• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hap and Leonard |S2| Michael Kenneth Williams & James Purefoy - Wed on SundanceTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Based on the novels by Joe R. Lansdale (this season is based on the second novel 'Mucho Mojo'), SundanceTV's 'Hap and Leonard' returns Wednesday, March 15 at 10/9c. Like season one, season two will consist of 6 one hour episodes.

Interestingly, Sundance is touting the fact that anyone can jump into this season - no need to watch season one. However, if you still want to catch up before season two premieres, the first season is available on Netflix.

In 'Hap and Leonard: Mucho Mojo', Hap and Leonard find themselves in mucho trouble as they unravel a murder mystery with more twists and turns than an East Texas highway. The story begins with a skeleton, Trudy's missing ashes, a pissing match with a neighborhood drug dealer and a piece of MeMaw's fresh baked pie. When Leonard is arrested for a murder he didn't commit, Hap and attorney Florida Grange must work to clear his name. The only things standing in their way are Hap’s unquenchable thirst for Florida, a serial killer, bad mojo and themselves.

Cast

• Hap is a man looking for truth and justice, the American way, and just a little love to go with it.
  • Leonard is an openly gay Vietnam War vet with a hotheaded temper.
  • Florida Grange is a smoking-sexy Southern girl with more brains than most men put together.

• MeMaw is her neighborhood's elder matriarch. She makes a mean pie – just ask Leonard.
  • Wealthy and powerful, Sheriff Valentine Otis bends the law to his liking.
  • County Judge Beau Otis is Valentine's grown son who hasn't quite earned everything he has.

• Reverend James Fitzgerald is a religious zealot who runs the New Hope Church.
  • A regular churchgoer, TJ is in awe of his older brother, the Reverend Fitzgerald.
  • Detective Marvin Hanson is hard-nosed and suspicious of everyone.

Videos

Promo Photos

QH3bk5F.jpg

jV1KLhO.jpg

AcXo2ja.jpg

Thanks for the new thread! I binged on S1 after it was over, and I'll probably do something similar for this season given the current glut of TV. Fun show.

berzeli

Banned
Thanks for the new thread! I binged on S1 after it was over, and I'll probably do something similar for this season given the current glut of TV. Fun show.

Yeah I'm leaning towards this as well. Season one was really good but it isn't essential viewing and there is just so much else on right now.
Looking forward to this though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks for the thread. I thought there was an episode already but I guess it was just a preview of the season, whoops :p

Also, just saw season 1 is on Netflix if anyone wanted to watch that again or get some other people into it.

O.DOGG

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed the first season very much. Looking forward to watching this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yep, that was good. They seem to have struck a better tone this year.

(also, both episode 1 and 2 are up on Sundance's website - no cable log in required!)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I finally had time to check out Season 1 thanks to Netflix. Love the chemistry between the leads. It's such a short series, hoping I make my way to Season 2 shortly

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Bad Mojo

Hap and Leonard deal with the repercussions of their crimes. Hanson and Charlie witness a suspicious incident at the morgue. Hap and Leonard split up to cover more ground and stumble upon the town's violent secret.

I THOUGHT that was Spud McConnell. How odd, didn't know he did anything outside of New Orleans. Repping for my hometown. I might just watch this for funsies

I never would have predicted that in a million years either ratsky.

Great episode. Leonard saving Hap on horseback is already on my shortlist of best scenes on television in 2017.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I didn't see that one coming either! These last few episodes have had some legit good twists.

And, damn @ that season 3 set up. Hope it gets renewed.

TripOpt55

The last two episodes were great. Hap and Leonard's friendship is just so good. The dialogue between the two is perfect. I love it. The show has such a wonderful sense of humor. Both seasons have been paced really well and I like that they have had different kinds of stories to tell. I'd gladly take more stories. Hope they do more seasons of the show.

Leonard saving Hap on horseback is already on my shortlist of best scenes on television in 2017.

This was incredible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Louis Gossett Jr., Corbin Bernsen & Andrew Dice Clay Set To Recur In Season 3

Gossett Jr. plays Bacon, a veterinarian-turned-cook at the local diner. Bernsen will portray Chief Cantuck, the foul-mouthed, morally ambiguous head of the Grovetown Police department. Clay is Sonny Knox, the town’s politically incorrect radio disc jockey.

In addition, Laura Allen (American Horror Story: Cult) plays Officer Reynolds, an East Texas cop who hides her bigotry behind her badge, Sydney Wease (The Vampire Diaries), portrays Belinda, ethereal teenage waif, mute since a mysterious abduction, and musician Curtis Harding plays blues legend, L.C. Soothe, and L.C.’s grandson, Bobby Joe, both of whom run afoul of the Klan. Tiffany Mack (Florida Grange) and Cranston Johnson (Detective Hanson) return as series regulars.

In Season 3, when Florida Grange goes missing in the Klan-infested town of Grovetown, Hap and Leonard set out to find her. As the mystery unfolds, Hap and Leonard find themselves at odds with a cast of characters so tough they could chew the bumper off a pickup truck, including a possibly corrupt sheriff, and the leader of the Caucasian Knights. Set once again in East Texas, against an impending storm of Biblical proportions, Hap and Leonard scramble to locate Florida before the Klan locates them. The boys learn that the good guys don’t always win, and nobody beats Mother Nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom