• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Film: Nine Innings From Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

HBO Sports presents a special advance screening of its upcoming feature “Nine Innings from Ground Zero” which revisits the role baseball played in New York’s recovery after 9/11. The film’s acclaimed combination of revealing interviews, photos, and footage demonstrates how baseball brought New Yorkers hope and relief as they rallied together behind the New York Yankees in the 2001 World Series.

http://www.hbo.com/nine_innings/index.html

I can't believe how GOOD HBO is at finding good ideas to make movies about. In fact, its something I thought people would make a movie about 30 years from now.
nineinnings_bg.jpg

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Please use QUOTE instead of CODE.

Also, sounds like an awesome idea for a movie. I'll have to TIVO this.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
ESPN's one hour special on the role of sports during/after 9/11 was one of the best pieces of tv I've ever seen.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
HBO films rarely misses, this should be good. I still cant believe how good most def was in something the lord made, that was truly a great film.

ESPN's one hour special on the role of sports during/after 9/11 was one of the best pieces of tv I've ever seen.

That's exactly what I thought of when I read the thread title, "HBO must've watched ESPN 25's Headlines about 9/11." And you're right I thought they did a fantastic job showing the chaos and tragedy and how it affected all of the major sports and college programs.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
KilledByBill said:
That's exactly what I thought of when I read the thread title, "HBO must've watched ESPN 25's Headlines about 9/11." And you're right I thought they did a fantastic job showing the chaos and tragedy and how it affected all of the major sports and college programs.

Bam! I wasn't the only one who watched it and really enjoyed it. High five.

Fatalah

Just saw the film tonight. Its basically like watching the 2001 MLB World Series tape they sell. Nothing new brought to the table besides heart-warming stories of personal triumphs and the little things going on behind the scenes around baseball at that time.

Should have been more in depth though. But damn, I love my New York Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom