• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone here ever been to Tibet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

I'm looking at going there sometime in the near future (In the next 2 years for sure), and I'm wondering if anyone has been there before?

If so, what's it like? How long is it feasible to stay for? How strict is the Chinese government? If I go, I'd like to bring some 'gifts' with me for the Tibetan citizens, and I'm wondering how easy it is to get by the Chinese authorities, and if they catch you, just how much shit you can get in?

All comments are welcome :)

mattx5

I've never officialy been part of an organization against the Chinese occupation of Tibet, so they don't really have anything to hold against me. It's not like they can read my mind :p

And no, I have no personal friends there. I was thinking more along the lines of smuggling in some books or something.

mattx5

HalfPastNoon said:
and if you can get over the lashings because of cursing

Erm, what? I wouldn't see myself swearing aloud when I'm there, but if a Chinese official hears you swear, they lash you?

Shit!

Stele

Holds a little red book
Like most poor territories, unless you're bringing a good quantity of cash, your presence is a nuisance. It matters not whether it is a democratic or autocratic state. Tibet is considerably poorer than the rest of China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom