• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I didn't say he did, but I was under the impression that they'd do something that'd make it hard for even pros to use close range, like increase the horizontal acceleration speed of the DMR's reticule when it is locked onto someone close range.

That I now see 0% use in the BR.

Inb4 the other half of HaloGAF blocks me.

Faster fire rate, and taking only 4 shots to kill? Seems easier to win a close to medium range fight with the BR than the DMR. It was definitely that way when I played at E3.

CyReN

GTTV Halo 4 Promo

Nothing new shown in the promo, just says we'll see never before seen footage of campaign.

Puck_-_Awww_Yeah.gif

GhaleonEB

I thought the DMR was supposed to be difficult to use close-range? Yet it's your first time playing and you can easily use it close range.

I think we'll need more time to figure out the exact balance. But from my experience and what I've seen, 1) the BR has a slightly faster firing cadence than the DMR, and 2) it has bullet spread, so even if your aim is off a bit, you might still land a bullet or two. Whereas if you miss ONE shot with the DMR you're a full shot behind and are at a disadvantage. (Wu made this observation the other day as well.)

I did not find the DMR difficult to use at close or mid range - but the BR might be a bit better.

I stuck with the DMR because I liked firing a hand canon, though. *kachoom*

No, but there should be a significant skill-gap with the aiming. I'd actually like everything to be more powerful.

The kill times appear to be fast, so I think the power is there. If you want to see someone with less skill playing, watch this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DTF9bpwAI

I really like what I've seen so far from the footage. HUD wise, the shield indicator is nice and fat and degrades from right to left like it should. Glad to see that back from Halo 3.

Dude, you try. It's really sluggish and that was my first time trying.
Nah I believe you, I just had to laugh when you got it stuck in a cave and blew it up with plasmas. Also when you were in a ghost and saw a warthog, you got out to shoot it lol

Good gameplay though.

BigShow36

And maybe heckfu's skill was above the guys he was facing...

Unless their skill-differential is great, which it isn't judging by the footage, 5-shot kills should not be commonplace.

Of course, this is under my blanket assumption that a competitive first-person shooter should have a shooting skill-gap.

Damn right brother.

12511-67.gif

Also when you were in a ghost and saw a warthog, you got out to shoot it lol

lol - Also just hit me that heckfu blame the Banshee hahah

Unless their skill-differential is great, which it isn't judging by the footage, 5-shot kills should not be commonplace.

Of course, this is under my blanket assumption that a competitive first-person shooter should have a shooting skill-gap.

Honestly, I think the only Halo games where the minimum shots to kill weren't commonplace were in Halo 1 (obviously) and Halo 3 (BR inconsistencies).

So when's this video coming out anyway?? I saw people saying tomorrow, I saw others saying today...

I feel like Luke Smith's quote about the DMR will be more accurate in Halo 4 with the no bloom.

"it's like everyone's got a death star in their hands"

edit: Luke alone made that the best Halo Vidoc ever.

BigShow36

Luke gave the best line ever with "Campaign sets this amazing table...but multiplayer's your meal...and I could eat it every goddamn day."

And people wonder why I'm so skeptical of what the developer tells us?

Honestly, I think the only Halo games where the minimum shots to kill weren't commonplace were in Halo 1 (obviously) and Halo 3 (BR inconsistencies).

I'm not disagreeing with you there.

GhaleonEB

Luke gave the best line ever with "Campaign sets this amazing table...but multiplayer's your meal...and I could eat it every goddamn day."

I think that's a combination of two Lukes:: Luke Smith said the setting the table part, and Luke Timmins the latter. So make that Luke Lukes and your post is correct. :p

senador

Banned
My hope is the just show one more campaign level, and leave the rest for launch.

Plenty of MP and Spartan Ops, and other stuff, to show yet.

Me too. Leave the rest for surprise.

So you're okay with them revealing more and more of the campaign, which should be secret, and withholding information on the new, convoluted, confusing Multiplayer, which shouldn't be a secret?

They haven't revealed much at all about Campaign, it's mostly been about the process that got them there and some of the iterations it all went through. I like what they've been showing vs what Bungie showed which was too much IMO.

