• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HALO-LOOK NOW

FinFan

What i meant is Bungie is not intending this site to be a typical game information site.

I decoded a few lines and next to the pic of the elite it says "Our Race". I'm not going to decode all of this stuff but I think it's just another interactive advertisment that Bungie has come up with. very innovative if you ask me.

GhaleonEB

FinFan said:
What i meant is Bungie is not intending this site to be a typical game information site.

I decoded a few lines and next to the pic of the elite it says "Our Race". I'm not going to decode all of this stuff but I think it's just another interactive advertisment that Bungie has come up with. very innovative if you ask me.

The entire approach is to draw people further into the universe. The ILB is an extreme example, but this site certainly pulls you in further than most others. For those not interested in exploring and deciphering, I'm sure all the new media will be hosted elsewhere.

I think it's simply awesome. Discovering those new vechicles was the highlight of my day.

Joe

i must have picked my country 10 times now on halo2.com. everytime i click it, it keeps bringing me back to the country selection page. i just re-installed shockwave player and flash player. what in gods name is going on?

FinFan

GhaleonEB said:
The entire approach is to draw people further into the universe. The ILB is an extreme example, but this site certainly pulls you in further than most others. For those not interested in exploring and deciphering, I'm sure all the new media will be hosted elsewhere.

I think it's simply awesome. Discovering those new vechicles was the highlight of my day.

I agree. And, this site isn't as hardcore of a game the the bees site. You don't a GPS to enjoy it. :D

They also left a few sections unavailable, so that should keep the media and hype trickling out slowly.

skip

Joe said:
i must have picked my country 10 times now on halo2.com. everytime i click it, it keeps bringing me back to the country selection page. i just re-installed shockwave player and flash player. what in gods name is going on?

don't you see? it doesn't matter what country you pick, because WE'RE ALL DOOMED.

Joe

yeah i had it disabled still didnt work.

i got the link to the popup page so im cool now.

what the hell is that ball on the guns page??

PhatSaqs

Banned
cov2.jpg

cov6.jpg

Joe

those two small circle radars at the bottom center. if you click the one on the right and hold your mouse on it the radar picks something up. i had 1 dot, then 2, now the radar has 3 dots.

shpankey

not an idiot
Deepthroat said:
Bungie = RESPECT!

This is so fun! I hope more developers would do these kind of stuff :)

Hell yeah, this fucking kicks ass. Some of you fuckers in here just have ADD, bitches. :)

Joe

i have no idea how you guys found the wallpaper? and i read someone found a password entry box??

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah theres a password box next to the wall papers (click the up button on the slide with the prophets on it)

GhaleonEB

olimario said:
Bungie: "We make fans work like fucking dogs to get scraps of information... and we like it."

Bungie's fans: "Bungie releases information in a format that is fun for fans to sift through. Non-fans need not apply. Especially that whiny Olimario."

GhaleonEB

Deepthroat said:
How's the translation going? I want to read everything! :D

/lazy

This thread over at TeamXBox has a huge chunk of deciphering done. Here's some:

The description of Africa it reads "This is what we came for".

World map :

United States : ''SELLTHEMOURMERCHANDISE''

Sell them out merchandise
^^Hilarious!

Covenent Entry - Covenent Carbine Photo

"Our Race Natural Born Killers"

-Elite Special Op

"Are you still trying to decode this"

-Prophet

"He is the wise mans type of guy. Not wise ass"

-Elite Minor

"Can Kill. All His Base Are Belong To Us"

-Brute

"Everyone forgets about the brute until its too la"

-Elite Carbine

-Jackal
"No Jar Jar"

"Are you still trying to decode this"

-Dual Elite

-Grunt
"Unmasked"

"Come Dian? like eddy and josh who made this site"

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=300799&page=11&pp=15

GhaleonEB

The Faceless Master said:
i wish the 'real fans' would hurry up and find everything so i can look at it...

I'm starting to agree with you - today has been fun, but we were promised movies today and want'em.

Jacobi

Banned
LOL you guys give a shit about wallpapers while I'm playing the actual game (thanks to the incredible xboxwarezscene)

;) just kidding

Lakitu

st5fu
Wow I've certainly missed alot. I feel really out of the loop now, I haven't seen that leaked trailer, or any leaked screens or read any impressions, due to avoiding spoilers and I must admit though, I do feel left out :( I'll prob search this site though, doubt there would be anything there, really revealing.

GhaleonEB

Stryder said:
Where do I want to be clicking to reach the wallpapers section?

Use the hands on the left to scroll to the section where the shape of a Prophet is visable. Enter it with the button on the right. The next two sections are presumably the screens and movies, but they are password-protected. There is a mammoth effort ongoing to figure out the passwords.

Ramirez said:
I just wish I could go to sleep until Nov. 9th :( :p

Seriously...The leak and spoilers have ruined a bit of the magic for me. I'm still trying my hardest, to know the least I can, but I'm still finding things out that I don't want to know. Damn the French bastard who stole Halo 2 from the factory. Damn him!

Trasher

ToyMachine228 said:
Seriously...The leak and spoilers have ruined a bit of the magic for me. I'm still trying my hardest, to know the least I can, but I'm still finding things out that I don't want to know. Damn the French bastard who stole Halo 2 from the factory. Damn him!
STOP SEARCHING FOR THEM THEN! :) lol I know, it's hard, but us Haloers must stay strong. I haven't really found any huge spoilers except that one, which I don't think is that huge anyways.

Top Bottom