• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

willow ve

"Incineration Cannon and Binary rifle, both power weapons, are not ludicrously overpowered," said 343 Industires spokesperson Frank O'Connor at a hastily called press conference this afternoon. "Adapt, bitch," he added, before stepping down from the podium and attempting to leave. However, he was embarassed in front of Neogaf's elite press corps when the fire exit he attempted to leave through was locked.

I think this thread can die happy now.

Not sure if I like the redesign. The front is really ugly now. Kinda looks like something from Halo Wars...

Looks like a mashup of a Hornet and a Pelican.

Omni

2821618-web_preview.png

Not sure if I like the redesign. The front is really ugly now. Kinda looks like something from Halo Wars...

Woorloog

Banned
http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/f658d031cc7746939f018f0346281bfd/2821618-web_preview.png[img]

Not sure if I like the redesign. The front is really ugly now. Kinda looks like something from Halo Wars...[/QUOTE]

Halo Wars designs matched rather closely to Halo 2/3's designs. Very closely in fact, with some exceptions (primarily the Banshee after upgrades, also the Vampire was stylistically a bit different).
Not sure if i like this new Pelican either, though in videos and above it looks just fine.
Notice how the Gunship version has a gun turret on the roof.

EDIT also notice how the new Pelican ressembles[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mi24CP_edit.jpg"] Hind helicopter[/URL] with steeper front.

[quote="nillapuddin, post: 42402155"]NEW PAGE

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/jackals_zpsac7e7d80.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
A Promethean and an Elite. Let's talk about their design then.

Merguson

Banned
That's the point. You're recognizing it based on what it's not. It doesn't look anything like the previous ones, presenting both an aesthetic and a canonical problem.

It's an aesthetic problem, sure. However, with a fictional universe spread across various mediums, you are going to get different artistic interpretations of things.

It's not a canonical problem. It's not that important. The story should be the only thing that's important to canon. Especially in a video game franchise where prequels and sequels will be developed, and new enemies/weapons/locations will appear and of course changes to the design of those things.

In my opinion, anyways.

So, was Spike/GTTV not supposed to talk about (Spoilers----->)
....................... the Didact ................... ..
(<-----Spoilers) because they seem to be the only place who talked about that, and all other publications said there were spoilers in mission 3 that they weren't supposed to talk about. Just seems weird that all other places mention that 343 wanted that stuff to be a surprise and then GTTV just kinda outing it during their show.

Merguson

Banned
So, was Spike/GTTV not supposed to talk about (Spoilers----->)
the Didact
(<-----Spoilers) the because they seem to be the only place who talked about him, and all other publications said there were spoilers in mission 3 that they weren't supposed to talk about. Just seems weird that all other places mention that 343 wanted that stuff to be a surprise and then GTTV just kinda outing it during their show.

Pretty sure it was Frankie who mentioned it?

nillapuddin

If i may ask, what the hell DID happen to this model of the Jackal?

(to avoid giant image, here's a link)

Honestly, it looks like the new model is going more in that direction, but with the orange skin.

It was always my favorite, it just showed off the more reptilian nature of the jackals, they simply chose to really go with the avian theme afterwards, just to simplify things

Lol.

You're probably my favourite poster that came from the relentless wave not long ago

thank you sir, much appreciated
i think I actually slipped in before "the wave", joined in March, nevertheless

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah. I dunno, man. In halo 2 i enjoyed the craziness of the jackal model, but after 3, ODST and Reach i was wondering what happened to the rounder heads. It just added a little more variety to the game, which i loved.

I really disliked Reach due to the LACK of variety when it came to the sandbox.

Hmm. Yeah... Halo 3 and Reach Jackals felt kinda uninspired. Sure, they looked good but... They lacked something.

Reach has quite a variety of Elites. And Grunts. And Skirmishers. Poor Jackals were forgotten.

GhaleonEB

So, what's the trick to getting Waypoint to work again? I have not been able to load it all day.

I just went to xbox.com and re-loaded it there, which took a while for the passport sign in. But it's up. I'm trying to open Waypoint in another tab, and still no dice.

nillapuddin

So, what's the trick to getting Waypoint to work again? I have not been able to load it all day.

I just went to xbox.com and re-loaded it there, which took a while for the passport sign in. But it's up. I'm trying to open Waypoint in another tab, and still no dice.

