• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Are you on a PC? I'm on a Mac. Is there some sort of option I have to enable?

Maybe that's it. I'm on Windows XP. I haven't touched any options or settings either.

PC > Mac :p

Dax01 said:
Are you on a PC? I'm on a Mac. Is there some sort of option I have to enable?

Im not 100% sure, but I think the same video might be up on Xbox Waypoint, I know I saw the other videos in that series up there. Generally I try and avoid the Waypoint site lol, it doesnt seem to work properly for me ever.

Why cant they just use Flash. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bobs99 ... said:
I know you weren't talking to me but... Well it is a video game... so I tend to personally put myself in positions that are going to be more fun. In Reach its all to easy to go camo in a obscure rock and get a bunch of kills, but why do it, its cheap as hell and proves nothing.

Im all for doing the fun thing.
That said, if getting cheap kill streaks is what you find fun... do your thing, it is Reach after all lol.

EDIT: As for the new DLC footage, the fact its been seen on Waypoint before Bungie.net makes me think its potentially 343's work. That said this probably doesn't mean much. That was a awesome teaser sneaked in perfectly.
Wasn't talking to anyone specifically, but how is that cheap? I'm disappointed in the Call of Duty generation where if you *actually* snipe using *actual tactics* a sniper may use, which involve making use of his or her toolset, it is cheap. I have done the camo/sniper thing before (On Paradiso) and it is not god mode, your not invulnerable, and any half competent player can take someone employing those tactics out.

A sniper shouldn't have to prove anything, and shouldn't be somehow less worthy of a sniper or cheap if they use cover and camo strategically. I'd rather that than see montages of l33t snipes from pros doing no scopes. That's not sniping.

MrBig said:
Yeah and I use armor lock and camp around corners with shotguns.

derp

This actually describes my matchmaking play-style perfectly. Screw you anonymous players! I'm here to ruin your fun not make it easy for you!

NOKYARD

Yeah, i went to watch it and updated to the latest Silverlight as requested. The site vanished and wouldn't return till i chucked the cookies. I gave up SMH at Microsoft a long time ago. Not enough neck cartilage left after years of being forced to use a PC in the Printing industry.

and,

SCREENSHOT OPTIONS
-AUTONAME AND SAVE
-SAVE AS…
-DISCARD SCREENSHOT

The name you have selected was rejected by Xbox Live. Please select another name.

Im guessing it was 1337-8008135.jpg

He's still at it...

xXSaviourSoulXx is now a Forerunner.

Apparently if he continues maxing out the daily cap (which they have been doing so far) he will get Inhertor on April 12thth.

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:
He has a total of 34 Days, 15 Hours and 14 minutes of total playtime. That mean (I think) he has played an average of six hours of Halo a day EVERY DAY since Reach came out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NOKYARD said:
Yeah, i went to watch it and updated to the latest Silverlight as requested. The site vanished and wouldn't return till i chucked the cookies. I gave up SMH at Microsoft a long time ago. Not enough neck cartilage left after years of being forced to use a PC in the Printing industry.

and,

SCREENSHOT OPTIONS
-AUTONAME AND SAVE
-SAVE AS…
-DISCARD SCREENSHOT

The name you have selected was rejected by Xbox Live. Please select another name.

Im guessing it was 1337-8008135.jpg
:lol

& That Saviour Soul guy.. goddamn. Keep fighting the good fight homeboy.

Devin Olsen said:
He's still at it...

Apparently if he continues maxing out the daily cap (which they have been doing so far) he will get Inhertor on April 12thth.

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:
He has a total of 34 Days, 15 Hours and 14 minutes of total playtime. That mean (I think) he has played an average of six hours of Halo a day EVERY DAY since Reach came out.
I really would like to see if Bungie has planned sth. when an amount of people reach the Inhertor rank.(Like the rank cap last november)

Roche

Devin Olsen said:
Fun Fact:

He's also killed 321,593 covenant, I don't know how anyone can do that.

vhfive

Devin Olsen said:
He's still at it...

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:
I like the fact that he hasn't even beat the game on legendary

Tashi

vhfive said:
Probably because it's a waste of time. Not enough credits lol. I'm convinced it's more than one person on that account. Will Bungie do an interview with the first Inheritor like they did with the first General in Halo 3?

equil

Devin Olsen said:
He's still at it...

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:

Thats just firefight, he also has 8days 10hours in campaign and 11days 18hours in matchmaking.

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:
Probably because it's a waste of time. Not enough credits lol. I'm convinced it's more than one person on that account. Will Bungie do an interview with the first Inheritor like they did with the first General in Halo 3?
Back in the beginning of H3 it was actually hard to reach general. Not as many boosters at first and required competitive ranked play. All you have to do now is pass your account around among a few friends and play firefight non-stop.

