• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDloader is dead

I wonder if Sony or any developer will ever find a way to make their new games incompatible with HD Loader... or is the PS2 hacked for good now?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh man was this thing asking to be hammered. I had a look at it the other day. sweet deal for the early adopters.

Gek54

A little off topic but I have some newb questions. I need to get a HD for my PS2. Right now I have a ATA 100 2MB buffer 30GB HDD in my PC. How much a difference will I notice if I use an 8mb buffer HD in my PS2 versus an 2mb and does the PS2 utilize ATA 133? I am trying to consider if I should spend the cash to upgrade my PC hardrive and stick my current one in the PS2 or get a fat HD for my PS2. I also need to know if any games that use the HD will not be compatible with a 3rd party HD.

Gek54

Ok, it seems hdd enabled games wont be a problem but I still am curious if the buffer and ata speed have a significant effect.

Brofist

Wario64 said:
Pirates am cry

Have you ever tried it? Cuts down on load times on PS2 games drastically. Also for some reason I always picture the person making this type of reply in the topic to be the biggest pirate hehe

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Or just license Harmonix's codes
Or Incog's, or Ubisoft's latest... It's extremely easy to make a game that will not work on HDLoader. All you need to do is to use a disc accessing instruction other than the one HDL supports.

On the flipside, developers might finally start realizing how sought after that kind of functionality is, and implement official HDD installing in their games.

There is no doubt that you will still be able to get this in asia for the next 5-6 years. Book a flight to HK or malaysia or somewhere. HDloader get!

No matter what, it's still a start if someone can do enough reverse engineering to keep the spirit of things alive :) If anything, it was working proof, right?

Johnny Konami said:
No matter what, it's still a start if someone can do enough reverse engineering to keep the spirit of things alive :) If anything, it was working proof, right?
or people just blatantly ripping it off, like HDAdvance...

Brofist

TheGreenGiant said:
There is no doubt that you will still be able to get this in asia for the next 5-6 years. Book a flight to HK or malaysia or somewhere. HDloader get!

Or just go to 1 of the 2 million places on the net and download the damn thing for free

No there are ways to put the files on a memory card, and then boot without knife swapping or anything. It involves one knife swap and that's it. You can get this loader, which is where the knife swap comes in, which you boot, it dumps some files to the memory card, and then you use the PS1 game exploit as your boot disc to boot the files off the memory card. No swapping after you do it once.

Top Bottom