• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 strategy guide: 270K first day

PhatSaqs

Banned
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/11-11-2004/0002404197&EDATE=

THE OFFICIAL HALO 2 GUIDE, a user
strategy guide for the sensationally successful new Halo 2 Xbox video game
sold a whopping 270,000+ copies on Tuesday, November 9th, its first day on
sale across the United States and Canada, becoming one of the fastest-selling
new books of the decade, Random House, Inc. announced today. Published by the
company's Prima Games imprint, the 224 - page trade paperback had a first
printing of 1.1 million copies, and has become the Random House, Inc. title
with the biggest first day on sale since Bill Clinton's MY LIFE release last
June.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if that includes the free strategy guides being given out at Target. Pretty awesome extra..strategy guide is thick too, and most importantly it covers the multiplayer maps and shows where the weapons are and stuff

Fifty

Wow. Can't say I'm shocked though....Heck, I bought a copy, and I hardly ever buy guides. Not because I needed it, just because I was suckered into it since it was Halo 2. Oh well, it should help with the multiplayer maps, it's not a bad guide....just silly that they didn't include any info about easter eggs. I don't think they even mentioned the unlockable multiplayer map!! I also bought the GTA guide....but because of that game's size I felt I had a valid reason.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Wario64 said:
I wonder if that includes the free strategy guides being given out at Target. Pretty awesome extra..strategy guide is thick too, and most importantly it covers the multiplayer maps and shows where the weapons are and stuff
So THATS how you've been doing so well eh? :lol

Microsoft should have just sold the official bundle.

1) 2 Halo2 2 LE
2) 1 Halo 2 Regular version
3) Strategey guide
4) The whole line of action figures
5) Poster
6) 2 T-shirts
7) Key Chain
8) Halo 2 headset
9) LE Halo Controller
10) Master Chief helmet
11) Halo 2 Soundtrack

$1,000

They would have sold a million.

EDIT: I forgot the soundtrack.

Deepthroat said:
Piggyback > Prima

But Piggy is for Europe only I think
Saw their logo on the back of the strat guide available in the U.S.

BTW, 250k+ of those sales are the result of the harrassing GS/EB employees :p

J2 Cool

Mr_Furious said:
BTW, 250k+ of those sales are the result of the harrassing GS/EB employees :p

exactly, when I went to go buy GTA:SA

"And would you like to get the strategy guide for 20% off"
"no"
"Are you sure, it's got a bun.."
"no"
"If you get stuck in the game you can"
"no"
"Put $3 more down on SA and if you scratch it we can repla.."
"No!"

Imagine all the weak willed people who were mauled by this guy.

_Angelus_

Banned
Fifty said:
Wow. Can't say I'm shocked though....Heck, I bought a copy, and I hardly ever buy guides. Not because I needed it, just because I was suckered into it since it was Halo 2. Oh well, it should help with the multiplayer maps, it's not a bad guide....just silly that they didn't include any info about easter eggs. I don't think they even mentioned the unlockable multiplayer map!! I also bought the GTA guide....but because of that game's size I felt I had a valid reason.

Is the guide nicely done? I mean does the guide have atleast half its contents layered in hand drawn or CGI art illustrations? The last guide I bought was Panzer Dragoon Orta,I felt really ripped off. It had some generic layouts,the quality of the guides paper felt rough,almost rigid like to your hands,the actual art was mediocer too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PhatSaqs said:
So THATS how you've been doing so well eh? :lol

Actually not really, I haven't really looked at the guide that much but I glanced at the maps and it shows where the weapon locations are. I've been playing online without using the guide so far, but I'm gonna learn the maps when I have time :p

I'm all skill

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I went to target just so I COULD get this deal. I figure if I can get it for free I might as well, could have some usefull stuff for multi. better than a watch I'll never use. In any case, the target I went to denied the existance of this deal despite having the ad posted at the front of the store.. I didnt feel like putting up much of a fight because I didnt care that much about it :(

Chi-Town

sonycowboy said:
Cmon, we don't need anti-Christian rhetoric here.

Actually, I think his statement is more of an "homage" to one of the biggest foot-in-mouth statements of all time when John Lennon jokingly said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

Top Bottom