• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone played Donkey Konga with drum sticks?

I'm kind of up in the air about purchasing Donkey Konga, and was wondering if anyone has played the game using drum sticks? I think it would be kinda cool to play it as a drumming game and just bang the sticks against one another for claps. Is this totally unreasonable?

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
ravingloon said:
I'm kind of up in the air about purchasing Donkey Konga, and was wondering if anyone has played the game using drum sticks? I think it would be kinda cool to play it as a drumming game and just bang the sticks against one another for claps. Is this totally unreasonable?
wtf.jpg

Jim Bowie

taiko_no_tatsujin_3.jpg

Hiya! My name is Taiko no Tatsujin! I'm the game that ravingloon wants! I'll be at your place on October 26, 2004! See ya then!

Love,
Taiko no Tatsujin

Jim Bowie said:
taiko_no_tatsujin_3.jpg

Hiya! My name is Taiko no Tatsujin! I'm the game that ravingloon wants! I'll be at your place on October 26, 2004! See ya then!

Love,
Taiko no Tatsujin

I did a search on these forums and found a comparison between Donkey Konga and the PS2 drum version. Debate seems to be split. Things in favor of Donkey Konga: The Nintendo theme songs are a major plus over Namco theme songs. 2.) I sold my PS2 a while ago. And while I had decided to pick another one up for GT4, the removal of online play really sucks my enthusiasm for that out. I can hold off on playing Ace Combat 5 and Dragon Warrior 8 until I eventually purchase a PS3 (I'm not a huge Sony fan, but I always get the new consoles, even if I keep some longer than others). So if I can just use drum sticks, there's not a whole lot of difference it seems.

Top Bottom