GhaleonEB

vhfive said:
And that his primary weapon in Campaign is...the Target Locator with nearly 35,000 kills. Assuming he gets six kills every time he uses it on ONI, that's 5,800 checkpoint restarts. And I added up the time he's spent on all game modes; works out to nearly 59 days, or over 38% of the time passed since Reach was released. Which is an even mix of sad and pathetic. :lol

There's something wrong with him. And his parents, for that matter. (Assuming it's not a joint account. I'm guessing it's one obsessed kid, though.)

bobs99 ... said:
Im not 100% sure, but I think the same video might be up on Xbox Waypoint, I know I saw the other videos in that series up there. Generally I try and avoid the Waypoint site lol, it doesnt seem to work properly for me ever.

Why cant they just use Flash. :(
Yeah it is. I watched it, and those maps look good.

You people are so quick to judge! What if he's a real-life Old Boy but they let him have an Xbox?

GhaleonEB said:
Assuming he gets six kills every time he uses it on ONI, that's 5,800 checkpoint restarts.
Only 6? :p

I got 14 or so.

Also, the Skee Ball custom gametype is amazing.

enzo_gt said:
Wasn't talking to anyone specifically, but how is that cheap? I'm disappointed in the Call of Duty generation where if you *actually* snipe using *actual tactics* a sniper may use, which involve making use of his or her toolset, it is cheap. I have done the camo/sniper thing before (On Paradiso) and it is not god mode, your not invulnerable, and any half competent player can take someone employing those tactics out.

A sniper shouldn't have to prove anything, and shouldn't be somehow less worthy of a sniper or cheap if they use cover and camo strategically. I'd rather that than see montages of l33t snipes from pros doing no scopes. That's not sniping.

I like Halo because its that more unrealistic type of shooter. Same with CoD actually. So when im put into a game where people are simply camping, or hiding, or doing things which quite frankly slow the pace of the game down I dont enjoy it.

It might not be god mode to go camo with a sniper hidden in a rock somewhere, but really all you are doing is waiting all match for some unlucky sod to come into your crosshairs. Its not exactly hard is it? In real life if you where doing 'what real snipers do' then you would have the andrenaline rush of knowing that if you get caught your screwed. Its also a lot harder in real life lol. In Halo all your doing is being the dude who literally uses the easiest method to get cheap results. You may not do very well, and anyone half way decent will know how to counter your tactics, but Halo has the potential to have so much more.

Devin Olsen said:
He's still at it...

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:

On Halo Charts it shows that I have played with (and beaten) him on Halo 3. Whoo :p

It also shows that he cheated and isnt allowed on the Halocharts leaderboards lol. I wonder if there's a prize for first Inheritor? If so I have to say that he deserves it for dedication alone, but the first 'legit' Inheritor should get something special.

I use camo sniper out in the open field all the time, the haters should try it themselves some day. It's fun as fuck and hey, if the other team wants to ignore me and allow me to continue poppin' heads without interruption, that's totally fine by me.

Self Induced said:
I use camo sniper out in the open field all the time, the haters should try it themselves some day. It's fun as fuck and hey, if the other team wants to ignore me and allow me to continue poppin' heads without interruption, that's totally fine by me.

Hey if your in the field and actively persuing your targets in a stealthy way your awesome, your basically Predator without the infra red vision, and I salute you.

If your crouching in a pile of Rocks near your base just waiting for someone to come into your scope however, even if you get perfections... you suck.

GhaleonEB

Self Induced said:
You people are so quick to judge! What if he's a real-life Old Boy but they let him have an Xbox?

Only 6? :p

I got 14 or so.
I didn't think there were that many enemies there. Two Wraiths, four Grunts and an Elite is what I usually run into. But I don't kill the infantry about half the time with the locator. At any rate - dude spent a whole lotta time grinding there. :lol

kylej said:
A gym membership.

I hate to be judgemental but in the 8 months the game has been out and SaviourSoul has been hitting the daily cap he could have done so much. You would be pretty ripped if you committed that much time to a gym for 8 months.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
I hate to be judgemental but in the 8 months the game has been out and SaviourSoul has been hitting the daily cap he could have done so much. You would be pretty ripped if you committed that much time to a gym for 8 months.

6 hours in the gym a day would get you broken.

There is such a thing as TOO much when it comes to the gym.

Alienshogun said:
6 hours in the gym a day would get you broken.

There is such a thing as TOO much when it comes to the gym.

Haha fair enough. Surely on the same wavelength 6 hours of Halo a day cant be good for you. :p

Not that im not guilty of binging on Halo.

