• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

The most important panel for us nerds at NYCC. It was already mentioned by CyReN but the panel schedule was taken down:
Halo 4: The Master Chief Returns and Multiplayer goes to Infinity
Saturday, October 13 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm (GMT: 9PM-10PM ; PST: 1PM-2PM)
Room: 1E07

On November 6th, the Master Chief will return after 5 years lost in space to find a dangerous new Halo universe and tons of surprises in Halo 4. Get an up-to-the-minute status report on this new beginning for Halo and the exciting plans for the competitive multiplayer of War Games and the revolutionary continued storytelling and adventure of Spartan Ops, the brand new game mode that will continue the story of Halo 4 for months after you finish Master Chief’s campaign.

We have to get in line early!

Talents

Banned
3p30ct.jpg

Shadders

Frank, if you're only releasing one remix track it should be the KOAN remix of Green And Blue.

Shit tingles my spine like you wouldn't believe.

Assassins Creed 3 comes out not too long before Halo 4 and already has developer diaries, some kind of ARG, and a unboxing video for the limited edition pretty much spelling out whats in it to allow people to decide if its worth going for.

Just saying.

DesertFox

So is it against the rules at 343 to release a video at say... 10am? Or any time before dinner time on the west coast for that matter? I would love to be suprised by an early bulletin one week.

Enfinit

pizza hut lol.

edit: actually, i already have "the job" just going for orientation

Nice! You doing delivery? Worked at a pizza place in Tampa. Wasn't too bad, made decent tips because it was a higher-class Italian restaurant. Delivering in Tally would suck I'd imagine.

Fortunately I was able to snag a job at Bill's Bookstore but I get like no hours, I'm about to go look for another job. 2 jobs + full-time student = fuck.

Nice! You doing delivery? Worked at a pizza place in Tampa. Wasn't too bad, made decent tips because it was a higher-class Italian restaurant. Delivering in Tally would suck I'd imagine.

Fortunately I was able to snag a job at Bill's Bookstore but I get like no hours, I'm about to go look for another job. 2 jobs + full-time student = fuck.

You go to fsu? That's where I went, fun times.

Yup. Nilla's bumming around Tallahassee too.

Awesome, graduated a few years ago, goin back to grad school next year here in Atlanta.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I really wanna know what's in the LE. I'm (probably) going to lay down $100 for it, I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting.

m23

Assassins Creed 3 comes out not too long before Halo 4 and already has developer diaries, some kind of ARG, and a unboxing video for the limited edition pretty much spelling out whats in it to allow people to decide if its worth going for.

Just saying.

Yeah, it is getting kind of annoying. I mean we have a general idea of what we're getting, but the whole second disc thing is confusing, we don't know if FUD is streaming or downloadable, is the recruit armor exclusive?

I already have it reserved, but would be nice to get some clarification about the second disc especially, I don't want to be swapping discs to be playing multiplayer every time.

CyReN

Yeah, it is getting kind of annoying. I mean we have a general idea of what we're getting, but the whole second disc thing is confusing, we don't know if FUD is streaming or downloadable, is the recruit armor exclusive?

I already have it reserved, but would be nice to get some clarification about the second disc especially, I don't want to be swapping discs to be playing multiplayer every time.

Thought they said while back that FUD would be available through Halo Waypoint app (similar to Halo Reach Legendary Walkthrough Commentary)

TheOddOne

Just saying.
They also have 1200 people over 6 studios working on it! Yeah, that would speed things up :p

Trey

Just saying.

Good for them.

They also have 1200 people over 6 studios working on it! Yeah, that would speed things up :p

It shows! Game looks amazing, im actually pretty hyped for it.

Its got the worst release date possible though, that close to Halo 4... really? I never get games that close to eachother because juggling them sucks. Wouldnt want to rush AC3 before Halo 4 comes out either. Halo 4 is Halo, even if im not as hyped for it. So at this stage im probably going to wait until after Christmas to pick up AC3. Which is a shame - im actually thinking about picking up Assassins Creed 3 and then waiting to pick up Halo 4 till I complete it, but I would never have the willpower, and will probably ruin both games for myself.

Good for them.

