• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
doesnt benefit competitive community

"You speak for the competitive community"

You took my opinion and twisted to fit your argument without refuting my opinion.

straw man.

I think you are using words but yo don't know what these words mean.

Let me help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I was simply asking you a few questions regarding the apparent stance you're taking with your previous statements, in order to ascertain your position proper before then, hopefully, addressing it with a few flippant remarks and observations.

I'll make it simple.

You are talking BS.

There's been plenty of information released that caters to this "competitive" audience you think you are championing.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Just got back from an amazing vacation seeing my family back in IL. I plan on reading the entire thread, but anyone feel like giving me a breakdown since Monday?

GhaleonEB

:D I was so hyped when I saw this earlier. Holy crap. It's gonna be rad.

A while back I said Infinity Slayer would be the most popular playlist. I may have to revise that. 0_o

So we have for game types:

Slayer (Infinity Slayer variant)
Regicide
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Flood
King of the Hill (I think?)
Oddball (Grifball variant)

Might be more coming, but it's a pretty tight list of new and reinvented game types. Cleared a lot of the clutter from the lists that had accumulated over the years, which should make for more focused playlists.

I hate all of you. If this isn't a thing I'll now be disappointed in Halo 4.
I hope the mechs can pick things up and carry/throw them. One could conceivably make up an Infection gametype where the last man standing gets access to a mech and throw some bitches around. :-D

So what about the Mantis in multiplayer? It looks like it's taking a starring role in at least one prime section of the game - almost assuredly meaning we'll see it in multiplayer in some limited form.

This can still happen.

cy2.jpg

What the hell am I seeing there? A frozen over Valhalla? Is that just some Halo 3 mod?

Woorloog

Banned
Firepower and Dexterity >

It's all personal preference to fit what you want to do, but I think more people are going to use Firepower than they are thinking at this point. Storm Rifle secondary is cash moneyz.
Maybe. I know i won't.
I can see how many things may play out and i can plan pretty well for many things. I'm confident in my skill, i know i will be getting ordnance drops so i will need one weapon slot for those weapons. Thus starting with another primary weapon will go waste many times, in these cases another perk is a better choice.
Of course there may very well be times when two primaries may come in handy and i will probably have at least one loadout for that (Rifle, AR/Storm Rifle, Camo, Firepower and some other perk, kind of camper build.

What the hell am I seeing there? A frozen over Valhalla? Is that just some Halo 3 mod?
Very old mod, i think it happened in 2008 or 2009 already. Just a shader swap, IIRC.

Trey

Are you arguing that randomized, however slight, mechanics in a precision weapon make it more "fun" for people?

I also find it sad that the fringe gametypes of Halo are getting more love and intelligent design than the core MP.

It allows lower skilled players to have a better chance at contending with higher skilled players at a purely shooting standpoint - analagous to AA. This eases players into the game and makes it more approachable. And the bullets are "randomized" within a visually represented area, which expands and contracts predictably.

The Internet, where being a jerk makes you look cool.

Disdain is easier than enthusiasm because you can do it with a hand wave, and for some backwards reason, it has a better intellectual reputation.

It's much harder to talk about why you love something then to pick it to death.

It's also much more satisfying.

Gui_PT

I've got bad news about the offline world...

Oh god... don't tell me... No!

Disdain is easier than enthusiasm because you can do it with a hand wave, and for some backwards reason, it has a better intellectual reputation.

It's much harder to talk about why you love something then to pick it to death.

It's also much more satisfying.

We should all learn from that kyle guy.

No one learn anything from him

I'll only release my Competitive Post Game Results from 2012 back to 2011. You'll have to talk my word that before 2011 I was a proper pro, 50 in every Halo 3 playlist.

:D

Mm. Joke needs to be up-to-date: "I'll only release my Competitive Post Game Results from 2012 back to 2011. You'll have to take my word that before 2011 I didn't have any secondary accounts to boost other players in ranked playlists."

Edit: Also, your 2011 Results show a high number of games in Multi-team, artificially inflating your overall K/D in MM.

TheOddOne

I stood up OddOne for like 2 hours.
It was the worst thing that happend to me that week. All was going so splendid, bird were singing, Gui was posting upskirt Willie pictures, Dani posted fiction articles, Big Bewb guy was extra nice to me and Viewtiful... still didn't get Viewtiful Joe 3. All was right in this world.

A question about Dominion. Say you're the team in Last Stand, and you manage to retake a base. Does everyone instantly lose their overshields and all the dead teammates respawn?

also everything looks amazing. I don't even know what to do with all my hype

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I'm not saying that there will be more competitive details revealed, but is anyone honestly surprised that all these other gametypes were detailed first? Classic/competitive Halo isn't exactly going to bring in a heap-ton of new sales- that seems a pretty fixed number to me.

raindoc

According to the french magazine:

• Mech is called the Mantis, playable in campaign
  • New game mode called Flood (think Infection x100)
  • Flood - 2 infected players, 10 non-infected, 12 total (Flood infected Spartans shown)
  • Infected players have deadly claws for melee damage and enhanced vision

1) mechs are boring.
2) having flood models for infection would be a very nice extra.

godzilla+screen2.jpg

i like the new Jackal design, mostly because i'm just happy that there is a new one and the old one's gone. look at the quoted pic above - that bird has the facial expression of a screaming cartoon donkey/it looks like something created in Spore/last time i saw a face like that, i was looking at a Picasso painting/etc.

DeadNames

Banned
So how exactly does Dominion work?

Pls don't suck Halo 4.

Also, Ragnarok, you seem very entitled, along with a few others. My views on skill based ranks coming later.

A while back I said Infinity Slayer would be the most popular playlist. I may have to revise that. 0_o

So we have for game types:

Slayer (Infinity Slayer variant)
Regicide
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Flood
King of the Hill (I think?)
Oddball (Grifball variant)

Might be more coming, but it's a pretty tight list of new and reinvented game types. Cleared a lot of the clutter from the lists that had accumulated over the years, which should make for more focused playlists.

I hope they keep Assault, Territories, Headhunter, classic Zombies/Infection and Race!

Also I would like to see VIP return but that is doubtful (Team Regicide maybe?).

I really wish that Gen Defense from the Reach Beta would return in some form or fashion. Dominion sounds cool though. Conquest was great in Halo 3 but that mode relies on custom maps.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm not saying that there will be more competitive details revealed, but is anyone honestly surprised that all these other gametypes were detailed first? Classic/competitive Halo isn't exactly going to bring in a heap-ton of new sales- that seems a pretty fixed number to me.

Of course, be realistic.

I've seen the Infection playlist outpopulate every other individual playlist. It's stupid popular and it's about time it's been given proper developmental resources.

I can't stand Infection but hey, it deserves the attention.

Top Bottom