Ramirez

That guy only had 1K more AR kills than BR in Halo 3, highest skill of 46, if you're going to be pathetic on Halo, at least be good at Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Haha fair enough. Surely on the same wavelength 6 hours of Halo a day cant be good for you. :p

Not that im not guilty of binging on Halo.

It might be good for him if he's a professional mall Santa. :p

Ramirez

I meant 1K less AR kills than BR's, but yea, there should at least be a 20K gap in there.

Out of curiosity I checked mine, and I had 43K more. :lol

Tashi

Ramirez said:
I meant 1K less AR kills than BR's, but yea, there should at least be a 20K gap in there.

:lol :lol Mine is around 100k

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:

Agreed, 1K more AR kills is nothing, he should have at least 10-20K more AR kills to be considered at least a half decent Reach player.

Devin Olsen said:
He's still at it...

Pretty Wild.

47.png

Fun Fact:

More fun fact:

Halo Reach has been available for 153 days, and he has a total playtime of 58 days 50 mins and 10 hours. so then how many hours a day, on average does he play a day?

edit: a little over 9 hours a day

Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol Mine is around 100k

WTF!??

I played Halo 3 a LOT, a HUGE amount but in terms of my stats I have roughly 30K Br kills and 5K Ar kills. I cant believe you played 3x as much as me. That said I did spend most of my time in custom games.

enzo_gt said:
Agreed, 1K more AR kills is nothing, he should have at least 10-20K more AR kills to be considered at least a half decent Reach player.

enzo_gt - I dont think it was your implied point, but quite frankly the best Reach players are probably the guys who abuse the shittier aspects of the sandbox, So your right.

By that I mean things like Armour lock and double beatdown, I know a bunch of people prefered the AR in Halo 3 and thats fine. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bobs99 ... said:
enzo_gt - I dont think it was your implied point, but quite frankly the best Reach players are probably the guys who abuse the shittier aspects of the sandbox, So your right.

By that I mean things like Armour lock and double beatdown, I know a bunch of people prefered the AR in Halo 3 and thats fine. :p
Okay I can concede to this :lol

Armour lock beats EVERYTHING.

Tashi

bobs99 ... said:
WTF!??

I played Halo 3 a LOT, a HUGE amount but in terms of my stats I have roughly 30K Br kills and 5K Ar kills. I cant believe you played 3x as much as me. That said I did spend most of my time in custom games.

The vast majority of my games were in MLG. No ARs in that playlist lol

GhaleonEB

Self Induced said:
Wow. Pathetic.

Had an interesting Firefight game earlier. The one dude with me is running around trying to get the grenade launcher Challenge on Grunts and Jackals, leaving everything else to me (except when I boarded Wraiths, at which point he starts lobbing grenades at it to steal the kills). That left me dealing with pretty much every dangerous thing in the game. I go to take out a Wraith and get stuck in a perpetual loop of "oh god what now".

Best part was, by the time I got back to base, two more Wraiths were dropped off.

equil

Ramirez said:
That guy only had 1K more AR kills than BR in Halo 3, highest skill of 46, if you're going to be pathetic on Halo, at least be good at Halo.

This is what his bio on halocharts says.

Player Bio
"Get a life" soo original. Its funny how so many people say that to me. They play the same game...lol. So many discussions and forums about me. Why just cause i have goal and reaching it. Its funny cause in reality, i very much have a life. Honestly...more of one than 90% of the people talking negative about me. I am a rap/singer in a rap/rock group. I don't need a job cause i make well enough doing what i love. Trust me REACH is a secondary hobby. In conclusion, please stop all the bickering about boosting and playing a lot. If you wanna write a forum or blog about me at least mention my music!! Which can be found at myspace.com SEKTOR SE7EN the official page. Thanks to all the people who have stuck up for me and also supported this journey to inheritor. And to the haters...maybe u can get your rank up if you wouldn't spend so much time talking about people playing reach. lol "no life"

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Had an interesting Firefight game earlier. The one dude with me is running around trying to get the grenade launcher Challenge on Grunts and Jackals, leaving everything else to me (except when I boarded Wraiths, at which point he starts lobbing grenades at it to steal the kills). That left me dealing with pretty much every dangerous thing in the game. I go to take out a Wraith and get stuck in a perpetual loop of "oh god what now".

Best part was, by the time I got back to base, two more Wraiths were dropped off.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Blue Ninja said:
I normally never survive an entire Score Attack game, especially if I start with the Grenade Launcher. This time, however, I thought it'd be different...

The Gods of Halo apparently thought otherwise.

What did you do first? Throw the controller into the wall or yell so loudly that you hurt your throat?

Haha either he plays with our emotion or we(I) think too much about it, but lybertyboy is posting very strange stuff:
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidEllis/status/36908459731451904

Top Bottom