone mentioned ninjas on fire and it slowly made sense. Haha. That's fricking gold!

Bungie actually had a fake box art up on their website of the scenario explained in the quote. Too bad it's gone now, because it was hilarious.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Maybe she was thinking of Kuma\War. Its a game where the company recreates real war missions into missions in the game. Here are some of the missions:

Mission 1\2, Part 1\2 - Uday and Qusay's Last Stand
Mission 6 - Fallujah Police Station Raid
Mission 9 - Fallujah Abizaid Attack
Mission 10 - Samarra Stryker Brigade
Mission 15 - Mosul - The al Qaeda Connection
Mission 16 - Battle in Sadr City
Mission 20 - Freedom's Heroes: Rangers Lead the Way

A Kerry Mission is also coming out...

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Odysseus said:
"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."
—Jason Jones
Bungie Studios

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/halo2/

Someone actually bought the sarcastic description? Sweet.

:lol Best. Quote. Ever.

Top Bottom