• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headphone feedback - thanks GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

A while back I asked for some help replacing some God-awful Labtec headphones that I had been using for quite some time and GAF responded and gave me tons of helpful feedback. In the end I ended up going with Sennheiser headphones because they were good closed headphones. Initially I picked up a pair of HD-212 Pros. They are a good set as are the 202s (not for me - open). These are a quality set of headphones but have this mid-cup thing that tool some time to get used to wearing.

During this time I thought to myself - well these are normally considered average... and there are great Sennheiser's for a few bucks more (literally on Amazon) so I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a pair of HD 280 PROs. These headphones are amazing and I can't believe I only paid $80 bucks for them when there are crappier Sony headphones for SOOOOOO much more money (V-600 comes to mind).

Anyways I am impressed and amazed that I could get a great set of closed studio quality headphones for such a low price. Before this process I didn't even know who AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, and Beyerdynamic even were. Now I know I absolutely won't get anything else. Its like when I purchased my first Lexus ES-300... when you own something quality it really stands out in everyday use.

Phoenix

They do an above average job. They aren't as good as noise cancelling headphones, but people actually have to get close to me before I can hear them. Right now I'm listening to Stephanie Mills and typing and I cannot hear the keys being pressed at all. If my phone rings, however, I will be able to faintly hear it enough to know that its ringing.

There is almost no leakage though. I've talked to people in the office and no one can tell what I'm listening to. They just know that they can't yell out for me anymore because I won't hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom