• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

bobs99 ... said:
Why would anyone say that. People may not want the Halo gameplay to go down the CoD route, but CoD has a lot of good stuff 'outside' the gameplay. Deathcam could potentially take the 'awareness' factor out of the game so I wouldnt want that, but winning kill cam would be pretty nice.

Well I came up with a logical reason, so I had to put a generic fanboy reason in there too. It's all about balance. :D

Kapura

Banned
NOKYARD said:
Last night, after several beers, someone suggested they base the game on Onyx instead of Reach.

The BETA will be available for download sometime late December.
Upholding the tradition of completely scrapping the project halfway through, Halo 2 style?

NOKYARD said:
Last night, after several beers, someone suggested they base the game on Onyx instead of Reach.

The BETA will be available for download sometime late December.
I wouldn't mind taking some time to explore that Forerunner city....

Blueblur1 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8rWugapjNA

Someone please tell me that they're going to do something about this.

I would hope so, but this couldnt have come at a worse time, Bungie are probably desperatly trying to get Reach out the door. I have to say, I just dont see the appeal of the aimbot, that guy wasnt really *playing* that game, he was simply pressing the right trigger, you could have about as much fun with the TV off. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Blueblur1 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8rWugapjNA

Someone please tell me that they're going to do something about this.

Lol I actually got matched with this guy in MLG. One of my teammates got booted out by the opposite team and then he just quit out. I didn't even know who he was until my teammates told me. I hear Bungie is banning like all of his accounts. Well not all of them lol. Just in case you guys didn't get this one, here it is...Jester is MLG. Lets hope this doesn't spread to douchers in the community.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Tell me you're going to do French complete last.
One way or the other youtube will be flooded with videos of the french version one month in advance, so I'd rather not have the internet badmouthing an unfinished looking version.

Since halo 2 bungie have improved the bannings I think, I hope with reach that a modded xbox can be perma banned from the game's matchmaking, he can go out and buy another and just have it banned again and again :D

or so I wish, baby steps first and I am glad that Reach is handing out lite bans for quitters.

Diablohead said:
Since halo 2 bungie have improved the bannings I think, I hope with reach that a modded xbox can be perma banned from the game's matchmaking, he can go out and buy another and just have it banned again and again :D

or so I wish, baby steps first and I am glad that Reach is handing out lite bans for quitters.

Apparently Jester has something which allows him to unban his xbox, best they can do is ban his accounts and keep forcing him to pay for Live (unless he has ways around that aswell :S).

zumphry

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Apparently Jester has something which allows him to unban his xbox, best they can do is ban his accounts and keep forcing him to pay for Live (unless he has ways around that aswell :S).

I say Bungie's/Microsoft's best force of action is to have Jerome go to that guy's house with a camera crew.

I'd pay money for whatever would happen then.

ZayneH said:
I say Bungie's/Microsoft's best force of action is to have Jerome go to that guy's house with a camera crew.

I'd pay money for whatever would happen then.

:lol

Im suprised they havent taken serious action, slightly unrelated but even Bungie people have been hacked, surely thats illegal? Actually making an example of the modders by actually taking legal action is probably the only thing MS can do to deter it. Using an aimbot isnt exactly worthy of jailtime, but you know. :lol
To be fair stealing gamertags which could potentially have credit card info on them is probably pretty serious

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm curious to see what Bungie's auto detection looks like. I know it's doing some work but there are still a lot of cheaters out there. The problem again is the people who buy accounts. These cheaters come up with new and faster ways to level up to a 50 to sell it as fast as possible and there's a market for them. However yesterday there was a group of cheaters who were all 50's that threw up the lag switch against me. I guess those guys were just assholes :lol

Dax01 said:
Whoa. Wait. Staten isn't working on Reach or the story? Where'd you here this?

In Wu's awesome interview of good old community lovin'.

Miguel Chavez: It seems that you've gotten a little closer to discussing this new IP that's been kept so close to Bungie's chest (nipple level). Can you let us know what familiar names are currently involved?

Joe Staten: All the same core folks that shipped Halo, including the elusive Jason Jones. I've been working fulltime on the new thing since ODST shipped.

Fucking ace

pull.jpg

EazyB

Banned
Church RvB said:
We need E3, stat!
We need someone to go back in time and make the beta not suck. Personally that took more wind out of my sails than anything else possibly could have and judging by the state of the thread ever since, I'm probably not a lone. The thread's been more dead recently than it every was during even longer stretches of no Halo news.

EazyB said:
We need someone to go back in time and make the beta not suck. Personally that took more wind out of my sails than anything else possibly could have and judging by the state of the thread ever since, I'm probably not a lone. The thread's been more dead recently than it every was during even longer stretches of no Halo news.

Thread is more dead than ever probably because not everyone enjoys the endless rant that lingers in the air xD

metareferential said:
Thread is more dead than ever probably because not everyone enjoys the endless rant that lingers in the air xD
Pretty much this for me. When I was reading some of the things being complained about by people I used to play with I bailed. Now I just give the thread a glance every once in a while.

Loved the beta by the way.

I enjoyed the beta but.....

I think its better that the wind be knocked out of your sails sooner than later. Wouldn't you rather be let down by the beta and expect the retail version to be underwhelming, than hype yourself up to high heavens for the retail version?

The thread is dead because there's nothing new going on.

The BETA is over, we pretty much know everything there is to know, and unless Bungie shows or tells us someting new, there's not much to discuss.

vhfive

I know that I have played very little halo since the beta ended. (halo overdose) I've been enjoying other games for the time being and dont really miss it.

That being said anyone up for some games. Gonna try to get my skillz back

Kapura

Banned
New topic: Shield recharge wait should be longer, kills should be 8 shots with pistol and DMR. It would create higher skill gap.

Discuss.

Kapura said:
New topic: Shield recharge wait should be longer, kills should be 8 shots with pistol and DMR. It would create higher skill gap.

Discuss.

Recharge should be shorter.

Pistol 5 shot is fine.

DMR should be 3 head, 4 everything else.

Sniper should be 1 head, 2 body. It is that already though yeah?

EazyB

Banned
Church RvB said:
I enjoyed the beta but.....

I think its better that the wind be knocked out of your sails sooner than later. Wouldn't you rather be let down by the beta and expect the retail version to be underwhelming, than hype yourself up to high heavens for the retail version?
I'd rather be let down later rather than sooner. If the beta had never come out I would not have known how mediocre it was. I would be sitting at my computer with a shining grin on my face, springing out of bed each morning knowing I was another day closer to Reach, talking with my internet friends about how amazing it will be, stroking my game boner in fevered anticipation.

But no, the beta didn't want any of that, it just wanted to break my spirits. What's there to look forward to without Reach?

vhfive said:
At least you got your Halo 3 skillz back.

EazyB said:
I'd rather be let down later rather than sooner. If the beta had never come out I would not have known how mediocre it was. I would be sitting at my computer with a shining grin on my face, springing out of bed each morning knowing I was another day closer to Reach, talking with my internet friends about how amazing it will be, stroking my game boner in fevered anticipation.

But no, the beta didn't want any of that, it just wanted to break my spirits. What's there to look forward to without Reach?

At least you got your Halo 3 skillz back.

I only caught a couple of your negative posts about Reach Beta, but how much did you actually not like?

I'm not Halo freak skillz wise, but I play a lot, and I LOVE what Reach did in the Beta. It levels the playing field far more than any Halo before it.

I was far beter at Reach than I am at Halo 2 or 3, although I'm serviceable at those two as well.

I assume that's your main beef with it?

wwm0nkey

Church RvB said:
Well I came up with a logical reason, so I had to put a generic fanboy reason in there too. It's all about balance. :D
Hey Church, random question why do me and all my friends seem to keep running into you? Just played against you today in lost planet 2 and my other friends that I usually talk too have ran into you several times on bad Company 2 :lol

Top Bottom