• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

If that was true, wouldn't they have shown that off in the Forge demo? It seems like the "new" forge is the same as the old forge just with magnets + dynamic lighting. Those are great additions, but it doesn't seem nearly as revolutionary as what you're describing.

Well I would think so too, but perhaps it ran into too many bugs. I mean a lot of forgers feel like the presentation was lack luster and a minor change from Reach. Perhaps this WAS one of the features that was originally not believed to be able to get done for release. If I remember correctly Frankie said that these features were believed to be extremely difficult to implement for release. Maybe they wanted to show it and there were just too many bugs with the system.

Cuz when I think of magnets I think of more than just a "snap-to system". Magnets tie themselves together making groups of magnets. And locking seems like such a subtle change to emphasize without having another purpose. And duplicating is cool and all, but on individual pieces the amount of time saved is very minimal. Though I do admit that if you are working very closely with precise angles then duplicating is a god send. If anything maybe the design docs for Halo 5 can be tweaked right now to include it as the next upgrade to forge from 4 to 5. :)

Also BS Angel says that we probably won't hear about new stuff for Forge this month so there is still hope.

CyReN

Is it true nobody ever got 50 legit in H2? I've heard that a few times.

I believe Legit and Naded got them in double team, there was some stories years back that Legit got so angry he lost a match going for it he tosses his controller against the wall or something.

nillapuddin

If that was true, wouldn't they have shown that off in the Forge demo? It seems like the "new" forge is the same as the old forge just with magnets + dynamic lighting. Those are great additions, but it doesn't seem nearly as revolutionary as what you're describing.

your forgetting the "locking" of pieces
which is essentially the inclusion of an "undo" button, because you dont run the risk of deleting/coordinate bumping/changing physics of any locked object

also the outlining system helps greatly with cluttered areas

The areas I expect forge to make the biggest leaps forward are in performance and in the overall cohesive geometry of the objects/mathematical scaling

Nearly all of the pieces in reach forge have uneven dimensions and/or are improperly centered

I dont even have to state examples of how poor the performance of forge world is and it is the single handed thing that cripples forge more so than any lack of features.

Kuroyume

Banned
Enough with the videos of stuff we've already seen, where are the new features?? Previous mainline Halo game introduced Theater, Forge, File sharing, etc.. Is Spartan Ops (firefight evolved to some) really the only new thing here? Minor COD garbage like perks and care packages or whatever don't really make the cut as new exciting features.

::shrug::

Only worthwhile thing there is theatre. As long as the game is good I don't care about anything else.

Would be nice if they commented on how they've improved the old stuff though... Surely theatre has to have seen some upgrades right? YouTube support at least?

Took me less than 24hrs to get to 23 rank FFA in Halo 2. But back then my GT was different. Idk Halo 2 felt faster in killing players than in 3 (maybe bcuz noob combo lol). Never seen anyone reached passed 50.

heckfu

Banned
Took me less than 24hrs to get to 23 rank FFA in Halo 2. But back then my GT was different. Idk Halo 2 felt faster in killing players than in 3 (maybe bcuz noob combo lol). Never seen anyone reached passed 50.

I don't know what to make about this post. Like...anything.

Fuchsdh

I liked the Killers before they went screwy after Sams Town.

Also, Covenant weapons vid would be cool, but I'm hoping for more OST music and less wub.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OT (har har har), but Techland released a CGI trailer for Dead Island Riptide today.

Say what you will about the games (I personally consider Dead Island one of the best games of last year), but geez these trailers are gut-wrenching. If only the games could be as emotionally charged as these trailers.

DeadNames

Banned
Screw cupcakes, I would sell my firstborn to servitude in Test.

Screw my firstborn, I'd sell myself.

OT (har har har), but Techland released a CGI trailer for Dead Island Riptide today.

Say what you will about the games (I personally consider Dead Island one of the best games of last year), but geez these trailers are gut-wrenching. If only the games could be as emotionally charged as these trailers.

What a trailer!

GhaleonEB

Some developer, some day, will be able to couple that kind of emotional impact and sense of tragedy and despair, with great action gameplay. Hasn't happened yet, but I like that they're trying.

Top Bottom