I tab out of chrome and...

open it in IE
(works everytime)

it WILL NOT open in chrome

TUROK

You know, all this hullabaloo about redesigns is fun and all, but no matter what, Halo 4's MP will never reach its true potential because it has no custom game browser.

Halo 4 will never be the best MP game around without one of these.

Woorloog

Banned

Log out of Xbox.com, then try again, don't be signed in. That's how i got to Waypoint.
Using Chrome BTW.

Not sure if you've answered this, but is the gametype 'forgeable'?
As far as I know.

This is music to my ears good sir. :)

Oh, is that how it worked? Cool.

I could actually see this working... I doubt we could do it as Forgers, though.

Actually, come to think of it. If this game-mode is forgable, which will assume to be true, then we will be able to place markers for weapons, vehicles, shield walls, turrets, etc. If we could bind the actual hill/territory entity to the Mammoth, then... Yes. Just yes,

The Mammoth would be interesting, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how Dominion is created in custom maps. I'm curious as to how much control we have over upgrades. Can you imagine the possibilities with full control over where the turrets and what not are placed? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVjuTaODvc&feature=player_detailpage#t=309s

Regeneration field looks kinda cheap here. It restores shields really fast. Recharge rate is about 30 seconds or so it seems. Definitely a bit worrying.

Also re: boltshot - I always assumed it was headshot capable but I don't know for sure.

When I saw those clips of Regen field I was quite worried. That thing looks insanely good with little delay. I wonder if it works cumulatively with the shielding perk.

what are the blue dots on the motion tracker in this video?

New clutter from camo?

This is important for me to know... is the camo jamming dots supposed to be red dots on enemy radars? I can understand if they are supposed to be blue as just sort of a notification of camo being around the area, but what is the point of giving them elevation markers if they aren't ever going to be red on an opponent's radar? Would be great to get some clarification on this. :)

Wow. Awesome. I feel less guilty now :lol Seriously though, that's great.

That is awesome, and I also feel less guilty.

I will however be watching it on the HD stream from buying gold before Columbus :).

November 2nd-4th, MLG Dallas
November 3rd, 22nd birthday.
November 6th-11th Halo 4 with having work off.

Gon' be good.

Deleting cookies is the only thing that worked for me last time.

Waypoint is a very problematic site.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Isn't it amazing that the general gaming side of GAF is pretty much in love with Halo 4? We don't hear anymore stuff about milking the franchise, or, "looks like Halo" or any other bullshit. And I've figured out why. It's the
Graphics

I'm still facepalming at the reasons for CTF's changes. If CTF still isn't popular in Halo 4 and actually sucks, they better add the option to turn in it back to classic and restore it to normal in Halo 5.

Isn't it amazing that the general gaming side of GAF is pretty much in love with Halo 4? We don't hear anymore stuff about milking the franchise, or, "looks like Halo" or any other bullshit. And I've figured out why. It's the
Graphics
Yep. And to resolve the cognitive dissonance they are experiencing, they are taking it out on Bungie for some reason.

zethren

Banned
Honestly the redesigns don't bother me all that much. At first, the Jackal's new look was pretty jarring. But I've come to expect that this is 343's game, and 343 has a different visual style than Bungie (even though they, of course, try to stick to the basic design philosophies that Bungie set up within the fiction). I've come to accept this ever since we first saw Master Chief's new look. I'll always hold dear what Bungie has done, but I'm welcoming with open arms 343's new take on the game just the same.

I hope that for the person using camo the radar still fills with red dots. Using camo should make the radar useless for them to balance it.

IMO that is definitely the wrong approach to balancing it. Rather than making camo useless overall, the camping aspects of it should be nerfed. At Reach's state using it for situations other than camping/sniping is viable, but only just barely. Again I think it would be best if standing still drained your meter faster than moving. Like the difference between 20 seconds of camo time while moving 100% of the time and 7-10 seconds of camo time while standing still 100%. This would definitely encourage the misdirection/stalker side of camo rather than the camo/sniping side of camo.

TUROK

Yep. And to resolve the cognitive dissonance they are experiencing, they are taking it out on Bungie for some reason.
My favorite post on general gaming GAF was the one saying that Bungie lacked ambition in comparison to 343. That was pretty hilarious.

Top Bottom