Good for the Assassins Creed fans you mean?

nillapuddin

yeah im not looking forward to the route, Ill find out more tonight
7.50 while in the store, 4.?5 while driving, 0.33 per mile, keep tips. i can manage that

getting a job at Bills aint bad at all, I bet the scenery is pretty good to, sucks you cant get hours

Tallahassee isnt very friendly to the jobless

LurkingGAF, ill wear an identifiable pin, if I deliver to you, you better tip me fuckers

Yup. Nilla's bumming around Tallahassee too.

accurate description is accurate.

@AllIsOneIsNone, congrats friend
TOMAHAWK CHOP!

yeah im not looking forward to the route, Ill find out more tonight
7.50 while in the store, 4.?5 while driving, 0.33 per mile, keep tips. i can manage that

getting a job at Bills aint bad at all, I bet the scenery is pretty good to, sucks you cant get hours

Tallahassee isnt very friendly to the jobless

LurkingGAF, ill wear an identifiable pin, if I deliver to you, you better tip me fuckers

accurate description is accurate.

@AllIsOneIsNone, congrats friend
TOMAHAWK CHOP!

put your avatar somewhere

Its got the worst release date possible though, that close to Halo 4... really? I never get games that close to eachother because juggling them sucks. Wouldnt want to rush AC3 before Halo 4 comes out either. Halo 4 is Halo, even if im not as hyped for it. So at this stage im probably going to wait until after Christmas to pick up AC3. Which is a shame - im actually thinking about picking up Assassins Creed 3 and then waiting to pick up Halo 4 till I complete it, but I would never have the willpower, and will probably ruin both games for myself.

my biggest worry is how it's going to work without big cities with tall buildings and narrow streets. I know you're going to be running in the trees, but it just seems like such a difference from the previous games. Completely different dynamic

m23

Thought they said while back that FUD would be available through Halo Waypoint app (similar to Halo Reach Legendary Walkthrough Commentary)

Must have missed that, if so, that sucks. I have a limiit of 80 Gb a month, with 2 brothers that doesn't last very long.

Ramirez

If anyone wants an Age of Empires Online starter pack for Steam, quote this & I'll PM it to you at some point today. It was in Wu's tube, and I really don't have any use for it, so I'll share the wealth!

nillapuddin

If Slaker117 is around, I actually did win a Halo 4 Cryptum pin, have you sent it out yet?
Its just like my avatar (minus the chief)

Yeah I really wanna know what's in the LE. I'm (probably) going to lay down $100 for it, I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting.

My current view on the LE is that I'm gonna end up buying the maps anyways so it helps rationalize the purchase.

I tried juggling Dark Souls with Batman last year and it was a terrible idea. I played the crap out of Dark souls for like a week then dropped it entirely in favor of Batman. I then had a hard time getting back into Dark Souls.

Enfinit

Ive literally never ordered delivery food in this town for all 3 1/2 years Ive lived here, hopefully your a trend setter

For delivery, there's the usual suspects like Papa Juan's, Pizza Slut, Domino's, and Johnny Jim's for sandwiches, then you have Sumo Sabi for sushi/asian (they serve a great helping of food poisoning as well), Rib Shack for shitty BBQ, and every typical Chinese food place.

So basically delivery blows outside chain pizza restaurants and Jimmy John's.

Beckx

my biggest worry is how it's going to work without big cities with tall buildings and narrow streets. I know you're going to be running in the trees, but it just seems like such a difference from the previous games. Completely different dynamic

It can work.

I am a huge fan of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series; in Fortune of War, the intelligence agent character, Stephen Maturin, is fleeing from French agents in Boston. Harrowing chase through alleys, climbing up the sides of hotels, sneaking around high balconies, the works.

As soon as I heard about ACIII this is what I thought of, so I think the game can work.

Unfortunately everything they've show of the naval game has turned me off so completely that I doubt I'll pick it up.

nillapuddin

I sent it out over a week ago. Coming from California though, so I guess it's taking its time getting across the country.

Thanks bud! Lookin forward to getting it

For delivery, there's the usual suspects like Papa Juan's, Pizza Slut, Domino's, and Johnny Jim's for sandwiches, then you have Sumo Sabi for sushi/asian (they serve a great helping of food poisoning as well), Rib Shack for shitty BBQ, and every typical Chinese food place.

So basically delivery blows outside chain pizza restaurants and Jimmy John's.

Im way to cheap to order in, but that sounds about right (the food poising part) roommate last year "encountered" that, didnt see him for a few days.

alright, time to go play pretend real life, catchya later dude

Top Bottom