I don't feel they are withholding multiplayer info, just haven't fleshed it out in an ideal way. Far from ideal you might say, but not what you seem to think they are doing.

BigShow36

They haven't revealed much at all about Campaign, it's mostly been about the process that got them there and some of the iterations it all went through. I like what they've been showing vs what Bungie showed which was too much IMO.

We know a ton of stuff about the new enemey, which could/should have been a big surprise. We know approximately when to expect them in the campaign. We know the Covenant will be working with them sometimes.

To me, those are pretty big campaign revelations that would have been more impactful if they were saved for release. I'm not claiming we know everything or know all the secrets of the campaign, but I just think there are better ways of hyping the campaign. At this point, I feel like I'll be playing campaign to connect the pieces together rather than with a sense of immersion or exploration.

We should also know way more about the MP at this point, especially considering all the changes they're making.

-spoilers, spoilers everywhere!-

Thank you. Thank you very much for that first thing.

but I forgive you

We plan to add an option for weapons on the map and choosing starting weapons, yeah.

[In reference to them considering less Sniper bullets] Cuz we were trying to make the sniper not so powerful, but we changed our minds about that. We're instead slowing its rate of fire slightly, plus we're making the pistol just like it is in Halo CE (12 bullet clip + slightly faster rate of fire).

Just saying.. If you haven't already, try out Murder Miners! Definitely gonna be interesting to see how it plays out on XBL ;]

wwm0nkey

So you're okay with them revealing more and more of the campaign, which should be secret, and withholding information on the new, convoluted, confusing Multiplayer, which shouldn't be a secret?

Its not like they are revealing the ENTIRE thing man and we are still in the dark about plenty of things regarding SP.

BigShow36

Thank you. Thank you very much for that first thing.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, which just proves my point. Everything I posted has been posted here before as well as from multiple other sources. They're spoilers that 343 has propogated while they hold MP stuff close to their chest.

We know a ton of stuff about the new enemey, which could/should have been a big surprise. We know approximately when to expect them in the campaign. We know the Covenant will be working with them sometimes.

To me, those are pretty big campaign revelations that would have been more impactful if they were saved for release. I'm not claiming we know everything or know all the secrets of the campaign, but I just think there are better ways of hyping the campaign. At this point, I feel like I'll be playing campaign to connect the pieces together rather than with a sense of immersion or exploration.

We should also know way more about the MP at this point, especially considering all the changes they're making.
I have enjoyed the campaign info. Keeps me wanting more in raising expectations from what they're really hiding instead, which to me its safe to assume its going to be Epic. They've done so much Not to spoil anything "big" so far and wanted to share tidbits in their ViDocs of the "Evolutionary" steps they've taken Halo than in previous games. The Spoiler Thread is not somewhere you want to go.

heckfu

Banned
I step out for like an hour and I started a skill gap debate? Folks, I told you in August I'm going pro in 4, just feel sorry for the noobs I destroyed.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, which just proves my point. Everything I posted has been posted here before as well as from multiple other sources. They're spoilers that 343 has propogated while they hold MP stuff close to their chest.

You know what, I agree with what you're saying to some extent, but I'm actual proof that you can still go into this game spoiler free. 343 released that info and so what? Have I watched any of those videos? No. What else did I do? Stay away from HaloGAF for several pages until the discussion died down.

Now what went wrong here? You were making a post that I can attest to, so as I continued reading BAM! subtle spoilers everywhere that reveal way more than any of the gifs I've randomly seen in this thread..

At least most posters in this thread put the spoiler tags when talking about Campaign stuff from what I've seen. So please, do it for little Suzy.

v <3

BigShow36

You know what, I agree with what you're saying to some extent, but I'm actual proof that you can still go into this game spoiler free. 343 released that info and so what? Have I watched any of those videos? No. What else did I do? Stay away from HaloGAF for several pages until the discussion died down.

Now what went wrong here? You were making a post that I can attest to, so as I continued reading BAM! subtle spoilers everywhere that reveal way more than any of the gifs I've randomly seen in this thread..

At least most posters in this thread put the spoiler tags when talking about Campaign stuff from what I've seen. So please, do it for little Suzy.

I apologize, as I didn't even realize they were considered spoilers at this point.

Top Bottom